if ally wasn't the rangers manager...

bettyblue

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Legal - I can't seem to quote you

I wasn't making direct quotes from you or anyone else. I was talking generally and it's true.

People haven't needed to wait 5 months for a debate like this. There's one almost every game after witnessing shite tactics and football.

Legal - I can't seem to quote you

I wasn't making direct quotes from you or anyone else. I was talking generally and it's true.

People haven't needed to wait 5 months for a debate like this. There's one almost every game after witnessing shite tactics and football.

And in reverse, after good games, results and football there is at most grudging appreciation. As a fanbase we seem to live in absolutes.

we can all throw our toys out the pram. but at the end of the day we should be backing the manager of the club not sitting on here like cardboard cowboys out to kill him off. he might not be the best manager we have ever had and probably wont be. but he will be here for the foreseeable future. and imo that will probably be till we have had two seasons back in the prem. if at that point he has failed to produce then by all means he should be on his way. the main sticking point would be who would want us at this time we have a proud history to offer but little else would be on the table for any manager that came in.so lets stop all the snipes at him and get behind him after all its all have and all we are likely to have for a couple of more seasons

we can all throw our toys out the pram. but at the end of the day we should be backing the manager of the club not sitting on here like cardboard cowboys out to kill him off. he might not be the best manager we have ever had and probably wont be. but he will be here for the foreseeable future. and imo that will probably be till we have had two seasons back in the prem. if at that point he has failed to produce then by all means he should be on his way. the main sticking point would be who would want us at this time we have a proud history to offer but little else would be on the table for any manager that came in.so lets stop all the snipes at him and get behind him after all its all have and all we are likely to have for a couple of more seasons

How are people sat like cardboard cowboys trying to kill him off? it's all reasoned debate. None of us on here have any power to sanction one single decision at Ibrox and no sway with fan power. Which is a good thing in some instances.

Ally is a legend. But the longer he has been manager the less it looks like he is what rangers as a club need right now.

He is on way to much money. Even if his wages were halved. He still looks at signings for the next game. Not for three years from now.

Examples of bad managerial decisions.....

Two young right backs on low wages put out on loan instead of being given a chance. Foster signed when he wasn't good enough first time round. Faure a centre half bring made to play in a position he's not comfortable with.

Centre half? Okay mohsni and mcculloch doing well. Faure should be the sub as cover. Cribari should be released.

Left back. Wallace. Amazing. Cover for Wallace? Smith not good enough first time round due to injuries. Still not good enough. Young Dundee united left back played against us last season but not one of our coaching team noticed potential.

Midfield. Let's think. Templeton McKay aird all potential width. All warming the bench at best. Black? Law? Paid a lot more than mcloud but to me no better. Play Lewis he has more chance of improving. Peralta? Never a winger. Came as a holding player come right back. Never been played there.

Up front. Daly. Has proved me wrong goal wise. But playing him dictates a big punt up the park. Why no play two wingers and cross the ball to the big man.

Clark. At yesterday's game he was only one providing movement so we took him off. He wasn't playing that well but we weren't playing to his strength.

Little. Scores goals ally doesn't see him as a striker. Hence he moves him wide every chance he gets.

Kenny miller? Ffs why? This league is won? Why sign a guy who will be retired by the time we need him.

We need a man in charge who gives youth a chance. Who has a bench full of youth to throw on and get used to the demands of playing for rangers. Not punts them all out on loan every chance they get.

Rangers need to cut costs. I'd start by having a first eleven of

Bell

Mcausland

Mcculloch

Mohsni

Wallace

Aird

Peralta

Mcloud

Templeton

Daly

Clark

Release the other goaly foster smith cribari black and utilise Gallagher Mitchell gasperato Crawford and McKay. Even Andy little could potentially be moved on.

Ally is a legend. But the longer he has been manager the less it looks like he is what rangers as a club need right now.

He is on way to much money. Even if his wages were halved. He still looks at signings for the next game. Not for three years from now.

Examples of bad managerial decisions.....

