Jim McColl in tomorrow's Record - Mather Must Go

Zappa

Here's the new regime - same as the old regime. McColl and Murray have now established, in my view, a firm track record of destructive tactics to obtain what they want. Demands for sackings without giving substantive reasons based on hard fact are destructive - when, before 01 Aug, the Board was pursuing a path of stability and with Charles Green in the background and out of media attention in France. Murray and McColl blew that apart by the call for the GM. They have not tabled any positive plan of what they would do better nor have they said why their proposed replacements for the Board are better qualified to do the job and what they would do differently to improve the way Rangers operates. Like the previous senior execs at Rangers they have elected to pursue their objective by using the media as the weapon of choice to influence people. In these 2 matters alone it demonstrates to me that their standards of behaviour are not the standards that should be rewarded by places on the Board. It is a power-grab attempt. Add to that the tactic of calling for a GM knowing that what they seek could be discussed and voted at a forthcoming AGM - knowingly therefore costing Rangers money if the meeting had to be held. Acting in Rangers' best interests? Hardly, the evidence being they have had to back off for now on a GM. Their aggressive and destructive approach may yet succeed. A far more preferable line would have been to have waited for the facts of the accounts to speak for themselves and for judgements about credibiltiy of performance of Directors to be taken in the light of the financials and of the forward certain and work in progress business plans for cutting costs and generating funds. But no, we have those who aspire to have control prematurely shooting off all over the media in a determined rush to seemingly bully their way into the Boardroom.

I am not saying Craig Mather is the most suitable person to be CEO. In my view he does not have the leadership skills or commanding authority to do that job. COO was probably best for him in my view. He said there had been a competition for the CEO job but curiously nobody at Ibrox seems to have said who the competitors were. For a salary of £300+ k per year plus the rest of the package I think we have a right to know who else applied for the job and was rejected. I'm not against his performance or that of all other Directors coming under critical review. It should be based on the facts from the accounts and the plans looking forward and of the evidence of the Board having done what it said it would do. When these are on the table, then is the time to have the full and proper debate about whether they are fit to carry on or to be replaced. Until then, all this stuff from McColl and Murray looks to me like no better than an opportunistic grab for power without bringing anything positive to the table, including any additional investment that might have helped their case.

I wish they would all just shut up for now - wait for the accounts to be published - and represent their views and table their requests for change and why replacements would be better, at an AGM. There really is no need to say any more in the media other than if the desire is simply to whip up angst and turmoil as a tactic to try to help the case for change. And if that is done, then here's the new regime, same as the old regime.

Excellent post. Before I read that I was wondering if McColl and Murray would be taking a step back then waiting to next week to present their plan, highlight the 'goings-on' within the current regime then wait for the accounts to prove it. It will be interesting to see how they now proceed.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its frightening how many people are so clueless regarding all this, common sense stuff.

McColl has rightly said he wont invest a penny until there is changes and the leeches are gone and he seems to have backing from some notable shareholders it would seem. There would need to be another share issue for him to invest, buying shares from someone else is not investing in Rangers... How hard is that concept to grasp?.

Mather's "emotional investment" will quickly be cashed in if he gets the chop also.

Whether you like McColl,Murray and Blin its pretty clear to me that their only looking out for Rangers.

I just think these guys cant be any worse than what we have and if it eradicates Green and his shower then im for it.

Was he right when he didn't invest a penny last year?

That post was in response to Mather being called a crook though.

Businessmen want to make money, it's nothing new or shocking. There may be some sort of ideal dream that we'll have wonderful Rangers men owning us that don't want to make a penny out of the club, but they never seem willing to actually put money up.

I hear what you are saying, but it was the defence of Mather, making an investment to justify him that I was attempting to answer. as I said I don't have a problem about people making a profit, what I do have a problem with is when they are kicking the arse out of it.

I think if he was a Rangers fan like he claims he is he would have.

How exactly was it a stitch up?

While McColl may be a Rangers fan, he is first and foremost a businessman. If his main priorities were Rangers when he was young, he wouldn't have achieved what he has.

Even Stevie Wonder could see the whole admin process was a stitch up by Whyte when he got his "preferred" people in to do the work. Surely everyone could see that?

Its frightening how many people are so clueless regarding all this, common sense stuff.

McColl has rightly said he wont invest a penny until there is changes and the leeches are gone and he seems to have backing from some notable shareholders it would seem. There would need to be another share issue for him to invest, buying shares from someone else is not investing in Rangers... How hard is that concept to grasp?.

Mather's "emotional investment" will quickly be cashed in if he gets the chop also.

Whether you like McColl,Murray and Blin its pretty clear to me that their only looking out for Rangers.

I just think these guys cant be any worse than what we have and if it eradicates Green and his shower then im for it.

Basically there's always an excuse aye?

Tax case, bank debt, Duff & Phelps corrupt, too high an asking price, don't want to give this and that individual money.

This. I like Mather, he not only invested his money but he stands up for the club. I used to like McColl but am actually sick hearing his name. I wish he would shut the fck up. He's already said he's not going to invest any more in the club and he's chasing those out, Stockbridge excluded, who are willing to put their money where their mouth is

INDY is also using the rebhel, to spout his pish acting the head honcho with 4 shares, all backed by yht rst etc, fuckin pathetic

Too many Chiefs and not enough Indians springs to mind. Mather has been pretty good as the CEO, but one thing that must be remembered is that he didn't actually want the job in the first place, he wanted to concentrate on the youth development side of the club but took the job to stop someone we really wouldn't want in place. I sense a compromise at the AGM Blinn in and Stockbridge out, this I wouldn't mind as long as Murray is not given any power in any shape or form. Remember Ahmad and Green will be selling their shares on, I have a feeling though that the Easdales will take the majority of these which might end up giving them a majority shareholding.

