Supporting two clubs?

Paul Ignotus

Would it be if we had had a fairer share of the sponsorship money? Same with NI and Wales?

Same goes for the lower leagues in England. Only recently have they been deciding a better share.

No point in asking me about stuff like that. I think TV should be banned from football. It has been football's ruin.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people are just glory hunting when it comes to supporting another team. Its usually one of the top 4 in England or Barca or Real Madrid.

If someone has a genuine reason for liking another club then thats fine imo, like if its your local team or you had a family member that supported them or whatever. But ive got a mate who likes Madrid simply because Ronaldo plays for them.

Also I dont think you can support a team you chose with the same passion as you support Rangers, I am a life long fan who was brought up to be a bear, I was too young to remember my first Rangers game, its been a part of my life since before I remember. If I chose to support Man U or Chelsea or some other diddy team then it would never be the same as watching the Gers.

Most people are just glory hunting when it comes to supporting another team. Its usually one of the top 4 in England or Barca or Real Madrid.

If someone has a genuine reason for liking another club then thats fine imo, like if its your local team or you had a family member that supported them or whatever. But ive got a mate who likes Madrid simply because Ronaldo plays for them.

Also I dont think you can support a team you chose with the same passion as you support Rangers, I am a life long fan who was brought up to be a bear, I was too young to remember my first Rangers game, its been a part of my life since before I remember. If I chose to support Man U or Chelsea or some other diddy team then it would never be the same as watching the Gers.

Well put mate.

Also, the term 'support' is subjective.

I've known folk who claim to 'support' some of the sides that you've mentioned, yet have never set foot within the stadium or even purchased the respective club merchandise. How this constitutes 'supporting' a side is beyond me.

"Otherwise it's boring?!?" Are you fucking kidding?

So you are bored by the team you claim to love? And you like '"a few teams?"

Stop acting like a Tim in the mid-90s, you fuckpig.

Try reading what i wrote, engage your brain then answer.A continuous theme on here of so called bears name calling at every opportunity.If my post was too difficult for you to understand then thats hardly a reason to say I'm acting like a tim or calling me a fuckpig as you put it.Ive been attacked by tims on many occasions but never by a fellow bear before.1st time for everything I suppose.

Two teams eh? I'll quote the late great Davie Cooper when asked what his favourite other team was.

Quick as a flash Coop replied "Rangers reserves"!

That's good enough for me.

I believe it was also good enough for Bill Shankly when he said it about Liverpool 50 years ago :lol:

On a serious note he is responsible for what is in my opinion one of the best quotes ever and should be a Rangers motto :

If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Soft spot for Crewe although l really dont know why.

Just dont get that feeling in the pit of your stomach for anyone other than Rangers.

However any team on my coupon that wins has me goin nuts.

Good man! The mighty Alex are my childhood team, loads of good memories watching them.

This question has been asked before (it is quite a regular one), twice to my knowledge, on RM.

I have been a Rangers Fan since childhood (see my Profile).

Living in London, it was a choice between Tottenham or Arsenal, a no-brainer, Tottenham.

That was in the early to mid 1960s, but I then lost interest in football, for politics.

What re-engaged my interest in football was Aston Villa's struggle in Division 2, late 1960s.

Eventually I went to Villa Park (1970) and it was love at first sight. I moved to Birmingham the following year and I am still supporting Aston Villa. Another place I have been to and liked the people I have met there is Scarborough. I followed the results of Scarborough FC through the press and from 2006, through the internet. It was thanks to the latter that I was able to read about Scarborough Athletic, which is a Fans Owned Club started in 2007 in succession to Scarborough FC, which had been wound-up in the High Court with debts of £2.7M.

So to summarise, I am an Aston Villa supporter, a Rangers Fan (and Shareholder) and a Fan and Member of Scarborough Athletic :

AVFC RFC SAFC

P.S. I still have a 'soft spot' for Tottenham Hotspur and hope they do well, but never at the expense of Aston Villa - or Rangers !

Rangers and Bristol City, my mums family were absolute Rangers nuts and my gran would buy me Rangers shirts every season, and send them down for me. While all my mates would wear there Man U and Liverpool shirts I would proudly wear my Gers shirt.

I try to watch the Wellington Phoenix in the A league now but it really is hard work the football is crap generally.

This question has been asked before (it is quite a regular one), twice to my knowledge, on RM.

Understand your point, altthough as a relative newbie I hadn't seen the previous threads you mention. My question was more about how Rangers fans would feel about accepting someone who's a lifelong fan of another team in a different national league, (that's West Ham by the way) as being a fellow Bear, more than whether Rangers fans have an interest and support of other clubs.

I do have a Grasshoppers Zurich shirt though, for ex-girlfriend reasons...

I try to watch the Wellington Phoenix in the A league now but it really is hard work the football is crap generally.

I'll be heading up to see a phoenix game at some point this season

plus they have a game here in Christchurch next month

they can't be worse than last season surely??!!