Did Mini take a bonus for us getting to the UEFA cup final ?

Redsox1

Did Mini take a bonus for us getting to the UEFA cup final ? I`m sure I can remember that the directors all took a big bonus for us getting to the final. Even though we must have been in debt by £30M+. Yet they are slaughtering directors for taking bonuses for winning the league. I think it`s wrong for the directors to have these bonuses and that has been addressed in that they will no longer get them. I just think its a bit of a neck from mini if he has also taken same type of bonus in the past.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Mini take a bonus for us getting to the UEFA cup final ? I`m sure I can remember that the directors all took a big bonus for us getting to the final. Even though we must have been in debt by £30M+. Yet they are slaughtering directors for taking bonuses for winning the league. I think it`s wrong for the directors to have these bonuses and that has been addressed in that they will no longer get them. I just think its a bit of a neck from mini if he has also taken same type of bonus in the past.

Mini was on the board that ran Rangers into the ground.

Can't get much more of a lack of corporate governance than that, so Mr Ticketus can fuck right off with his whining about the board. Whatever their issues, they are doing a better job than the last one he was part of.

if that board had the foresight to put in clauses about european finals i doff my hat to them

You doff your hat to a board who take out huge bonuses when we are £34M in the red ? We made nothing out of that run , when in fact it should have been our saviour. But that was down to a horrendous board that made bad deal after bad deal.

Bain got high bonuses when we got the final

Don't see why others wouldn't have been the same

In fact the balance sheets that came out at the time suggested that most of the Hutton money and UEFA cup final run money went on bonuses to players and staff - did it not?

My mate still talks about that to this day

Mini was on the board that ran Rangers into the ground.

Can't get much more of a lack of corporate governance than that, so Mr Ticketus can fuck right off with his whining about the board. Whatever their issues, they are doing a better job than the last one he was part of.

Wasn't the debt only about 18 million when the club was sold? And the club was only sold due to pressure on SDM from his other business interests?

Hardly "run into the ground" when things were heading in the right direction.

Wasn't the debt only about 18 million when the club was sold? And the club was only sold due to pressure on SDM from his other business interests?

we were £30M+ in debt when they were taking bonuses out.

Debt was 29/31 million bank debt/overdraft was 18 million (tu)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=259265&view=findpost&p=1061412057

What bonuses?

When Rangers made the Uefa Cup final [Martin Bain] got the same bonus as the players, £45,000 a man. (tu)

What was Mini's salary while he was at Rangers? If memory serves me he was Murray's 'sort the books' man whom ultimately seen us get more into debt and who was silent as the club was whoored for a quid to anyone.

He was a non-executive director who received no salary...and he was definitely not silent about the sale to Whyte!

And did PM get a bonus?

Admin - if the answer to this can be confirmed as no, this thread should be locked.

Can we lock all the threads where you state things, as if they were fact only to admit no knowledge when questioned?

Fwiw I doubt mr Murray got a penny, in remuneration. What I would like to know is what returns he got on his investment. When players were sold, who came through milngavie, the investors were to get a return.

He was a non-executive director who received no salary...and he was definitely not silent about the sale to Whyte!

You are right. Paul and Dave King were looking at offering £20M for the club as an alternative. Dont know what happened to that money when Charles Green came calling.