The wall of silence from the RST on Police Harassment

Zvonimir Boban

Maybe the majority have never experienced or witnessed first hand, but I'd hope the majority aren't prepared to accept intimidating harassment of fellow supporters by a police force tasked (through targets) with justifying comical SNP legislation.

And if that was the case, that is where the RST have an opportunity to support the everyday supporter, member or not.

Yes the RFWG actually meet with FoCUS, but the RST command a national audience when they make statements, as we have seen with the backing of various true blue horse in recent weeks.

If the RST really want to acheive their goals, they need to take every opportunity to act in the interests of the majority - whether or not police harassment meets this criteria is obviously a debate I hope they will have the next time fans are harassed.

So what are the groups who ARE (allegedly) being harrassed by the police doing other than singing about Charles?

On a wholly unrelated note. Did the video from the Annan (i think) game last season ever emerge? You know the one which apparently had the police hitting anything in sight in the concourse of BF.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Threads like this only allow the usual suspects to come on and have a dig. The OP knows about the Rangers Fans Working Group (which was set up to liaise with FOCUS)but chooses to have a go at the RST, an organisation set up to promote fan ownership.

If by liaising you mean The “Rangers Fans Working Group” are in bed with FoCUS then yes I know about them .

So what are the groups who ARE (allegedly) being harrassed by the police doing other than singing about Charles?

On a wholly unrelated note. Did the video from the Annan (i think) game last season ever emerge? You know the one which apparently had the police hitting anything in sight in the concourse of BF.

I think that is beside the point and not for this thread. The OP said the RST should be looking to help on this fan issue, and I am prepared to agree based on all I've said so far.

I "don't tolerate their shit" at all. I have nothing to do with the RST at this point in time.

Their members make very few posts on here except to try and defend their trust. In that I see nothing wrong. However, there is a group of people within RM now that seem to get off on making posts about either the RST of individual members in a derogatory way.

RM is supposed to be a forum open to discussing contrary views. However, the OP is trolling; looking for a anti-RST reaction, nothing more. Congratulations on providing him what he wanted.

I have to say I agree with this.

No offense meant to those who I am sure have your reasons for disliking this group, but there is no need to come on here to cause MORE needless arguments about other groups.

I am not any champion for any group, but if I saw someone come on and start slating a particular group I was part of, I too would be inclined to come on and defend them whilst stating my case.

There are some on here whom are too willing to come on simply to slate these other groups on a near daily basis OR derail threads to turn it into something about them or whoever else you have issues with that is not directly part of the club.

At some point this hatred has to end and remind yourselves that we ALL have a common love of Rangers. Not just those in groups, but ALL of us. If they don't speak up for you, then fine. No problem.

But some of you DO need a long hard look at yourselves and this dark cloud you constantly allow to hang over you. You are all really decent bears when you are not being like this.

To the OP - if you have an issue with RST - take it up with them. Write a letter or send an email stating your issue. Coming here is not going to help your matter. I have no doubt it is frustrating, but the only way to get answers, is to talk to them and try sort it out.

No offense meant to those who I am sure have your reasons for disliking this group, but there is no need to come on here to cause MORE needless arguments about other groups.

I am not any champion for any group, but if I saw someone come on and start slating a particular group I was part of, I too would be inclined to come on and defend them whilst stating my case.

There are some on here whom are too willing to come on simply to slate these other groups on a near daily basis OR derail threads to turn it into something about them or whoever else you have issues with that is not directly part of the club.

At some point this hatred has to end and remind yourselves that we ALL have a common love of Rangers. Not just those in groups, but ALL of us. If they don't speak up for you, then fine. No problem.

But some of you DO need a long hard look at yourselves and this dark cloud you constantly allow to hang over you. You are all really decent bears when you are not being like this.

To the OP - if you have an issue with RST - take it up with them. Write a letter or send an email stating your issue. Coming here is not going to help your matter. I have no doubt it is frustrating, but the only way to get answers, is to talk to them and try sort it out.

If these groups continue to champion people for their own rewards and in doing so disrupt our club, they will be called out.

You'd rather the RST focused on issues which directly concern their members, such as complaining about the return of Media House to Ibrox, continually belly-aching about Craig Mather and obediently rubbishing Charles Green? Got you.

Not to mention chasing Major investors away.

Mike Ashley f---k o-- and yanks go home banners.

I'm pretty sure such protests were encouraged by some...

The banner idea was posted on FF. Members were encouraged to join in.

One ex-RST board member admitted on Twitter 2 weeks ago he'd backed the banners. He made no apology for the anti-American sentiment on the banners and in fact got very annoyed with me for raising it as an issue.

Displaying anti-Miller banners was an FF/RST-orchestrated initiative aimed at derailing an alternative bid to TBK. Anyone suggesting otherwise is guilty of mendacious revisionism.

Alternatively, posters who feel more positively about the RST could desist from posting supportive comments on here and instead post them on the RST site or FB page?

I see, the only people that can post here are Anti RST members? Maybe RM should change the name to Anti RangersMedia? Would that suit better for some? I don't know enough about them to know anything positive.

What really irks me is that you could turn a positive post about one of the Rangers players into something linked to them! It's getting really ridiculous.

Fair comment I guess though.

Alternatively, posters who feel more positively about the RST could desist from posting supportive comments on here and instead post them on the RST site or FB page?

What about those of us who don't care either way? Maybe we should go on to the RST site or FB page and shrug.

What about those of us who don't care either way? Maybe we should go on to the RST site or FB page and shrug.

Yes, I've seen a great many posts from you saying how little you care. You really must not care an awful lot to be bothered to keep saying so.

I see, the only people that can post here are Anti RST members? Maybe RM should change the name to Anti RangersMedia? Would that suit better for some? I don't know enough about them to know anything positive.

What really irks me is that you could turn a positive post about one of the Rangers players into something linked to them! It's getting really ridiculous.

Fair comment I guess though.

Not at all! I was just expanding on your theory as to how we could reduce RST-related threads on here and the thought struck me that pro-RST posts take up room just like anti-RST threads do. BTW I like your posts, they are (in the main) a breath of fresh air on here. Just thought I'd mention it. (tu)

Not at all! I was just expanding on your theory as to how we could reduce RST-related threads on here and the thought struck me that pro-RST posts take up room just like anti-RST threads do. BTW I like your posts, they are (in the main) a breath of fresh air on here. Just thought I'd mention it. (tu)

Ah okay, I see what you are saying now and thank you. I don't know if many would agree with you, haha :)

I understand both points of view, Pro and Anti. I just tend not to follow either and it does get tiresome, seeing fellow bears argue all the time. Anyway, back to topic

The police harassment is out of control at times, I think due to past experiences when Bears were accused of causing trouble/destroying property(even though I can't believe for one minute any bear is capable of such behaviour ;) ) etc, the police have felt an obligation to lay down the law and come down harder on us. It is very bad craic and recent experiences of traveling to friendly matches should prove we are not the monsters we have been made out to be?

Is it just down to RST to sort these issues out or are there other Rangers Groups who could help liaise with the Police in order to deal with the problems and poor treatment we receive? Even the club themselves?

I hope I am understanding this correctly. Sorry if I am not.