is it still possible to go onto administration....

Redwhiteandblue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CARSON, my quote is fucked. Let's hope that doesn't happen, I would like a rise in season tickets and the deadwood shipped out before even thinking of that sort of thing.

As good a thing that Craig Mather done in freezing season tickets this year, it was a mistake. They should have been put up, even if it was only 10-15%

Craig Mather, by all accounts, was a decent bloke. However, he now has a lot to answer for. It was with his full blessing that Ally was allowed to sign so many players last summer. Unfortunately, the deadwood will be really difficult to shift because very few clubs will be in a position to offer players like Smith and Foster the kind of wages they are on just now.

Maybe just maybe, he's waiting in the wings for his prediction to come true and snap up all of our club for a rock bottom price.

"Waiting in the wings"

We have all been hoping for some saviour waiting in the wings ready to buy us up for years now and how many have came forward?

We need to face facts that no one is interested in owning rangers for the sake of rangers, only interested in bleeding the club and its fans dry

And if he was any sort of fan he would not want to see us going into admin again.

I'm willing to give him the benefit of a month or two extra.

He just tells it as it is. If he thinks it's a real possibility then it is.

Why? I'm sure he's an intelligent man but without access to our books it's all guess work from him.

Why would shareholders vote the board back in overwhelmingly if we were on the brink of admin?

"Waiting in the wings"

We have all been hoping for some saviour waiting in the wings ready to buy us up for years now and how many have came forward?

We need to face facts that no one is interested in owning rangers for the sake of rangers, only interested in bleeding the club and its fans dry

And if he was any sort of fan he would not want to see us going into admin again.

He didn't get all his cash, by just flashing it about and lining other people pockets to play a supporting role.

He'll be wanting overall control at a price that suits him. One way to get it, is us getting in a precarious situation again. Other way would be the majority of our current shareholders get nervous and sell up for less than the market rate to claw back something.

Why? I'm sure he's an intelligent man but without access to our books it's all guess work from him.

Why would shareholders vote the board back in overwhelmingly if we were on the brink of admin?

Could have just been a case of the writing is on the wall. No point in changing. If Admin is on the cards. Nobody will be safe. Massive clear out will happen this time.

Could have just been a case of the writing is on the wall. No point in changing. If Admin is on the cards. Nobody will be safe. Massive clear out will happen this time.

We have no debt or HMRC chasing us, how the hell is the writing on the wall? With some cuts and sensible management I don't see any need for insolvency.

He didn't get all his cash, by just flashing it about and lining other people pockets to play a supporting role.

He'll be wanting overall control at a price that suits him. One way to get it, is us getting in a precarious situation again. Other way would be the majority of our current shareholders get nervous and sell up for less than the market rate to claw back something.

Does he expect to get the club for nothing?

He will have to pay folk off to get the club. I appreciate he wants to get a good deal, obviously, but to wait until the club was on the brink of another collapse? That's would make him no better than another of these fuckwits running the club.

Aye i'm sure they based their voting on a guy they've likely never spoken to or may not even have heard of.

And none of them knew anything about DK's visit to the UK a few weeks before the AGM? Get real. Their plan all along was to buy the club cheap and then sell on at a profit to people like DK who genuinely care about the club.

Even if there are no creditors?

I keep hearing that we have no debt, so how could we go into administration?

You don't need creditors to go into admin - if, say, you could see that you cud not have the cash in 4 months time to pay wages then you can apply for administration to help sort the situation out!

But we are not at that point

And none of them knew anything about DK's visit to the UK a few weeks before the AGM? Get real. Their plan all along was to buy the club cheap and then sell on at a profit to people like DK who genuinely care about the club.

If the club goes into administration their shareholding becomes rather useless so you aren't answering the point

Does he expect to get the club for nothing?

He will have to pay folk off to get the club. I appreciate he wants to get a good deal, obviously, but to wait until the club was on the brink of another collapse? That's would make him no better than another of these fuckwits running the club.

He'll just see it as a very good business deal.

If we we're looking at a positive spin on it, it would be hopefully the money he did save. He would invest it into the club after gaining sole control.

How does it look like an act of desperation? We were told after the AGM costs would have to come down. Why is anyone surprised at this?

Also this wasn't even an official offer if people stopped scaremongering and watched the news they would have seen it was simply a discussion to see how the players would feel. Nothing official was offered.

Aye, I'm sure they were just chucking it out there..

Asking players who've just signed and young players on hundreds a week doesn't make us look as if were in deep shite :rolleyes:

If the club goes into administration their shareholding becomes rather useless so you aren't answering the point.

I haven't said anything about the club going into administration. I still think that's an unlikely option. However, there's a game of brinkmanship going on here. Many of the existing shareholders hope that DK will make an offer for their shares. DK on the other hand is holding out until the Board is forced to approach him for funds.

I haven't said anything about the club going into administration. I still think that's an unlikely option. However, there's a game of brinkmanship going on here. Many of the existing shareholders hope that DK will make an offer for their shares. DK on the other hand is holding out until the Board is forced to approach him for funds.

My question was about how do the doomsday theories tie in with the AGM result.

The board putting the Club into admin again would be a way of making some easy, much-needed redundancies. I'm no business or financial expert, but I think if the Club were to try that without being in admin, then they could be open to potential lawsuits. The Club (according to the board) has no creditors either. That's a good thing if it's true.

Apart from the potential redundancies, there is no benefit of a second admin.

Whatever happened to the expression: "Once bitten, twice shy"?

So you admit this talk of administration is hysterical?

I don't think the Board is foolish enough to allow it to happen, but I understand why so many fans are worried about it. The mere fact that the Board has felt the need to ask the players to take a 15% cut demonstrates that our financial situation is precarious. If DK offers the Board money in return for shares and they refuse him, then all hell will break loose.

You don't need creditors to go into admin - if, say, you could see that you cud not have the cash in 4 months time to pay wages then you can apply for administration to help sort the situation out!

But we are not at that point

We weren't at the point last time either mate... Just takes some fuck ups for us to get there.

Clearly though the last time we were there we didn't sort the club out at all.