who is the biggest bluenose to play for us.

stu54

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,you know what mate.

This was the eary eightes pre-souness.

Anycunt who turned up in they days were true fans.(and there wasnt many,believe me).

We were fucking useless.

We were finishing 4/5 in the league.

So don't you try and tell me im no true fan,because i was there when very few other cunts were.

Well said that man

Those were the real die hard days,i used to sit in the Copland and i could hear my uncle in the enclosure hurling abuse at every player that miscued a pass.remember once we played morton, 14000 at ibrox, genuinly worried andy ritchie was gonna make us look like cunts, and he did,2-2 and by the end there were about 4000 left watchin the last 10 minutes.i was there as a 9 yo with ma dad every fuckin game at ibrox and most away,and as UKIP says, there were not many of us.fuckin happiest days of my life though me and ma da,uncle and cousin, away it was just the 2 of us. shite we were, still the best team in the world though,the regular 16000 who packed ibrox and sang The Billy Boys believed it as well.still wonder where all they 1000s came from when souness took over, they certainly were not standing next to me at firhill struggling for a1-1 draw against thistle in december.

Wasnt all bad though, not even half bad. most of the players were garbage, but we had Davie Cooper on the wing, Bobby Russell centre midfield, and Wee John MacDonald up front, every fuckin week.what a gift from god.

No Surrender

Rab

Well said that man

Those were the real die hard days,i used to sit in the Copland and i could hear my uncle in the enclosure hurling abuse at every player that miscued a pass.remember once we played morton, 14000 at ibrox, genuinly worried andy ritchie was gonna make us look like cunts, and he did,2-2 and by the end there were about 4000 left watchin the last 10 minutes.i was there as a 9 yo with ma dad every fuckin game at ibrox and most away,and as UKIP says, there were not many of us.fuckin happiest days of my life though me and ma da,uncle and cousin, away it was just the 2 of us. shite we were, still the best team in the world though,the regular 16000 who packed ibrox and sang The Billy Boys believed it as well.still wonder where all they 1000s came from when souness took over, they certainly were not standing next to me at firhill struggling for a1-1 draw against thistle in december.

Wasnt all bad though, not even half bad. most of the players were garbage, but we had Davie Cooper on the wing, Bobby Russell centre midfield, and Wee John MacDonald up front, every fuckin week.what a gift from god.

No Surrender

Rab

remember all these games rab sitting in the centenery stand against thistle after the scum had won the league a few days

earlier against us,im sure there was only just under 5000 that night,still as u say we had bobby russell,wee john macdonald who

at least still goes to the games,probably the only ex player(outwith ibrox) ive actually seen at a game,still these were the days

the camaraderie,the fighting at at away games,the football specials,the macaroon bars!

Well said that man

No Surrender

Rab

I remember those days well, Rab.

When you could come in at five to three and still have your pick of the blue seats in the middle of the Copland. When you were worried about facing Partick Thistle. When you were relying on Billy Urquhart to get the goals. When you couldn't see any light at the end of the tunnel but you kept going anyway, because it was still the Rangers.

I fail to see the relevance. I'm not impressed by "uber bear" dick-waving exercises.

tThe relevance is that,if you are as i assume a pretty young guy,you would have absoloutely no idea what it is like to follow our club through thick and thin finishing mid table year after year,and i resent you judging any fan who followed Rangers through those years.

It was much tougher than now,at least now we have a target,we are winning the league we are in,back then we were going nowhere,with no end in sight.

Think about it,Rangers were a MID-TABLE club.

Im not trying to point score over you mate,but maybe you should be a wee bit more understanding of what was happening back then before judging people.

tThe relevance is that,if you are as i assume a pretty young guy,you would have absoloutely no idea what it is like to follow our club through thick and thin finishing mid table year after year,and i resent you judging any fan who followed Rangers through those years.

It was much tougher than now,at least now we have a target,we are winning the league we are in,back then we were going nowhere,with no end in sight.

Think about it,Rangers were a MID-TABLE club.

Im not trying to point score over you mate,but maybe you should be a wee bit more understanding of what was happening back then before judging people.

I'm judging you for abusing players, not your attendance record. Turning up when hardly anyone else does is hardly supporting the club if what you do when you get there is get on the players' backs.

