What's happening about King ?

Docspawn

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A relatively small number of shares are held by stockbrokers. If nobody is in the market to buy, the brokers (like any retail outfit) have to lower the price in order to shift stock.

Sometimes, a broker might be asked by a large investor to try to find a buyer. If there are no takers, then that will also have a depressing effect on the share price.

Essentially, the share price is an excellent indicator of the financial shape of a company. If the price is falling, the market has taken the view that there is little prospect of either a future increase in the share price or a decent dividend.

In short, we should not be kidding ourselves here. RIFC plc is not in a healthy state. External investment is desperately needed, but it is very difficult to see where it is going to come from. The usual 'City' sources are hardly going to rush to invest when the share price is falling so alarmingly. In my view, DK is our only hope but, unfortunately, the AGM result has made an intervention on his part far more problematic.

Unfortunately, after the last 6 months of pushing lies on here, YOUR VIEW counts for fuck all.

I think Dave Kings passion for the club is up there with the rest of us, I think he will be back, in what way shape or form as yet unknown, but to be mustard keen such a short time ago to being not interested now seems odd to say the least, and alien to the mans make up.

I think Dave Kings passion for the club is up there with the rest of us, I think he will be back, in what way shape or form as yet unknown, but to be mustard keen such a short time ago to being not interested now seems odd to say the least, and alien to the mans make up.

Just because he has not made any public statements recently does not mean that he is any less interested than he was three months ago. He is simply waiting for the right moment.

A relatively small number of shares are held by stockbrokers. If nobody is in the market to buy, the brokers (like any retail outfit) have to lower the price in order to shift stock.

Sometimes, a broker might be asked by a large investor to try to find a buyer. If there are no takers, then that will also have a depressing effect on the share price.

Essentially, the share price is an excellent indicator of the financial shape of a company. If the price is falling, the market has taken the view that there is little prospect of either a future increase in the share price or a decent dividend.

In short, we should not be kidding ourselves here. RIFC plc is not in a healthy state. External investment is desperately needed, but it is very difficult to see where it is going to come from. The usual 'City' sources are hardly going to rush to invest when the share price is falling so alarmingly. In my view, DK is our only hope but, unfortunately, the AGM result has made an intervention on his part far more problematic.

Not according to Dave King.

Or are you suggesting he was lying like the rest of the rebels ?

Paul Murray talked of city investment so it seems you are at odds with him too.

In fact you seem at odds with all sides.

The current investors are very wealthy and have indicated they would put more money in for a start.

The AGM is 3 weeks gone and you are still trying desperately to paint it as a bad thing.

Your hero lost and the club was saved.. Get over it.

I have been told (and it could be wrong) that King would only have to match the highest share price in the last 12 months upon purchasing 30% if he already owned shares. I don't think someone who has not previously owned shares needs to comply with that ruling.

Just having a wind up, he has made claims of other users being close to the board before, so thought give him a taste of his own. Just fed up of him making out he knows this and that when it's just guessing at best

Ano mate i was just joining in laughing at him and his many half baked claims. :7325:

why do people think King will be back? their is no viable return to anyone putting money into the club since Scottish Football is on it's arse and will get worse before it gets any better. Yes he loves Rangers but why would he want to put money in until the review has been undertaken, a proper business plan and has been created and he can see what level of return a shareholder can expect over the next 2/5/10 years? Any money that we receive from investment needs tempered with sensible spending and we as fans should expect lesser players being brought in on lower wages for a few years until we can get funds from Europe etc. free transfers will be the order of the day until we hit the SPL IMO.

Not according to Dave King.

Or are you suggesting he was lying like the rest of the rebels ?

Paul Murray talked of city investment so it seems you are at odds with him too.

In fact you seem at odds with all sides.

The current investors are very wealthy and have indicated they would put more money in for a start.

The AGM is 3 weeks gone and you are still trying desperately to paint it as a bad thing.

Your hero lost and the club was saved.. Get over it.

King did say Admin by December, it is now near the middle of January and we are still running normally. So yeah he did lie like the rest of the rebels

why do people think King will be back? their is no viable return to anyone putting money into the club since Scottish Football is on it's arse and will get worse before it gets any better. Yes he loves Rangers but why would he want to put money in until the review has been undertaken, a proper business plan and has been created and he can see what level of return a shareholder can expect over the next 2/5/10 years? Any money that we receive from investment needs tempered with sensible spending and we as fans should expect lesser players being brought in on lower wages for a few years until we can get funds from Europe etc. free transfers will be the order of the day until we hit the SPL IMO.

It would be an emotional investment for King, and that's what sets him apart from most of the current large investors. DK would not expect a great return, but by the same token, he would not want his money to be blown away by people he did not completely trust.

It would be an emotional investment for King, and that's what sets him apart from most of the current large investors. DK would not expect a great return, but by the same token, he would not want his money to be blown away by people he did not completely trust.

So who is these people he trusts

i really feel having DK involved on the board would be good for us,we need someone we can relate too and someone who will push us forward finacially by getting the fans onboard,hope he will be involved within the next 12 months :pipe:

I cannot help thinking Dave King will not feature unless:

Existing shareholders are prepared to sell him a significant number (the amount which will give him a genuine say in how the club is run) of existing shares.

Or

The existing shareholders agree to another share issue.

Both the above would mean that the current significant shareholders would have their "significance" diluted.

King has said repeatedly that he will not buy shares to put money into someone elses pocket. I believe he is awaiting another share issue which he will basically buy out so that the money he spends goes directly into Rangers accounts. The impasse is that previous investors do not want to see their %age holding diminish, However I do believe by this time next year there will be another share issue as monies will need to be found to finance the return to the Scottish Premiership. And yes he is going to want a place on the board for himself or his delegate should the SPFL/SFA block his own directorship.

King has said repeatedly that he will not buy shares to put money into someone elses pocket. I believe he is awaiting another share issue which he will basically buy out so that the money he spends goes directly into Rangers accounts. The impasse is that previous investors do not want to see their %age holding diminish, However I do believe by this time next year there will be another share issue as monies will need to be found to finance the return to the Scottish Premiership. And yes he is going to want a place on the board for himself or his delegate should the SPFL/SFA block his own directorship.

I think you will find that the next share issue will be happening a lot sooner than January 2015!

That'll be why he didn't back Minico then. Explains a lot.

In fact, now I come to think about it, virtually none of the corporate investors backed them.

Not many fans either.