Rangers take Republic of Ireland youngster Sam Kelly on trial

Money and the chance to win trophies with Rangers is a massive draw for a lot of players, especially ones without a contract/team.

I'd sign for Celtic if I got offered a few grand a week and I hate them.

If he scored the goals/put in the performances that won us titles I couldn't care less if he used to hate the club TBH.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point taken, but they haven't won anything meaningful in almost thirty years.

Would you be happy not winning trophies and championships as long as all our team were of the same ilk?

Like I said the fans know what Rangers are all about, it's in our hearts and always will be. The religion/nationality of whoever scores the goal that wins the next game for us does not matter to me.

No I don't think we should be like Athletic Bilbao...

I fucking hate Basque people.

I'm surprised you'd say that.

I always wanted to be a footballer. If it was a choice between play professionally for celtic or never be a footballer, it wouldn't even be a choice for me.

Fair enough that's upto you but I don't think you can blame others who think differently. IMO.

I'm not saying the boy is going to be a world beater, but say he does.Someone that puts their hatred of a country/religion before Rangers Football Club's success is a bit of a strange fan. You said yourself you play for Celtic if you were getting a few grand a week. The perk being you're making a fortune, the downside being you have to play for them. The perk of Rangers winning trophies (potentially because of the input of an Irish/catholic player) totally outweighs the if's and maybe's of him hating the club in his youth.

I'm not saying the boy is going to be a world beater, but say he does.Someone that puts their hatred of a country/religion before Rangers Football Club's success is a bit of a strange fan. You said yourself you play for Celtic if you were getting a few grand a week. The perk being you're making a fortune, the downside being you have to play for them. The perk of Rangers winning trophies (potentially because of the input of an Irish/catholic player) totally outweighs the if's and maybe's of him hating the club in his youth.

You say it makes people strange fans but others could say it makes them fans with principles.

I've got no issue with someone who doesn't mind the thought of taigs and Republic Of Ireland nationals or ex Celtic players playing for us because there is a valid argument that aslong as they do the business then who cares - all I'm saying is that other people have the right not to want those types of characters playing for the team - for the reasons I gave earlier.

You say it makes people strange fans but others could say it makes them fans with principles.

I've got no issue with someone who doesn't mind the thought of taigs and Republic Of Ireland nationals or ex Celtic players playing for us because there is a valid argument that aslong as they do the business then who cares - all I'm saying is that other people have the right not to want those types of characters playing for the team - for the reasons I gave earlier.

We'll agree to disagree. At the end of the day we're still bears (tu)

Money and the chance to win trophies with Rangers is a massive draw for a lot of players, especially ones without a contract/team.

Mate Neil Lennon might end up signing you, apparently they need a goal scorer.

I could never see myself signing for them, although as i'm not a professional footballer it's easy for me to say that.

It is easy to say when you know it will never come to it but I would never play or sign for those disgusting paedo lovers I couldn't I just couldn't, how could you do that and look another bear in the face again or even look in the mirror and not want to smash you own face in?