Will Ally be our manager when we get into the SPL?

nvager

Outstanding achievement? :lol: with current & ex internationals, SPL and Championship level players, 35 thousand season ticket holders, Murray Park to train them, 1.5 million per year management team, sports scientists, dietrists and doctors and the second highest wagebill in Scotland for 2/3 of these seasons (possibly even 3/3 depends on Wallace's plans next year) against Peterhead, Montrose, East Stirling, Berwick, Stenhousemuir with their part time, 40 hour per week working players?

You having a laugh? seriously?

But apart from all that, what has it done for us?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually have to disagree with that; A manager taking a team from the very bottom of Scottish football, back to the Scottish Premiership, winning league titles and a few trophies on the way, is actually an outstanding achievement, which makes me think yes he'll still be the manager of Rangers when we reach the top flight, even though I don't think he should be.

How is it outstanding given we are the second highest spenders in Scotland?

You do know we are playing against the worst teams in the land don't you?

Nutshell.

His name is Derek McInnes by the way.

McCoist had a golden opportunity to build a footballing culture from the roots up, kids brought through playing the ball on the deck, a system which is great to watch with players slotting in and out but the style of play continues regardless.

He blew it.

Long ball, no Plan B when Plan A doesn't work and a constant demand for a huge squad while not getting the best out of existing players.

Great Ranger but his salary is outrageous and there are coaches out there (McInnes, Pressley, Adams, Butcher etc) who would jump at leading us back to glory for a quarter of McCoist's 800k

The bottom line, well said.

I'll put it this way. If, with a reduced budget (we are in the sustainable finances world of not spending more than we earn), having not got the players he might have hoped to get because of book-balancing, and having lost players he might like to have kept in Jan and next Summer (because of book balancing), he can still manage the team to promotion from the Championship at first pass then I reckon he will be given a go at the top league. But if the inability to buy and necessity to sell combine to bring the capability of the squad much closer to opponents in the Championship and results at this time next year indicate there is a possibility that we would not be promoted at first pass then I think that even with the cuts and budget constraints but noting the huge training resources he has at his disposal to bring on home-grown players to do the job then this time next year might not even see him as a manager of the Club in the Championship never mind manager in the top flight. He is about to experience real financial pressure and significantly increased football pressure to deliver when the stakes are much much higher. The better time to assess whether or not he will be Manager of Rangers in the top flight is a year from now. Right now I would not be taking bets on this because I think the preliminaries of getting to the next league (assuming no catastrophes between now and the end of the season) are ending and the real battle to get back to the top is about to begin - and at a time where spending to find solutions may simply not be an option for him. That will test much more thoroughly whether he really does have the football managerial nous to deliver promotion to the top flight at first pass.