is it still possible to go onto administration....

Redwhiteandblue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it some of you have never been in a wage negotiation position with a company?

Here's how it works:

1. The company comes in with a figure far higher\lower than they expect the employees to accept

2. Employees\union reject company offer

3. Company makes more realistic offer

4. Company and employees\union enter negotiations

5. 9 times out of 10 agreement is reached

FFS guys, this happens up and down the country every day!

Listen, we all knew cuts had to be made, and we knew that player wages were amongst them. All that has happened is the first step in that process.

I take it some of you have never been in a wage negotiation position with a company?

Here's how it works:

1. The company comes in with a figure far higher\lower than they expect the employees to accept

2. Employees\union reject company offer

3. Company makes more realistic offer

4. Company and employees\union enter negotiations

5. 9 times out of 10 agreement is reached

FFS guys, this happens up and down the country every day!

Listen, we all knew cuts had to be made, and we knew that player wages were amongst them. All that has happened is the first step in that process.

Footballers are in a different position to ordinary employees. The club is contractually obliged to pay them a fixed amount for a fixed period. If the players decide to reject the club's wage reduction proposal, there is absolutely nothing the club can do about it. The players are well aware of this.

Footballers are in a different position to ordinary employees. The club is contractually obliged to pay them a fixed amount for a fixed period. If the players decide to reject the club's wage reduction proposal, there is absolutely nothing the club can do about it. The players are well aware of this.

Maybe so, but if the club came back with a figure of say 7%, I think the fans sympathies would be swayed if they refused again.

I'm pretty sure if McCoist can take a 50% pay cut, the players could be persuaded to take a single figure one..

Of course, they really need to be announcing proposed cuts for the board etc as well. If I was a player and thought that I had to take a cut while various others didn't, I would tell them to fuck off as well.

Maybe so, but if the club came back with a figure of say 7%, I think the fans sympathies would be swayed if they refused again.

I'm pretty sure if McCoist can take a 50% pay cut, the players could be persuaded to take a single figure one..

Of course, they really need to be announcing proposed cuts for the board etc as well. If I was a player and thought that I had to take a cut while various others didn't, I would tell them to fuck off as well.

Some of the Rangers supporters in the dressing-room might be able to see the wider picture, but players like Peralta, Cribari, and Faure who came here for the money alone probably won't and, to be honest, I wouldn't blame them.

What is more, the players will be even less incentivised to accept a wage cut now that Wallace has very publically stated that Admin 2 is definitely not a possibility.

Even if there are no creditors?

I keep hearing that we have no debt, so how could we go into administration?

My guess and im sure somebody else will already have said this, is that at the moment we have no real debt but we do have increasingly tight cash flow if that cash flow runs out we cannot pay bills and wages which then becomes debt in the same way if you dont pay your gas bill you are in debt to the gas company, if his happened and tbh i doubt it will but if it did and the debt grew large enough and the creditors ie players/staff and whatever bills we had not paid didnt believe were able or willing to pay within a reasonable timescale that they could apply to have a court order against us which could lead to admin. Its not like 2 years ago but the cash flow issue if not solved soon could put us in a difficult position 6 months down the line

Where is the investment the easdales and stockbridge promised prior to the AGM ????????? bluster and bluff methinks.

I don't remember any investment promised, when was this? I remember the talk for new investment needed, I never heard anything promised. Oh and it's only a month after the AGM, stop the panicking.

If you won hefty millions on the lottery what would be a robust strategy for sorting out Rangers? If you were prepared to wave goodbye to most of it to see the club back in a much stronger position?

Think there are many who, should they win the Euro millions like the couple from Largs, would invest heavily in the club. I certainly would and my first action would be a blanket ban on the name Murray ever being involved with Rangers ever again (tu)

As soon as you run out of money i.e. can't pay the players then its dead simple you asked the players to take a pay cut and they refused so they brought it on themselves. BDO come in and get shot of big lee Cribari Perry etc and then you get the club back -25 points but still able to win the championship and your just in time to ask the mugs for the season ticket money. Sorted!

Away bang yer sister ya fanny