Bluenoses who turned

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't just change the team you support, it is just strange. Plenty up here in sheepland have weird obsession with Manchester Utd, I know of some with season tickets yet say they are Aberdeen fans. They hardly darken pittidodrie, only when we came to town that is.

After slagging others for changing teams I have to admit that I changed my English team. I once supported Liverpool but changed to Chelsea. I changed when I was ten and Liverpool were current league champions. So no glory hunter. I just remember watching Liverpool lose a match and I felt nothing. No disappointment or anger. I then just chose a team that played in the same colours as rangers and thankfully it's worked out. Could not imagine being a Liverpool fan now and listening to all those rebel songs. Infact I hate Liverpool more that anyother club outside of Scotland.

I think it's ok to change your team as a child as long as it's not to the dark side or a team that rivals your dad/family

Never got the "my English team....." . Rangers for me, growing up in the eighties, were always much bigger than most English teams.Signing their best players reinforced that for me. Still don't get how people can really dedicate support between two teams.

Plenty of people have a few clubs that dont compete against each other. It's like saying u can't like more that one of your children. if anything northern Ireland means more to me than any club side. Then rangers, Chelsea and linfield. I respect your view and understand it but I got equally excited watching Chelsea reach the European cup final and Rangers reaching the UEFA cup final.

I think it's more common for people in Northern Ireland to support an English club than it is for people in Scotland tbh.

You can't support two teams nor can you have two masters; the good book will tell you that. Visited the meeting place of a certain fraternity I belong to in the Scottish borders some years ago and I was shocked to find how many of the Brethren .................... were Celtic fans of long standing. Also found out on a dark and rainy night in Glasgow that some of the Brethren drive taxis and support Celtic. It's not directly related to the original focus of this thread but perhaps there is a connection.

That said, I'm disappointed how some of the members posting on this thread have responded to other members comments. Surely the salty comments have no place among friends. "Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity." (Psalm 133.1)