STV Ally says "Hundreds of players are betting on matches".

OlegKuznetsov

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFA response is that no clarification on the rules is necessary and that all betting on football is banned.

The fact that they emphasis that universal ban, merely raises more question marks over why they didn't pull up all gamblers.

However, it will satisfy Guid, Spiers, English, Corgrove............................

The difference is Black bet against his own team, Idiot.

No, that may make it more uncomfortable for us or him but the SFA in their rather cheeky response to ally stated the rules are clear! Ok then if they are clear and they wish to enforce them then any player who has made any bet anywhere is just as guilty as black allegedly is!

Its obvious this is not just about Ian Blacks betting habits but another attack on Rangers and our staff. I notice the sfa have also refused to ''clarify'' the rules for Ally and Rangers, really the least they could of done considering the shameful way they handled this.

No, that may make it more uncomfortable for us or him but the SFA in their rather cheeky response to ally stated the rules are clear! Ok then if they are clear and they wish to enforce them then any player who has made any bet anywhere is just as guilty as black allegedly is!

Nail on head!

They could have been a little wiser in their wording. It's something of an own goal, rather than an effective response to Ally's position.

Nail on head!

They could have been a little wiser in their wording. It's something of an own goal, rather than an effective response to Ally's position.

Yip they are leaving themselves open to massive repercussions.....just a quick look on twitter (thread started last night) shows evidence of many players betting....now if they are saying to ally the rules are clear and don't need addressed then surely we can expect countless others to be charged? Seeing as how the rules are so clear and enforced!

TBH I have never been too comfortable with the "he's doing it as well" defense, but there needs to be transparancy, if they are expecting this to go away they are mistaken, the fall out from this could cripple the game.

A blind man could see that this is all part of the vendetta against Rangers. Their timing tells the story. Although I disagree in principle that players should never bet against their team, I am led to believe that the 3 bets in question were 5 pound accumulator type bets. Hardly a fucking crime and totally fucking meaningless. I'm with Ally on this and we should back Black all the way and put those heinous taig cunts at the SFA under some serious pressure and identify every player where there is evidence of betting.

Footballers like a punt and I really don't see the problem provided you don't

bet in a game that you could be taking part in.

The problem I have is the punishment handed down, say black gets a 3mth

ban from football, who picks up the wages?

I think he'l be getting banned alot longer than 3months, I'd say we would be picking up his wages...who else is going to start paying him? He could maybe do the Scottish Adverts for Ladbrookes.

We know what the SFA think of us, and as I said in another post, one rule for them and the Hammer for us.

All I'm saying on Black, no player should bet against his own team, Idiot.

I think everyone knows that players bet but i doubt very little are betting against their own team, That for me is a sackable offence.

For you or me that may be a more severe action but under the sfa's own rules that they claim are abundantly clear there is no differentiation.....a bet is a bet and is punishable just the same regardless!

We know what the SFA think of us, and as I said in another post, one rule for them and the Hammer for us.

All I'm saying on Black, no player should bet against his own team, Idiot.

Agree, but back him as one of our own. Get behind Ally on this as we all know the agenda. Then we hand out our own punishment behind closed doors.

I think all players have had a bet maybe even on their own team but if any player of ant team bets against his own team its time to move him on I am old enough to remember the betting scandal on the fixed odds in the early 60s and players went to jail back then and had their careers ended .

I think he'l be getting banned alot longer than 3months, I'd say we would be picking up his wages...who else is going to start paying him? He could maybe do the Scottish Adverts for Ladbrookes.

That's The worrying thing if they ban 1 player then the floodgates are open,

the last thing we need would anyone else getting outed, paying wages for players

to be sitting in the house would not be good for finances.

SFA response is that no clarification on the rules is necessary and that all betting on football is banned.

The fact that they emphasis that universal ban, merely raises more question marks over why they didn't pull up all gamblers.

However, it will satisfy Guid, Spiers, English, Corgrove............................

as ally said players are ignorant of the rules. Are the SFA going to charge everyone? Amnesty is required providing there is no criminality.

Black was stupid, especially betting against his own team. Hearts, ICT or us.

The SFA have made absolute tits of themselves -again - just to score a small point against Rangers.

Now they've opened a real can of worms and they haven't a clue how to control It. Fucking incompetents.

Ally should just release the names of the players and OFFICIALS, yes OFFICALS - and watch the bastards at Hampden implode.

If they charge him then they have to go after others as it's so widespread it doesn't bare trying to work out.

My mates play for div3 sides and one in the spl, they both put on coupons as does everyone else.

Should only be rules on match fixing and betting on your own team, should be allowed to gamble away as normal like the rest of us otherwise.