Quintessential British club - in an independent Scotland?

Paul Ignotus

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that in an Independent Scotland , Freedom Of Speech would be restricted to those who don't agree or not on the side of Nat's as Nationalism is basically a smaller form of fascism and we could see a form of government to that Hitlers should the Nat's take full control of this country

Oh, nein you didn't...!

oh-nein-you-didnt.gif

Anyone who bases their political beliefs on what football team they support is a complete oxygen thief! I include the tims in that, as they are usually the worst culprits.

Despite that, i'll be voting a firm NO when the time comes.

I could NEVER vote for someone who supported the Scum. No matter which party they represended. I will be voting NO as well :)

Has anyone seen that youtube video doing the rounds on Facebook?? Glasgow Rangers fans on independence ?

I'm not posting it as its an utter embarrassment but why would an English filmmaker interview pissed up Ned's to ask questions about this?? There is an agenda at foot I think. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this on the news at some point

I'll be voting Yes. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for Scotland to stand on her own two feet and in my opinion should be grabbed by both hands.

The bribe of devo max powers is tempting however I just get the feeling the union itself has run its course and Scotland would be better off shaping her own destiny away from Londons gaze.

As for flying the union flag. I guess thats up to the individual. I see myself as Scottish before British but hey each to their own

Has anyone seen that youtube video doing the rounds on Facebook?? Glasgow Rangers fans on independence ?

I'm not posting it as its an utter embarrassment but why would an English filmmaker interview pissed up Ned's to ask questions about this?? There is an agenda at foot I think. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see this on the news at some point

Yeah its more than a tad cringeworthy, especially the Scottish guy with the England top *shakes head*

My worry is that we are hated people in scotland,because we fly union flags and are loyal to Britain and the royal family ,in an independant scotland we would be sitting ducks to be treated how a catholic run country decides ,this has already started happening ,i thought our cry was no surrender ? No surrender of our flags or our religion and we will not be allowed that in a fenian country an independant scotland is the next republic of ireland a fenian hole that goes bust !!! GSTQ

Agenda or not, they were an absolute embarrassment. I have not cringed so much in a long time.

My worry is that we are hated people in scotland,because we fly union flags and are loyal to Britain and the royal family ,in an independant scotland we would be sitting ducks to be treated how a catholic run country decides ,this has already started happening ,i thought our cry was no surrender ? No surrender of our flags or our religion and we will not be allowed that in a fenian country an independant scotland is the next republic of ireland a fenian hole that goes bust !!! GSTQ

Rangers are a football team. The independence vote is not about Rangers, it is about our country and whether it becomes an independent country. Two very different things.

How is it surrendering your religion ? And how would a Protestant country suddenly become a Fenian (Irish rebels) one ? Are you the guy on that video?