***Official 2014 World Cup draw thread***

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was second?

Urugauy then Italy then Costa Rica I'm sure it said on SSN?

Playing Italy first, Uruguay then Costa Rica

Playing in manaus in first game which is 99% humidity, but Italy won't be used yo it either so it should be a pretty level playing field

Next 2 games are in a more sensible climate

Playing Italy first, Uruguay then Costa Rica

Playing in manaus in first game which is 99% humidity, but Italy won't be used yo it either so it should be a pretty level playing field

Next 2 games are in a more sensible climate

England will be based in Rio which is 1700 miles away from Manaus. Nightmare location for England.

Lets be honest, Italy are pretty pish

They usually do well at the world cup though, they are always tactically sound especially strong defensively and will have a flare player or two. I'm not sure what England were expecting if they're going to do well they're going to have to win tough games, they can get out this group most definitely

They usually do well at the world cup though, they are always tactically sound especially strong defensively and will have a flare player or two. I'm not sure what England were expecting if they're going to do well they're going to have to win tough games, they can get out this group most definitely

Think England will edge Italy.

It's hardly ideal.

Most teams will have to travel about. The next 2 games are reasonably close to england base.

They will have beds, PlayStation's, TV's etc on the plane. Not as if they will all be squashed up in an economy class flight. Trying to use that as an excuse is poor IMO. A Coach from Newcastle to Portsmouth probably takes longer

Most teams will have to travel about. The next 2 games are reasonably close to england base.

They will have beds, PlayStation's, TV's etc on the plane. Not as if they will all be squashed up in an economy class flight. Trying to use that as an excuse is poor IMO. A Coach from Newcastle to Portsmouth probably takes longer

I'm not saying it's an excuse, I'm saying any team who has to travel 3000 miles to a game isn't in an ideal position.