Auchenhowie

stewaj3

Folk may not agree but I think it's the biggest waste of money.

We have all these pitches that don't get used. All these staff that do very little. A few players come through... But who's to argue they wouldn't do that anyway?

If the costs are high I'd sell it. Fuck the infrastructure. Get it back to being about the team on the pitch.

I may be pessimistic, but we live in Scotland and kids like fast food beer and xbox. A facility like this is irrelevant these days. The board should realise that the way to keep the fans happy is to put a winning team on the park and to invest in good players.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Folk may not agree but I think it's the biggest waste of money.

We have all these pitches that don't get used. All these staff that do very little. A few players come through... But who's to argue they wouldn't do that anyway?

If the costs are high I'd sell it. Fuck the infrastructure. Get it back to being about the team on the pitch.

I may be pessimistic, but we live in Scotland and kids like fast food beer and xbox. A facility like this is irrelevant these days. The board should realise that the way to keep the fans happy is to put a winning team on the park and to invest in good players.

Most kids I know love to play football but have nowhere to play it.

I had the same problem, still do to some extent. You can't get a pitch to play football on without paying, the 5-a-side pitches near me cost between £30 and £40 for an hour to book: what kind of person would pay that?

We need to be providing free, safe places to play football if we want to make it grow in Scotland again, there's fuck all facilities for kids.

2001 it was built and it's around that time that we first seemed to realise we had financial difficulties. I doubt they would sell it as it's an asset, but an under used and not required one if you ask me.

You could always argue that good players might not come if we don't have the right facilities but we don't need world beaters.

I just think it's a great facility that's misused and not worth much to us as a club, we were fine before it and I'm sure we'd be fine after it.

Don't see the point in selling something we will hopefully utilise to its full capability in the coming years. Yes there is little infrastructure at the moment in regards to developing young players but it is the development and selling of young players which I see as the lifeblood of our club moving forward, surely those in charge see that and are in the process of at least planning our youth development strategy. Selling Murray Park would just be an act of stupidity in my eyes.

get to fuck with this pish this is exactly the inbred backwards attitude that many at Rangers have that would destroy us as a football club; YOUTH IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD!, get that into your inbred heads, Not to mention if we trained in some local park then hardly any good players would join us these days a big club needs a top quality training facility.

So I reiterate get to fuck (tu)

Most kids I know love to play football but have nowhere to play it.

I had the same problem, still do to some extent. You can't get a pitch to play football on without paying, the 5-a-side pitches near me cost between £30 and £40 for an hour to book: what kind of person would pay that?

We need to be providing free, safe places to play football if we want to make it grow in Scotland again, there's fuck all facilities for kids.

What was ever wrong with kids putting jumpers down as goalposts and playing in their local park

get to fuck with this pish this is exactly the inbred backwards attitude that many at Rangers have that would destroy us as a football club; YOUTH IS THE ONLY WAY FORWARD!, get that into your inbred heads, Not to mention if we trained in some local park then hardly any good players would join us these days a big club needs a top quality training facility.

So I reiterate get to fuck (tu)

Lol, inbred. So we have a team of folk like kal Naismith? Darren cole? Lol you've played too much champ manager. A successful team on the park will mean the best kids want to play for us. Fuck the facilities. I'm not saying a local park necessarily but smaller more realistic facilities are available.. Auchenhowie is a waste of money full stop. As for players... Listen having auchenhowie doesn't stop our players fucking off to the mighty hull.

Rangers had youth players coming through before auchenhowie and they can do so again.

I'm pretty sure it's on a green belt or some pish like that so the land is kind of worthless as you can't build houses on it.

I don't know who told me this so there is a good chance I'm wrong lol.

I think it would be a massive backwards step anyway, it's almost like saying "we are shite just now so are always going to be shite".

When we are back in the champions league -which we WILL be- we want to attract players to come and play for us, yes players love playing at Ibrox once every fortnight but you hear them say how Auchenhowie is a great place to go into work EVERYDAY.

Yeah. Then get rid of the Rangers shop at the airport. After that put up a big sign in the middle of Glasgow saying we've accepted that we are now the second club of the city. The peoples club.

This complex is available to any team visiting Scotland and as far as I am aware, at a cost - contrary to what some think is a freebie.

It allows our players to train in safety and our youth to train alongside the team they aspire to join.

It is not Auchenhowie that is the problem, it is the coaches that take the sessions. Too many sessions of laughing and joking and not enough work - in my opinion.

It's getting used everyday so stop talking pish. It's up to the manager to give the youth [players the games.

Also when we're signing players again Auchenhowie blows them away and helps us attract better players.

The team in the east end saw this and thats the reason they built there own training ground as training in a park was embarrassing for them. They were embarrassed showing potential new signings around.

All we need is the right coaches around the place not need to sell it.