Do you have to have a season ticket to be a true bear?

Skyson1872

I was talking to my mate, and he says I'm not a true fan because this is the first season I have had a season ticket. The thing is, I know just as much about Rangers if not more than him. I think it's not right at all, many fans are unable to attend games but can be the most passionate there is, does that make them not a true blue?

What you need to guarantee true beardom is a scarf positively bursting with badges. The more badges the better a supporter you are. Buy pure hunners and whap them right onto a scarf.

Got more than your mate? Well he's fucked in every argument about true bear status no matter what.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking to my mate, and he says I'm not a true fan because this is the first season I have had a season ticket. The thing is, I know just as much about Rangers if not more than him. I think it's not right at all, many fans are unable to attend games but can be the most passionate there is, does that make them not a true blue?

Utter nonsense. I'm a season ticket holder for many years (more than I care to remember!), AND I WOULD NEVER MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT.

Many of the guys I travel with to the games have Ready Cards, purchase paper tickets or use a friends season ticket when available. Most of them have family or work committments that make it impossible to get to every home game.

I buy a season ticket each year in the knowledge that I won't make every home game, but others simply can't afford one.

Why are they any less a Bear than me or you?

Yeah I'd agree one's maybe more of a Rangers fan than the other but I'd still consider them both Rangers fans. The OP's mate from my understanding seemed to be saying he didn't consider them true Rangers fans which is slightly different (tu)

The way he meant was that if you don't go to games, you are considered less of a fan or not a fan at all.

Utter nonsense. I'm a season ticket holder for many years (more than I care to remember!), AND I WOULD NEVER MAKE SUCH A STATEMENT.

Many of the guys I travel with to the games have Ready Cards, purchase paper tickets or use a friends season ticket when available. Most of them have family or work committments that make it impossible to get to every home game.

I buy a season ticket each year in the knowledge that I won't make every home game, but others simply can't afford one.

Why are they any less a Bear than me or you?

Couldn't agree more, I don't see how your financial stance should stop you from being as much a fan as any other.

Nobody's a bigger fan than me to be quite honest

tumblr_m76uxj6zMI1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

To be fair, when assessing ourselves as fans we tend to purposely forget about you. It would be like trying to rate yourself as a fighter against Bruce Lee. You know, we rate ourselves recognising that we are mere blue mortals, unlike yourself, master.

prostrated_monk.jpg

As everyone knows, the act of buying a season ticket actually excludes one from being a fan. Anyone can PAY to see the team. True fans don't ...... they create it themselves by playing as Rangers for the full 90 mins on Fifa, Pro Evo Soccer, etc and uploading it to YouTube. I salute these people, for they are the TRUE fans.

Depends on circumstances tbh . If you live two mins from ibrox, have lots of money and no work commitments at the weekend then he's probably got a point. Likewise if you'ld rather play golf on a Saturday or something.

As everyone knows, the act of buying a season ticket actually reduces the fan level of the purchaser. Anyone can PAY to see the team. True fans don't ...... they create it themselves by playing as Rangers for the full 90 mins on Fifa etc and uploading it to YouTube. I salute these people, for they are the TRUE fans.

I took Rangers from Npower League 2 to BPL in back to back seasons, I should be recognised as the king of fans now.

Depends on circumstances tbh . If you live two mins from ibrox, have lots of money and no work commitments at the weekend then he's probably got a point. Likewise if you'ld rather play golf on a Saturday or something.

That's me more or less (apart from the loads of money). I'd be full of self loathing if I didn't go.

I took Rangers from Npower League 2 to BPL in back to back seasons, I should be recognised as the king of fans now.

Sweet Lord! Forget RockwellGers. I bow to you, Lord! Skysonu Akbar!!

prostrated_monk.jpg

Your mate is a tit