The wall of silence from the RST on Police Harassment

Zvonimir Boban

Threads like this only allow the usual suspects to come on and have a dig. The OP knows about the Rangers Fans Working Group (which was set up to liaise with FOCUS)but chooses to have a go at the RST, an organisation set up to promote fan ownership.

you and I both know that the RST has commented on many things outwith fan ownership so I'm afraid that doesn't wash with me.

I agree to an extent that they Can be damned if they do and don't but they are quick to make comments on many things with nothing to do with fans running the club

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol so its not Paul Murray, Malcolm Murray, Walter Smith, Charles Green.......

I just want people running the Club who care about it as much as we all do. I want to see money put in by us being put back into the Club instead of people using it to pay themselves ridiculous salaries, arrangement fees and taking cuts from deals for just doing their job.

I just want people running the Club who care about it as much as we all do. I want to see money put in by us being put back into the Club instead of people using it to pay themselves ridiculous salaries, arrangement fees and taking cuts from deals for just doing their job.

Enough about Ally and his wedge.

Can I ask you, on a personal level (feel free to PM if more convenient) why you would associate what you have typed above and slavish support for Paul Murray?

A man who has done nothing, in most people's eyes, to merit such worship.

Can I ask you, on a personal level (feel free to PM if more convenient) why you would associate what you have typed above and slavish support for Paul Murray?

While you're at it, could you tell us about Mark Dingwall's response when certain RST board members recently questioned Paul Murray's inclusion in McCollco?

While you're at it, could you tell us about Mark Dingwall's response when certain RST board members recently questioned Paul Murray's inclusion in McCollco?

dingwalls a puppet mate. He is being worked, at the back, by the wee professor...... heck that nearly sounds like a blog site

So why champion Paul Murray with the above criteria?

dingwalls a puppet mate. He is being worked, at the back, by the wee professor...... heck that nearly sounds like a blog site

The funny thing is I like the big chap and I'm still very friendly with several ex-RST guys. I was fully behind the RST's initial aims and supported them for years. It all just got a bit too cosy for me during TBK. From straight out of a clear blue sky, normally cynical MD became transparently, irrationally, fervently pro-Paul Murray for no good reason. There is no fking way such a hard-bitten guy as Mark D would unswervingly back an ex-SDM director unless there's a very good reason for it. I won't even speculate on the reason but the big chap isn't doing this on a whim, that's for certain.

The funny thing is I like the big chap and I'm still very friendly with several ex-RST guys. I was fully behind the RST's initial aims and supported them for years. It all just got a bit too cosy for me during TBK. From straight out of a clear blue sky, normally cynical MD became transparently, irrationally, fervently pro-Paul Murray for no good reason. There is no fking way a guy such a hard-bitten guy as Mark D would unswervingly back an ex-SDM director unless there's a very good reason for it. I won't even speculate on the reason but the big chap isn't doing this on a whim, that's for certain.

he became pro murray (minty) 2 years before that

as I say the "man without photo" is the real controller

No. We support Rangers.

So the policy of the RST has changed and it is now total fan ownership with no partnerships ?

Meanwhile the Rangers Supporters Trust last night said it would welcome talk switch King regarding joint ownership of the club.

The organisation believe joining forces with King could be a viable option in the future. RST chairman Stephen Smith said: "What we are looking for is partnership.

"We will settle for a halfway house, or fans taking 20% or 30% of the club. If Dave King wants to engage with the support on that bas is we a re still willing to do that."

Frankly, I think you are being a bit unfair here. We are a relatively small organisation, totally reliant on volunteers. Personally, I spend a lot of my own time and money on RST duties and I know a lot of my fellow Board members do too. As you (hopefully) know, the main aim of the organisation is fan ownership and finding a mechanism to achieve that. We also get involved in trying to promote the good name of the Club and its supporters. We have been very involved in lobbying politicians and the police on various occasions but when we refer people to a committee that was set up to specifically deal with issues that is not, in my opinion, passing the buck.

I don't think what I have said is unfair, I probably just need to explain myself better.

As you said, the RST want the club to be owned by fans - via the RST ideally.

In order to own the club, the RST will need to be supported by the majority of supporters.

To be supported by the majority of supporters and undo the damage of the past, in my opinion, the RST need to support, help, and fight the corner of the majority of supporters when opportunity arises - whether they have bought RST membership, or not.

When the majority of supporters see that the RST consistently have their back, then and only then will the RST have a chance of becoming the powerful body it should be.

Do more, to get more.

I don't think what I have said is unfair, I probably just need to explain myself better.

In order to own the club, the RST will need to be supported by the majority of supporters.

To be supported by the majority of supporters and undo the damage of the past, in my opinion, the RST need to support, help, and fight the corner of the majority of supporters when opportunity arises - whether they have bought RST membership, or not.

When the majority of supporters see that the RST consistently have their back, then and only then will the RST have a chance of becoming the powerful body it should be.

Do more, to get more.

But to come back to the OP, the majority of the support are not being subjected to Police harassment so a fit for purpose RST should surely be representing that majority?

Firstly, we all know that Ally is on too much money but he did not award it to himself. Secondly, you'll need to define your meaning of worship. It is a wide range of institutional investors who nominated Paul Murray for the Board, not the RST. We are supportive of the requisition as we believe that a lot of money has been filtered out the Club. I've only met Paul Murray once but his passion for our Club is evident. He's also a Chartered accountant so he and Frank Blin (also a big bluenose) will be able to go over everything to check what has happened to the money. I also believe that neither man is in this for personal gain.

But to come back to the OP, the majority of the support are not being subjected to Police harassment so a fit for purpose RST should surely being representing that majority?

Exactly, that's what they should be doing instead of playing ducks and drakes with potential new owners and pouring scorn on the "gangsters and conmen" who aren't the Trust's friends.

Firstly, we all know that Ally is on too much money but he did not award it to himself. Secondly, you'll need to define your meaning of worship. It is a wide range of institutional investors who nominated Paul Murray for the Board, not the RST. We are supportive of the requisition as we believe that a lot of money has been filtered out the Club. I've only met Paul Murray once but his passion for our Club is evident. He's also a Chartered accountant so he and Frank Blin (also a big bluenose) will be able to go over everything to check what has happened to the money. I also believe that neither man is in this for personal gain.

"you" have believed in paul murray for a good few years... let's say three

I can understand you being "wowed" by a CA

However, those of us in business (ergo more than 71 quid in hand) ignore bean counters as the useless toys they are.

Maybe the RST should seek some proper business leaders to take a more global view

If Murray's aim is to find out what happened to the money, he could start by establishing what happened to the £25m he claimed to have raised in 2011. Especially when you consider he could only raise 30 bob for the CVA a year later. And The Host is right, accountants are a curse. They wreck businesses more effectively than any criminal could ever dream of doing.

Do more, to get more.

(tu)

But to come back to the OP, the majority of the support are not being subjected to Police harassment so a fit for purpose RST should surely be representing that majority?

Maybe the majority have never experienced or witnessed first hand, but I'd hope the majority aren't prepared to accept intimidating harassment of fellow supporters by a police force tasked (through targets) with justifying comical SNP legislation.

And if that was the case, that is where the RST have an opportunity to support the everyday supporter, member or not.

Yes the RFWG actually meet with FoCUS, but the RST command a national audience when they make statements, as we have seen with the backing of various true blue horses in recent years.

If the RST really want to acheive their goals, they need to take every opportunity to act in the interests of the majority - whether or not police harassment meets this criteria is obviously a debate I hope they will have the next time fans are harassed.