if ally wasn't the rangers manager...

bettyblue

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are a few good ex Rangers players that are managing teams right throughout the country (UK) I'd like to give Butcher a go at it, he's done well at Inverness, & I think that he'd jump at the chance to come back to Ibrox once more...

to be fair I think this would be a good shout, but due to his comments ref administration and punnishment I think that one can be ruled out now by the fans generally. Not to mention he is with the Edinburgh wanna be peado boys.

I have a real difficulty with this for there are so many factors that influence the thought process:

1) the managers salary. Even with a 50% pay cut this appears excessive for where we are now and are to be for the next 2 years. However the manager as an employee did not set his salary and cannot be blamed for the decision to remunerate the post to this level.

2.) The cost of his coaching team.

3.) The apparent old boys recruiting process on the coaching front.

4.) the turmoil the Club has gone through.

5.) separating Ally the Legend from Mr McCoist the Manager.

6.) seperating Ally the Shareholder from Mr McCoist the Manager.

7.) Seperating Ally the Politician from Mr McCoist the Manager.

On the pitch yesterday we received a lesson from a highly motivated and disciplined Stranraer team- for whom playing at Ibrox was possibly going to be a career pinnacle for many in the team. Our guys looked indifferent- but have managed, under the Management of Mr McCoist, to deliver the results all season. So for this to be the catalyst for another Ally is not a Manager debate seems unfair. However I wish Ally McCoist would focus all his energy on his team and not allow himself to be distracted and used as a weapon by others- for he brings a lot of this on his own head.

I have said it before in other Ally related topics on this forum and i will say it again, my choice of Rangers Manager would be Nigel Adkins. He did a superb job at Southampton. I have been living in Southampton for a few years and some of the best football I have seen was when I went to see the Saints during Adkins reign. Southampton sacked him after he got a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge and he is now doing a really good job at Reading. He has an eye for a player, brought through some magnificent youngsters and has his teams playing football with pace. Not a Rangers man I know, but I am sick of the idea that to do a job, you have to be a Rangers man first

I have said it before in other Ally related topics on this forum and i will say it again, my choice of Rangers Manager would be Nigel Adkins. He did a superb job at Southampton. I have been living in Southampton for a few years and some of the best football I have seen was when I went to see the Saints during Adkins reign. Southampton sacked him after he got a 2-2 draw at Stamford Bridge and he is now doing a really good job at Reading. He has an eye for a player, brought through some magnificent youngsters and has his teams playing football with pace. Not a Rangers man I know, but I am sick of the idea that to do a job, you have to be a Rangers man first

Not a bad shout mate, but I doubt he'd leave Reading to come as things stand.

Our best bet for a decent new manager given the position we are in is probably a Rangers man although I agree that simply being a Rangers fan should be no criteria to simply get a job with us on, far less the most important one like manager.

He hasn't signed yet but our manager will look at the option of having him in the squad, unless I misunderstand him.

Get off the guys back. You cant give him grief for things that havn't happened yet.

I don't like miller, but hes not on the books so you cant use that one just now to batter ally.

Rodgers and martinez are doing well, but operate under different requirement; they dont have to win every game or win any trophies.

I don't know about the other two.

However, since Charlie was all for getting shot of them they may not have 12 month notice periods.

Trust me you would have a waiting list applying for the job.

We are a huge institution and a real springboard for a manager.

Even half of what McCoist is on would ensure quality applicants. That is how scandalous our current remuneration is.

and a 99% chance of winning your league in your first season

Ole gunnar Solskjaer. Understands pressure situations, likely not costly coming from norwegian football, and making impressive start to his managerial career.

In 2007, Solskjær announced his retirement from football, after failing to recover from a serious knee injury.[1] However, he remained at Manchester United in a coaching role, as well as in an ambassadorial capacity. In 2008, Solskjær became the club's reserve team manager. He returned to his native country in 2011 to manage his former club, Molde, whom he led to their two first everNorwegian league titles in his first two seasons with the club. He secured a third title in as many seasona, when his team won the2013 Norwegian Football Cup Final.He also supervises a training academy for young footballers in his home town ofKristiansund.

Or Steve Clarke.

Oh so in that case why not make Paul Gascoigne the Rangers manager since being a Rangers legend is the only criteria for being a manager with us

As he couldn't take us on the run the current manager was taking us on and ensure a top league return.

Silly comparison really as ally is a credible option.

by the way gazza, as great as he was, is no rangers legend.

You are using that term too loosly

Gascoigne was defo a Rangers legend

I agree the term get's used too loosely to describe guys like Stefan Klos and Marvin Andrews etc - with all due respect to them.