How pivotal was the defeat against Malmo ?

jackunion

Had we beaten malmo and made the champions league how long would it have taken for us to see through googly eyes ? He was always out to bend us over so was the defeat to Malmo in your opinion good or bad ?

I can't help think that things could have been worse had whyte not been found out sooner

Forgive me for not knowing much about the recent goings on over the years of the pitch with our club. I know it's important to get things right for the us to be successful but I know nothing about running a club so I'm not interested other than on on match day.

I can see your point if we had got into CL that season we may well have not found out about Shytes plan until much later, would it have changed things massivly apart from the timeframe? I really couldnt say but as gmcf says its hard to see a much worse situation than we faced in 2012.

I think Whyte was hand picked to do the dirty work for DM.

This would only happen should we fail in Europe as I believe euro money would have paid the tax and nat ins.

This would have papered over the cracks pending the BTC results so I think whittikers hand ball was literally a massive game changer on and off the park.

I don't think Whyte had the skill set to have brought down our outgoings but who knows what would have happenned and who he would have brought in.

I can see your point if we had got into CL that season we may well have not found out about Shytes plan until much later, would it have changed things massivly apart from the timeframe? I really couldnt say but as gmcf says its hard to see a much worse situation than we faced in 2012.

I think your right that it may have just shifted the timeframe until the following year as Whyte certainly wasn't going to spend any of his own money.

Maybe he would have punted all our players to balance the books and in hindsight that's what should have happenned albeit there would have been a massive uproar.

Can't see how they could have been worse.

Whyte left us skint, and from what we read in the news his wallet isn't exactly bulging ATM but would it have been different had we got the cash from the champions league ?

I reckon so, and knowing what I know now I think the Malmo defeat was a good thing,

As the club was already being totally neglected on the administration side and players were voting with their feet (rightly or wrongly), then I think we would only have tottered along so far and then had an even bigger fall. In hindsight I don't think we could have kept going on at all that season with what Whyte was doing. To fail in a mid-season as well could have caused us many more problems. And Whyte would have fucked off, leaving us to the wolves and in a much bigger hole by that time. Any revenue that came in would have gone with Whyte.

Whyte left us skint, and from what we read in the news his wallet isn't exactly bulging ATM but would it have been different had we got the cash from the champions league ?

I reckon so, and knowing what I know now I think the Malmo defeat was a good thing,

I think it would have just delayed it.

Could it have been worse ? I just feel the authorities threw everything they could at us when they had the opportunity.

I think it would have just delayed it.

Could it have been worse ? I just feel the authorities threw everything they could at us when they had the opportunity.

I think any subsequent actions by Whyte would have given the authorities and the media more opportunity to cause us even more grief, in hindsight the fact matters came to a head very quickly may have saved us huge problems from a future financial or investment viewpoint. We already know there were court cases for unpaid bills, paye etc was not being paid and the club was effectively being run down, and any further hassle would have had a huge effect on any chance of future investment. Our credibility (sic) was being dragged down and Whyte would have caused further mayhem.

I think any subsequent actions by Whyte would have given the authorities and the media more opportunity to cause us even more grief, in hindsight the fact matters came to a head very quickly may have saved us huge problems from a future financial or investment viewpoint. We already know there were court cases for unpaid bills, paye etc was not being paid and the club was effectively being run down, and any further hassle would have had a huge effect on any chance of future investment. Our credibility (sic) was being dragged down and Whyte would have caused further mayhem.

Yeah. Fair shout T. I just think the authorities did the worst they could but your right re Whyte being there longer. The damage he did in the short spell he was there makes you shudder when you realise what he could have done had it been any longer.

Good point OP.