Billy Gilmour

hammer93

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...
3 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Just seen this boy Billy Gilmour has been signed to Adidas. Looked him up and this thread appeared. Seems like he's progressing as hoped. Anyone seen him in action? What's he like ? 

I haven't seen him but I'm sure he featured the last 25 mins of the last U20's game against Killie I think, at the age of 14/15.

On Monday, September 02, 2013 at 0:14 PM, Carsons Army said:

I am actually astounded that anyone would pay that type of money for a 12 year old.

During my time involved in youth football I seen kids who were untouchable as 12 year old and were being chased by clubs all over the county. most of them don't even play anymore.

I seen Ross Perry totally dominate a national final at Hampden in the Coca Cola 7s.

So much can happen between the age of 12 and 18 when they should be reaching the 1st team squad.

This is thee most important period in the fevelopment of any player in the world. Ypu only get out what u put in in my opinion. And to be honest in the past rangers have just not had that. It was down to if your face fitted. There were many players i came theough the youths with who were better than i have seen yet their face did not fit the coaches. Therefore they were not taken under their wing. It was a joke and there xould have been so many good players coming through the system but it was down that level where if u had ability and did not interacr or were too loud and more importanlty too cockt they knocked ou down. They did not give players the ability to go out and play like 12 year old . It was stiffled and when i brpught this wuestion up to smith he refuted the suggestion. I am sure you have all seen ovee the years of potential but they were over  coaches playing diamond shapes triangles blah de blah instead of letting players flourish and i knew two boys dads who rook them out of rangers .. thwy went on to have ok careers  .. 

Warburton wants a vision at every level. Things i apoke about a while ago. Rosenberg done it. You coukd not get an interview with them if you did not but into their style of footba. It was part of their constitution. 

We need to look to develop our own internal players cos for the most part this young lad and boy from livingstone. Why are our scpjts not getting out there and wTching these lads. I know we had nisbet as sxoht but i am nos talking about the new regime. They should be having scouts out all over the country. We need to be first to them. We need to be the best we can and yes we can go and get a boy for that price. But we shoukd be looking at our staff doing the donkey work

1 hour ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Just seen this boy Billy Gilmour has been signed to Adidas. Looked him up and this thread appeared. Seems like he's progressing as hoped. Anyone seen him in action? What's he like ? 

So was John Fleck at 14/15. 

5 minutes ago, John Greig's Sideburns said:

For all his criticisms Fleck would most likely stroll it Scottish football today.

Fleck was a ball player and played off the striker 

always punted out wide in a negative lineup 

21 minutes ago, Coplandbear11 said:

Why turn something positive into a snide dig? I was only asking if anyone knew of the boy and what he was like. Fs ?

I do apologise. I was just reminding us that as a club we do not have a great track record with young talent. 

• 4 months later...
On 02/09/2013 at 0:38 PM, bazman said:

RE Billy gilmour,

I am good friends of young Billys Grandfather Harry your eyes dont deceive you he is a fantastic young prospect, and Rangers daft to boot His father served in the Royal Navy and is quite a fair player himself the boy has been kicking a ball before he could walk his grandad myself and his family were all proud when he signed for rangers a number of years ago and he is from Ardrossan

That said, I hope he goes on to have a long and succesful career as a Rangers player.

On 02/09/2013 at 0:38 PM, bazman said:

RE Billy gilmour,

I am good friends of young Billys Grandfather Harry your eyes dont deceive you he is a fantastic young prospect, and Rangers daft to boot His father served in the Royal Navy and is quite a fair player himself the boy has been kicking a ball before he could walk his grandad myself and his family were all proud when he signed for rangers a number of years ago and he is from Ardrossan

Funny that him and his family follow Celtic players on twitter and not any rangers ones outwith youth players 

On 02/09/2013 at 1:27 PM, familystandloyal said:

Not sure exacyly your involvement in youth set up at Rangers, but how can four of them team end up playing for them?

If certain young bhoys are 'open' to signing/playing for bheastfc should they be on our books at all, at any age?

I know the analogy will be drawn with Kenny Miller etc but they are adults/professionals getting paid to do a job, can the same be said of young sellick supporters playing for Rangers youth teams?

No doubt there will be young rangers fans playing for celtic. Nothing you can do if somebody wants to sign you. 

11 minutes ago, Elfideldo said:

I won't get too carried away until it is confirmed his first professional contract is with us.

What age can he sign that? maybe not a great thing that he is in the news atm alerting all and sundry.

Rate him highly Elf?

1 hour ago, pcbear said:

What age can he sign that? maybe not a great thing that he is in the news atm alerting all and sundry.

Rate him highly Elf?

He isn't a secret every club worth their salt knows about him. The standout player for his age in Scotland.

No idea what he is thinking, most players sign pro when they are 16.

Compensation rules have changed, any EPL club would only have to pay €90,000, last season it was around €450,000.

These clubs can offer the best young players life changing contracts.