Will Ally be our manager when we get into the SPL?

nvager

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to support the manager most of the time and have a good moan at however it is that is in charge when we don't win. That's what managers are for.

I'd say Ally has improved as a manager and has grown into the job a bit, we'll just have to see if he can beat some larger teams in the cups ahead.

If he has trouble doing so, you'd expect him to go, but if he goes, who of decent quality and wages can we get to replace him with???

Before the Board get rid of Ally, assuming this is actually the case, they will need to have a pretty good idea of who will replace him. There is no guarantee that even a successful manager elsewhere will be an improvement.

And as fans, we need to be aware of the same issue. By calling for his head, recommending his departure or just predicting it, are we jumping on a bandwagon which might leave us one day with a poorer manager?

I have mixed feelings but until Ally really messes up, it is a big gamble to talk about changing the manager. Especially as, on the park, matters have vastly improved, at least with results, it may be time to get behind Ally more.

I really hope so as I feel he deserves it after what he has done for us, viz., cobbling together a winning team under the illegal restrictions. I did have some doubts about his ability but he does seem to be improving. I would think that, if he was not successful, he would walk. Our problem then would be to attract a worthwhile replacement.

I tend to support the manager most of the time and have a good moan at however it is that is in charge when we don't win. That's what managers are for.

I'd say Ally has improved as a manager and has grown into the job a bit, we'll just have to see if he can beat some larger teams in the cups ahead.

If he has trouble doing so, you'd expect him to go, but if he goes, who of decent quality and wages can we get to replace him with???

A really big point on that is who would the fans have had patience with, if Ally wasn't our manager we might have had two or three different managers by now and I would suggest that would do a lot more damage than keeping Ally in his office.

Everyone assumes the board would be getting rid if him if he went but that might well not be the case.

Ally is already making noises about buying more players in january when he knows the board must cut costs.

I reckon that will be an ongoing issue.

I was very disappointed in the cowardly way he gave away his proxy.

If he wanted to vote against the board he should have done so.

It is patronising to the fans to kid on he doesn't know what he is doing.

Esp after months of telling us he hadnt made up his mind.

it all sounds like a last minute cop out.

I cant see any gain in the board not giving him funds as payback and I hope it is not seen as such.

That said, I can see articles in January making that out.

Probably from the same folk greeting about how much the board spend.

On the management side of Ally has won the support of a lot of fans like me who were not impressed by the start he made.

However I am well aware of the vast gulf in squad costs between us and the opposition.

Im all for giving him time to see how he does against better opposition.

I have full faith graham Wallace could find us a great manager for half the wages Ally is on

Nutshell.

His name is Derek McInnes by the way.

McCoist had a golden opportunity to build a footballing culture from the roots up, kids brought through playing the ball on the deck, a system which is great to watch with players slotting in and out but the style of play continues regardless.

He blew it.

Long ball, no Plan B when Plan A doesn't work and a constant demand for a huge squad while not getting the best out of existing players.

Great Ranger but his salary is outrageous and there are coaches out there (McInnes, Pressley, Adams, Butcher etc) who would jump at leading us back to glory for a quarter of McCoist's 800k

Yes. But he wont be able to deliver the title over pacific shelf fc. He will refuse to walk away and will be sacked in his second top league season. My honest prediction.

I'm not so certain. Fans will demand success pretty quickly, irrespective of how unlikely it is, and the board will have to face that pressure while simultaneously keeping us on a stable financial footing. Realistically, there's going to be a period of discontent while our ambitions exceed our means. It's all very well putting another manager in place, but he's going to find it just as difficult to compete with a Celtic team with Champions League pretensions (and Champions League income). Another manager will be judged solely on their performance, with failure quickly leading to pressure on the board, whereas McCoist can (and does) benefit from a certain degree of unshakeable goodwill.

Ally absorbs flak. Like it or not, there's going to be plenty of it directed at someone before fans readjust their expectations. The board will recognise that.

Well if he wins promotion to the top league then what has he done wrong to be sacked for? Yes he is not the best manager but the board can't just sack him for winning. We are not Real Madrid to Pelligrini.

Pellegrini was unlucky but he never won anything at Real Madrid

Ally should and will get the chance to see what he can do against decent opposition. He'll have a bit of experience by then so can be fairly judged. If he doesn't cut the mustard then he'll be gone. I really hope he makes it but am not entirely convinced he will.

As for his voting decision, I think he did the right thing in a moral sense. It was also the right thing to do in a Machiavellian sense as it has seen him get less criticism than IMO he would have received than if he had voted directly one way or the other.

I think so.

Any poor results against lower league opposition can be brushed off as freak or unexpected results by the majority of fans but if we get back to the familiarity of the SPL and put in the standard of performances that we have at times over the past 18 months or so then opinion is more likely to turn.

I think he'll get a season to consolidate and in the second season in the SPL he's more likely to be I judged by a larger cross section of our fans.

You could add that he has improved as a manager, has great leadership skills, has brought on numerous youth players, that he cobbled together a squad last year and still won

All very subjective tbh and last line about winning - I'd expect no less

He did make a decision, he gave his proxy to EK, whether you agree with that or not it fulfilled two things his detractors within the Rangers support have been foaming at the mouth at, he kept out of the Boardroom battle and he let the fans decide, I don't think the fans put much thought into it, but that's just me.

That's not making a decision

I'm not so certain. Fans will demand success pretty quickly, irrespective of how unlikely it is, and the board will have to face that pressure while simultaneously keeping us on a stable financial footing. Realistically, there's going to be a period of discontent while our ambitions exceed our means. It's all very well putting another manager in place, but he's going to find it just as difficult to compete with a Celtic team with Champions League pretensions (and Champions League income). Another manager will be judged solely on their performance, with failure quickly leading to pressure on the board, whereas McCoist can (and does) benefit from a certain degree of unshakeable goodwill.

Ally absorbs flak. Like it or not, there's going to be plenty of it directed at someone before fans readjust their expectations. The board will recognise that.

Its all about opinions mate.But I' m right and you're wrong.