Will Ally be our manager when we get into the SPL?

nvager

I believe his chances are 60-40 in his favour.

Pros:

Great record in league this season; into Ramsden Cup final; into 5th round Scottish cup.

Big fan favourite due to his play for Rangers.

Has helped keep Rangers going in bad times.

Nice manner and popular with fans.

Cons:

Plays players out of position

Signed some dross that needs to be cut; always wants more players while wages way over budget

Unattractive football too often against poor part time teams.

Past record in SPL and Europe pretty poor.

Way overpaid as is his coaches

Votes 'against?" Board at AGM

People may disagree regards the above, but I have tried to lay it out as neutrally as I can.

What do you all think?

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pros:

Great record in league this season; into Ramsden Cup final; into 5th round Scottish cup.

Cons:

Signed some dross that needs to be cut; always wants more players while wages way over budget

People may disagree regards the above, but I have tried to lay it out as neutrally as I can.

What do you all think?

I'd love to think yes, but I think there would need to be some real changes if he was going to stay.

I doubt he'd remain a fan favourite for long if he was losing us games for playing players out of position, and as you said, we've had some sketchy games against teams we should have beaten easily (8-0 games all season were never going to happen, but I never want a repeat of the Brechin game)

I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't. He does, as you say, play players out of position, and seems to want to spend and spend, so if there was another decent candidate possible, I wouldn't rule out having a new gaffer in 2015

Yeah I think he will be

It's a stick on

I don't rate him but I know he will guide us back to top flight which isn't an achievement in itself but still needs done

What I would do is back him with some cash for signings first season back in SPL and give him the chance to win it but if like I suspect he falls short then I'd bin him

Pros:

Cons:

What do you all think?

Clutching at straws with those cons.

Really clutching at straws.

That's a good thing. I'd put a wee smiley but I'm on ma phone and can't be bothered going through the full site with one finger.

Yes and his record will be looked upon a quite an achievement. FOUR successive titles in FOUR different leagues.

All this will be a major slap to the bastards who tried to kill our club including certain media scum, a number of SPL clubs, their fans and of course two cnuts Rhegan and Dhoncaster AND of course not forgetting our own 'enemies within'.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

Without a doubt, if you look at it objectively who is going to ask him to leave, the boardroom protests we had are a pale comparison to the protests we would have if Ally was sacked. I personally would not like to see boycotts but I think it would happen.

These kind of topics are better left for another day, a day when we are not going into a game that will give us 21 wins on the trot, anyone who wants to dismiss that needs a topic to themselves

I think Ally will be here when we get back. If he wins successive promotions then he deserves a crack at it. He has his faults as do all managers but the players look up to him and give their all for him. Team spirit is very strong under Ally and that can take you a long way in football.

I hate it when he brings everyone back to defend at corner kicks, especially when some of them are, either, shit in the air, or not doing anything constructive. If you have confidence in your defenders, then you should leave the wee fast guys that are playing, up at the half way line. Doing that means that the opposition won't have that many players in the box, which will make it easier for the keeper to collect the ball, or punch it clear, & give us a chance of a few breakaway goals. I also don't understand why, if the attacking team, at a corner, puts a man on the keeper, a defender feels the need to mark the guy, it means that there are 2 players the keeper has to get past to collect/punch the ball.

As for playing players out of position, it's not always easy to play each individual player in their favoured, or best position, ( which are sometimes not the same position) as there may be 2 or 3 players who play their best in that position. So a manager has to play the best player in that position, then maybe the 2nd best player in another, slightly different position. If a manager played players in only their best position, there may be 1 or 2 really good players left on the bench, and he would be slated for that.

I am starting to have my doubts. I think he scored an own goal by giving his proxy to the fans. I think the board will now not give him the support they feel he gave them

Do you know how the EK supporters voted, I think Ally slipped the defenders, sent them all the wrong way then scored with a gentle tap in. As a fan I'm happy that he is trying to distance himself from these boardroom shenanigans, cause that was definitely a case of damned if you do damned if you don't, the press did not like it one bit.

Do you know how the EK supporters voted, I think Ally slipped the defenders, sent them all the wrong way then scored with a gentle tap in. As a fan I'm happy that he is trying to distance himself from these boardroom shenanigans, cause that was definitely a case of damned if you do damned if you don't, the press did not like it one bit.

They voted for the rebels and McCoist knew it but was too shite bag to make his own decision and have the fans turn on him

They voted for the rebels and McCoist knew it but was too shite bag to make his own decision and have the fans turn on him

It was a wasted vote then, but it kept the Rangers manager out of a boardroom battle that he could not win. So I'm happy.

It was a wasted vote then, but it kept the Rangers manager out of a boardroom battle that he could not win. So I'm happy.

You reckon mate? If anything it's fired him right into it than kept him out of it

I do agree there's an element of damned if he does or doesn't so in that case he should have had the baws to make a decision

Pros:

Cons:

What do you all think?

You could add that he has improved as a manager, has great leadership skills, has brought on numerous youth players, that he cobbled together a squad last year and still won

He will be gone by the time we get back to the Top league. He will always have my affection I've seen every one of his 28 live and for that I'm thankful.

As a Manager though .For me he will never be whats needed to get back to where we really belong .At the top playing free flowing attacking football .

You reckon mate? If anything it's fired him right into it than kept him out of it

I do agree there's an element of damned if he does or doesn't so in that case he should have had the baws to make a decision

He did make a decision, he gave his proxy to EK, whether you agree with that or not it fulfilled two things his detractors within the Rangers support have been foaming at the mouth at, he kept out of the Boardroom battle and he let the fans decide, I don't think the fans put much thought into it, but that's just me.