Rangers are now in the third tier of Scottish football. Even worse than MID-TABLE. We ALL know what it's like to follow Rangers through difficult times. You would do well to remember that.

I'm judging you for abusing players, not your attendance record. Turning up when hardly anyone else does is hardly supporting the club if what you do when you get there is get on the players' backs.

Rangers are now in the third tier of Scottish football. Even worse than MID-TABLE. We ALL know what it's like to follow Rangers through difficult times. You would do well to remember that.

We might be in the third tier of scottish football but believe me,i'd rather be where we are now,knowing where we're heading, than be back there.

Every single year you have followed Rangers we've either been first or second.

So for you to judge people for giving the players from back then some stick is unbelieveable.

If the Rangers fans back then would have sat back and accepted the shite on offer without a murmur,without standing outside the front door and protesting then maybe the souness might never have happened and Rangers would have been a mid table club for a generation.

We might be in the third tier of scottish football but believe me,i'd rather be where we are now,knowing where we're heading, than be back there.

Every single year you have followed Rangers we've either been first or second.

So for you to judge people for giving the players from back then some stick is unbelieveable.

If the Rangers fans back then would have sat back and accepted the shite on offer without a murmur,without standing outside the front door and protesting then maybe the souness might never have happened and Rangers would have been a mid table club for a generation.

Did I say I disagree with protesting outside the front door?

Did I say I disagree with protesting outside the front door?

No you didnae,but im trying to give you a total understanding of the position at the time.

Mccoist stated that "the copland stand rose as one" to give him stick.

I doubt very much if you were around then that you'd have been sitting in silence.

You shouldn't judge others unless you were actually there yourself at that time.

We were protesting against the standards and efforts of the players,the manager,the board,and as i say if it wasn't for the Rangers fans then who's to say souness would ever have happened.

No you didnae,but im trying to give you a total understanding of the position at the time.

Mccoist stated that "the copland stand rose as one" to give him stick.

I doubt very much if you were around then that you'd have been sitting in silence.

You shouldn't judge others unless you were actually there yourself at that time.

We were protesting against the standards and efforts of the players,the manager,the board,and as i say if it wasn't for the Rangers fans then who's to say souness would ever have happened.

I have never been one for taking out my wider frustrations on a scapegoat.

The funny thing is, if Ally had turned to the copland road stand, raised a middle finger and told you all to get to fuck, you would have called him disgrace to the shirt.

He always plays the ad hom when he's cornered.

He asked somebody in debates if they were white.

It's a funny one. Maybe if I been at Ibrox in 1985 I would have been an arsehole.

Hell, I AM an arsehole, but I still can't get my head around abusing our own players. I'd rather stay away. And I think that's more supportive (not to mention a better protest).

I have never been one for taking out my wider frustrations on a scapegoat.

The funny thing is, if Ally had turned to the copland road stand, raised a middle finger and told you all to get to fuck, you would have called him disgrace to the shirt.

There wisnae one scapegoat,ally got it that day but the team in general were getting it at that time.

We were calling them a disgrace to to the shirt anyway.

Look were going round in circles so you keep supporting the team and don't shout at any of the players incase you hurt their feelings.

And i'll support the club and i'll be critical when i feel it's appropriate.

There wisnae one scapegoat,ally got it that day but the team in general were getting it at that time.

We were calling them a disgrace to to the shirt anyway.

Look were going round in circles so you keep supporting the team and don't shout at any of the players incase you hurt their feelings.

And i'll support the club and i'll be critical when i feel it's appropriate.

I'm of the opinion that the support IS the club, and therefore behaving in an edifying manner is a pretty important part of it being a club worth being proud of.

I'm of the opinion that the support IS the club, and therefore behaving in an edifying manner is a pretty important part of it being a club worth being proud of.

this is the last im going to say on this mate,look around the world at the most successful football clubs and tell me one who doesn't have a critical support.

The best clubs are successful because their fans do not accept second best.

Any group of fans who accept winning one game in 3 are not following the most succesful teams.

You only need to listen to walter smith or any succesful manager and they will tell you that fear of failure drives them on.

So another way of looking at it is that we are winners because we do not accept shite on the pitch and if they are we soon let them know about it.

Id rather do that than do as you say and just don't turn up.

And tbh i don't believe that in all the times you've watched Rangers you've never given a player some stick,we all have ffs.