Quintessential British club - in an independent Scotland?

Paul Ignotus

If we only voted for politicians that have never made a gaff, or parties who had not done complete u-turns on policy we would have no one to vote for - ever!

Yes but its the gaff which just keeps on giving and giving. The continual assertion by the Yes campaign that Scotland's position in Europe is guaranteed is absolute nonsense - and has been rubbished by poltiicians outwith this country.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but its the gaff which just keeps on giving and giving. The continual assertion by the Yes campaign that Scotland's position in Europe is guaranteed is absolute nonsense - and has been rubbished by poltiicians outwith this country.

Not to mention wasting 20k of our money to try to hide their lies.

Most folk would be at least a wee bit embarrassed and regretful after that.

And when they have fessed up, admitted their mistakes and apologised. Then and only then should they ask us for our votes once again.

This crowd have no shame, no morals.

I hate this idea that appears when the independence vote is discussed that if you vote yes you can't be a real Rangers fan/you're less of a Rangers fan/you should fuck off/can't understand why any Rangers fan would want to etc, etc. My political views are not the primary reason I support Rangers. Actually, It probably isn't any part of why I support Rangers, despite the fact that I will be voting no and am pro union. I would imagine people that vote yes will have a similar detachment of politics and Rangers, and why shouldn't they? They're just as much a Rangers fan as any no voter.

Would you?

I think they (and Orkney and the Western Isles) should have an opt-out option, so that they can remain part of the UK if Scotland becomes independent. Additionally, they should have the option to become independent in their own right from an independent Scotland. Taking their geographical share of the oil reserves with them, of course.

The Yes movement, being big fans of self-determination, are sure to support this.

I think they (and Orkney and the Western Isles) should have an opt-out option, so that they can remain part of the UK if Scotland becomes independent. Additionally, they should have the option to become independent in their own right from an independent Scotland. Taking their geographical share of the oil reserves with them, of course.

The Yes movement, being big fans of self-determination, are sure to support this.

Where does this stop.If say Aberdeen and Dumfries decide to opt out is this ok.Or would you send the troops in,thats if we have any.

Where does this stop.If say Aberdeen and Dumfries decide to opt out is this ok.Or would you send the troops in,thats if we have any.

You tell me. We're discussing separatism and self-determination, so why not? Obviously Shetland, etc are distinct island groups with well defined borders.

So where do the Nortern Isles process their oil once they get it to shore? From whence do they get their supplies? Will they be paying Grangemouth & Aberdeen to service their oil industry. Scotland would still be able to make money from them. If they were to be an exclave of the England/Wales nation, almost all their everyday requirements would have to pass through Scotland/Scottish waters giving rise to import/export duties. And please stop refering to England as the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom refers to the union of the crowns of Scotland and England and would continue as such following independence, should the Scottish people vote that way. The United Kingdom is not at risk, despite the lies perpetrated by David Cameron who clearly needs a history lesson.

You tell me. We're discussing separatism and self-determination, so why not? Obviously Shetland, etc are distinct island groups with well defined borders.

Sorry.You tell me i am highlighting problems.Look at the Basque region in Spain also Devon.These areas are not Islands.I cant see what this country can gain from independanceWe have all been subject to good living standards with good education.

So where do the Nortern Isles process their oil once they get it to shore? From whence do they get their supplies? Will they be paying Grangemouth & Aberdeen to service their oil industry. Scotland would still be able to make money from them. If they were to be an exclave of the England/Wales nation, almost all their everyday requirements would have to pass through Scotland/Scottish waters giving rise to import/export duties. And please stop refering to England as the United Kingdom. The United Kingdom refers to the union of the crowns of Scotland and England and would continue as such following independence, should the Scottish people vote that way. The United Kingdom is not at risk, despite the lies perpetrated by David Cameron who clearly needs a history lesson.

The England/Wales nation? :lol: What about Northern Ireland? What is it the yes campaign are seeking independence from, if not the UK? I've never referred to England as the UK.