Two young right backs on low wages put out on loan instead of being given a chance. Foster signed when he wasn't good enough first time round. Faure a centre half bring made to play in a position he's not comfortable with.

Centre half? Okay mohsni and mcculloch doing well. Faure should be the sub as cover. Cribari should be released.

Left back. Wallace. Amazing. Cover for Wallace? Smith not good enough first time round due to injuries. Still not good enough. Young Dundee united left back played against us last season but not one of our coaching team noticed potential.

Midfield. Let's think. Templeton McKay aird all potential width. All warming the bench at best. Black? Law? Paid a lot more than mcloud but to me no better. Play Lewis he has more chance of improving. Peralta? Never a winger. Came as a holding player come right back. Never been played there.

Up front. Daly. Has proved me wrong goal wise. But playing him dictates a big punt up the park. Why no play two wingers and cross the ball to the big man.

Clark. At yesterday's game he was only one providing movement so we took him off. He wasn't playing that well but we weren't playing to his strength.

Little. Scores goals ally doesn't see him as a striker. Hence he moves him wide every chance he gets.

Kenny miller? Ffs why? This league is won? Why sign a guy who will be retired by the time we need him.

We need a man in charge who gives youth a chance. Who has a bench full of youth to throw on and get used to the demands of playing for rangers. Not punts them all out on loan every chance they get.

Rangers need to cut costs. I'd start by having a first eleven of

Bell

Mcausland

Mcculloch

Mohsni

Wallace

Aird

Peralta

Mcloud

Templeton

Daly

Clark

Release the other goaly foster smith cribari black and utilise Gallagher Mitchell gasperato Crawford and McKay. Even Andy little could potentially be moved on.

you do realise it cost a lot of money to release a player?also McLeod has played most games and also you don't play wingers in a narrow midfield.lets not beat about the bush though the coaching staff wages should be halved immediately and if it doesn't suit them then we can look at new managers .

you do realise it cost a lot of money to release a player?also McLeod has played most games and also you don't play wingers in a narrow midfield.lets not beat about the bush though the coaching staff wages should be halved immediately and if it doesn't suit them then we can look at new managers .

It does indeed mate. That's what makes any horrendous signings by McCoist more gauling - the fact that we could have told you as fans without the benefit of hindsight not to touch them ... then they don't play and we have to spend time finding someone to take them or then pay them off. It's ridiculous.

I can't see "being top of the league" and " on a unbeaten run" can be taken into consideration.

The money we are paying our team this should be a given, and then the money we are spending on top of that for our coaching staff we should not have dropped a point yet and winning every league game by a good bit.

We should also have reached a couple of cup finals as well.

Our whole footballing side is a disgrace apart from a handful of players.

1st jan cant quote its the attitude every so often no matter what our results have been they are still calling for the head of ally. folk just need to accept that he is here now and will be for a while to come. and as you say realise that all the snipping on forums wont change it. I also don't deny that they have the right to voice that opinion I just get sick of seeing it on a rangers forum

So you agree he's not a very good manager. Explain why those cardboard cowboy killers amongst us who dont rate Ally now, and dont think he is the long term solution, should be convinced that its worth waiting another 4 years in your estimation to make a change. Other than saying just because he's going to be there so thats that.

Depends how you read the title which was ' if Ally wasn't the manager ' .

sporting I cant use the quote so here is why. no other manager worth anything would come in here just now apart from history what can we offer him. so time to leave off and accept that he will be here for at least that time. true we can all put names forward but to you honestly think they would come.

sporting I cant use the quote so here is why. no other manager worth anything would come in here just now apart from history what can we offer him. so time to leave off and accept that he will be here for at least that time. true we can all put names forward but to you honestly think they would come.

Honestly yes i do.

International class players.

Full ibrox.

Murray park facilities.

High profile.

Little change out of 10k per week.

Someone coming in soon could have a huge input too into the eagerly awaited scouting network.I think if the job was advertised today we would have an excellent calibre of applicant.