Neil Alexander launches Ibrox legal fight

LeeWallaceRFC

Ludicrous that anyone blames Neil for this, absolutely ludicrous.

What was ludicrous was paying him approx £13k per week to play in the 4th tier of Scottish football. No wonder he stayed and TUPEd over. An average keeper who only made the first team when McGregor was injured and then left. We should never have been paying those wages to a reserve. Now approx 17 months later he says his contract wasn't fully honoured and he should have been paid MORE!!!!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pretty saddened that alexander feels the need to go this route, we took him as a back up keeper and paid him well, he got his shot from time to time and again was paid well for it

when the club was demoted to the bottom tier of scottish football we kept him on and again paid him well

alexander has made easily about 1.5million from his time at the club, that is a conservative estimate and not even including bonuses paid to him, if he feels the need to take the club to court over a 6 figure sum then truly football is a greedy mans game and alexander should hang his head in shame

when the company went into administration, alexander took a pay cut and yet still got paid about 2k a week before tax, at the same time fans of the club, who are lucky to earn 2k a MONTH, were putting their hands into their pockets and topping up the RFFF

hang your head in shame neil, instead of looking back on your rangers memories in your big fancy house without a financial care in the world (well you shouldnt have, if you have it is your own fault) you have decided to poison those memories by chasing the club for what could be as little as 100k

Yet he'll probably be earning the same at a premiership club, funny that eh?

Prob does get a good wage at Palace but I doubt he will get mega bucks like he thinks he is worth, he can't even make it onto the bench at palace

he is just there in case the first team goalie gets injured and they need a goalie for the bench.

My suspicions are either there is no adequate HR function or no advice is accepted. This is pretty basic stuff tbf. I would love to take a look in these contracts I must say (I work in HR...not out of boredom)

You work in HR, is this Grievance not time barred now?

As I have stated, by playing on, he's accepted the terms and conditions of his employment, should have raised a grievance at the time, and as such, I think he's farting against thunder with this claim, so long after the initial increased payment (allegedly) wasn't paid.

You work in HR, is this Grievance not time barred now?

As I have stated, by playing on, he's accepted the terms and conditions of his employment, should have raised a grievance at the time, and as such, I think he's farting against thunder with this claim, so long after the initial increased payment (allegedly) wasn't paid.

I used to work in HR also.

Timing of the issue does not really matter if the contract is sound.

Only real restriction would be if the claim was put in after about 7 years due to record retention.

What was ludicrous was paying him approx £13k per week to play in the 4th tier of Scottish football. No wonder he stayed and TUPEd over. An average keeper who only made the first team when McGregor was injured and then left. We should never have been paying those wages to a reserve. Now approx 17 months later he says his contract wasn't fully honoured and he should have been paid MORE!!!!

He wasn't paid that to play in the 4th tier, he was paid handsomely to play in SPL/European football, the rules of TUPE meant he was kept on the same wage.

It wasn't his fault he was offered the money he was offered but he stayed when he didn't have too, as has been proven he's good enough to get a gig in the EPL...if he did that in June/July 2012 the same folk having a go at him now for staying would be calling him a traitor for leaving then

While I agree the wages were ridiculous, that's an issue for the board of the time. The fact is if we came to an agreement and didn't honour it then we are liable. Not Neil Alexander. Us. All we can hope is that the days of profligacy are behind us. Invest in the future from now on.