Really? What has he done? How someone with his ropey background could ever be CEO of Glasgow Rangers is beyond belief. A sports management company with nobody of note on their books, a carton company, owning racehorses that have hardly run, and organising sporting events in UAE. Really? Come on to fuck.

Here's the new regime - same as the old regime. McColl and Murray have now established, in my view, a firm track record of destructive tactics to obtain what they want. Demands for sackings without giving substantive reasons based on hard fact are destructive - when, before 01 Aug, the Board was pursuing a path of stability and with Charles Green in the background and out of media attention in France. Murray and McColl blew that apart by the call for the GM. They have not tabled any positive plan of what they would do better nor have they said why their proposed replacements for the Board are better qualified to do the job and what they would do differently to improve the way Rangers operates. Like the previous senior execs at Rangers they have elected to pursue their objective by using the media as the weapon of choice to influence people. In these 2 matters alone it demonstrates to me that their standards of behaviour are not the standards that should be rewarded by places on the Board. It is a power-grab attempt. Add to that the tactic of calling for a GM knowing that what they seek could be discussed and voted at a forthcoming AGM - knowingly therefore costing Rangers money if the meeting had to be held. Acting in Rangers' best interests? Hardly, the evidence being they have had to back off for now on a GM. Their aggressive and destructive approach may yet succeed. A far more preferable line would have been to have waited for the facts of the accounts to speak for themselves and for judgements about credibiltiy of performance of Directors to be taken in the light of the financials and of the forward certain and work in progress business plans for cutting costs and generating funds. But no, we have those who aspire to have control prematurely shooting off all over the media in a determined rush to seemingly bully their way into the Boardroom.

I am not saying Craig Mather is the most suitable person to be CEO. In my view he does not have the leadership skills or commanding authority to do that job. COO was probably best for him in my view. He said there had been a competition for the CEO job but curiously nobody at Ibrox seems to have said who the competitors were. For a salary of £300+ k per year plus the rest of the package I think we have a right to know who else applied for the job and was rejected. I'm not against his performance or that of all other Directors coming under critical review. It should be based on the facts from the accounts and the plans looking forward and of the evidence of the Board having done what it said it would do. When these are on the table, then is the time to have the full and proper debate about whether they are fit to carry on or to be replaced. Until then, all this stuff from McColl and Murray looks to me like no better than an opportunistic grab for power without bringing anything positive to the table, including any additional investment that might have helped their case.

I wish they would all just shut up for now - wait for the accounts to be published - and represent their views and table their requests for change and why replacements would be better, at an AGM. There really is no need to say any more in the media other than if the desire is simply to whip up angst and turmoil as a tactic to try to help the case for change. And if that is done, then here's the new regime, same as the old regime.

Superb

While McColl may be a Rangers fan, he is first and foremost a businessman. If his main priorities were Rangers when he was young, he wouldn't have achieved what he has.

Even Stevie Wonder could see the whole admin process was a stitch up by Whyte when he got his "preferred" people in to do the work. Surely everyone could see that?

The fact of the matter is Jim McColl is one of the richest men in Scotland yet refuses to put his money where his mouth is, instead he'd rather force his way onto the board with dirty tactics.

I hear what you are saying, but it was the defence of Mather, making an investment to justify him that I was attempting to answer. as I said I don't have a problem about people making a profit, what I do have a problem with is when they are kicking the arse out of it.

and you have rock solid proof of your and media wild accusations of this huge money scam being operated by the current board?

Really? What has he done? How someone with his ropey background could ever be CEO of Glasgow Rangers is beyond belief. A sports management company with nobody of note on their books, a carton company, owning racehorses that have hardly run, and organising sporting events in UAE. Really? Come on to fuck.

And your shift ends when?

He isn't a Rangers fan so what are his motives, putting no money up apart.

Apart from all those who investigated it you mean?

But as fishing attempts go it is very minor league, as is to be expected.

The fact of the matter is Jim McColl is one of the richest men in Scotland yet refuses to put his money where his mouth is, instead he'd rather force his way onto the board with dirty tactics.

Why is raising concerns about the suitability of some current board members classified as dirty tactics? Obviously a lot of the other investors agree with him. He is obviously a very clever man, and clever men don't solve problems with money. They use their expertise to manipulate situations to their advantage.

Why is raising concerns about the suitability of some current board members classified as dirty tactics? Obviously a lot of the other investors agree with him. He is obviously a very clever man, and clever men don't solve problems with money. They use their expertise to manipulate situations to their advantage.

They use their expertise to manipulate situations to their advantage. And that is the problem.

If he had genuine concerns why not buy shares so he can have power to do something about it?

So now D&P were corrupt, ffs, they were independently investigated and found NOT to be.

CG was said to have been in cohoots with google eyes, an independent investigation found he was NOT.

2 shouts by RST and FF, and both wrong, that's a 100% strike rate guys. Now they are all for mini and JM, and my guess is your strike rate will continue.

I say to these chappies, stick to your own folk, preach to your converted, RM does NOT want you, go back under your stones into your comfort zone.

Whyte, Green, McColl, Mather their all crooks in my opinion what we need is a fresh new board or fan ownership

Well someone needs to put their money up to get rid of the current board, and no one is will to do that. Why don't all fans sell their shares to McColl and then green wouldn't be getting any of his money but he would have a decent sized percent.