Shetland would either build facilities to process their oil, or they would sell it to another nation. At the moment, Brent crude, Clair crude and Schiehallion crude (although that isn't online at the moment) goes into Sullom Voe, from where it is sold direct to market. A similar situation exists in Orkney, where Flotta receives around 10% of Britain's crude.

Sorry.You tell me i am highlighting problems.Look at the Basque region in Spain also Devon.These areas are not Islands.I cant see what this country can gain from independanceWe have all been subject to good living standards with good education.

I think you've picked me up wrong, I don't want independence either. My question to BP9 was in relation to his support of devolution of power to local areas, particularly local independence.

WTF are you raving about :lol:

BP. In simple language the UK is not a political union. It existed between 1603 and 1707 with two sovereign parliaments. Wales was conquered by England prior to that hence my reference to England/Wales. NI does not figure in this part of the discussion as there was not an Irish crown to be united with. I have nothing against the Six Counties, in fact I have a great admiration for them bearing in mind what they have put up with and, in Belfast, still having to put up with. I just prefer accuracy when referring to the UK.

I hate this idea that appears when the independence vote is discussed that if you vote yes you can't be a real Rangers fan/you're less of a Rangers fan/you should fuck off/can't understand why any Rangers fan would want to etc, etc. My political views are not the primary reason I support Rangers. Actually, It probably isn't any part of why I support Rangers, despite the fact that I will be voting no and am pro union. I would imagine people that vote yes will have a similar detachment of politics and Rangers, and why shouldn't they? They're just as much a Rangers fan as any no voter.

The issue of ending Britain is more than just 'political views'.

Well just as well you are against independance.Soon we will be required to speak Gaelic as our first language

I was just trying to figure out what you had said.

No need to go on about it.

PS independence is not on offer. If it were, possibly I could be persuaded to support it.

evon has had issues

I was just trying to figure out what you had said.

No need to go on about it.

PS independence is not on offer. If it were, possibly I could be persuaded to support it.

I was trying to point out where will it end.Some thoughts are Shetland could be come independant.I pointed out that its possible that places such as Aberdeen might want to go it alone(oil Rich) Devon has had issues for years.A lot of them dont call themselves English.The Basque region in Spain another area which is not an island but wants independance.

evon has had issuesI was trying to point out where will it end.Some thoughts are Shetland could be come independant.I pointed out that its possible that places such as Aberdeen might want to go it alone(oil Rich) Devon has had issues for years.A lot of them dont call themselves English.The Basque region in Spain another area which is not an island but wants independance.

Thanks for that, although it was a bit of a ramble. I can't see a theme but hey ho.

Is somebody under the impression that 'The Basque region in Spain' is an island?

I'm not sure that the Spanish bit really does want independence, and the French even less.

The issue of ending Britain is more than just 'political views'.

Call it what you will, the union, or my being pro union or any other thing like that isn't any part of why I support Rangers.

I love Rangers but will be voting Yes. Its a very uncomfortable line of discussion for me but I thought I would contribute for the other Rangers fans who will be voting Yes. As for a Rangers post independence? hmm My worry is that Ibrox will become a place I can no longer attend. I hate it that other Rangers fans use the club as their political stance. Afterall , People didn't start supporting Rangers after deciding which way their political loyalty lies, people start as a small child with no clude in which way their politics will go.

What am I supposed to do? I love Rangers.

One of my best mates, also a Ranger's man, is for Yes. We respect each other and it is fine to take your stance as you see it. Just respect my view in return. I have been a British subject all my life and don't see why we should take that away. But I also have a vote and, if other workers vote with me, a control of my future. I do not see why I need to pay out for two parliaments and more parasites. I do not see why I should have my Labour voice diluted by Nationalism and wooly thought out false promises... but with all due respect your welcome to do as you please. Thus proving that you have freedoms fought for by British men and women for over 300 years.