Manager Ally McCoist launches his defence of Rangers' expensive pre-match prepa

Bothwellbear

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced that some tits on here wont be happy until we're playing in sackcloth, after having walked to the game and spent a few hours on the hills catching rabbits to eat for a pre-match meal. Then spending a few hours post-match sweeping streets before hitching lifts back to Glasgow.

I understand it's your right to moan, but FFS, gie us peace.

Wait till we frop a few points.I would make Ally McCoist and his players run home in their bare feet.That would harden them up and would improve their stamina no end..........

I just don't understand why it's needed. It's a 2hr bus journey max!

This is what I don't get, if our squad aren't professional enough to behave themselves at their own house the night before a game them something is wrong.

We have facilities at Auchenhowie they could spend the day there before driving up and getting a warm-up done then game, warm-down and back to Auchenhowie.. how would that be unprofessional?

This is what I don't get, if our squad aren't professional enough to behave themselves at their own house the night before a game them something is wrong.

We have facilities at Auchenhowie they could spend the day there before driving up and getting a warm-up done then game, warm-down and back to Auchenhowie.. how would that be unprofessional?

Always doing what we've always done.

Learnt off Walter, and deemed to be the Rangers way.

Not all Allys fault, but more evidence that frugal isn't in the clubs vocabulary.

Keep hearing this figure of around 30% and now under 30% mentioned. Is this confirmed, sourced, or just stated often enough its become fact. Also, does it include all playing staff or just first team?

I remember CG referring to it, but really don't know if it has been achieved.

If we look at all football staff including all players, coaches and managers then last year it was around 57%-60%.

I think what's happened here is that the stat gets used to suit various agendas. (tu)

hotels etc are the least of the worries. That display last night was rotten and all i'm hearing is complaints about a fucking pre match preperation.

Get Ally to comment on his department - the football, as i'd love to know why the fuck he's not slating the players.

Terry Butcher the other day on his teams performance;

"That was one of the most wretched 45 minutes I have seen from one of my teams," said Butcher.

"That was absolutely abysmal and there were a few choice words. It tells me the squad depth isn't there."

We only had six subs because some were injured and I felt others didn't deserve to be on the bench.

"There's a few players in the first half whose performances said to me 'I'm not good enough gaffer, get someone else in'.

"I can't do that in January, but I'll do that in the summer. That was not acceptable. That was awful.

"They were going to have Monday off, but I've got them in now and I'm going to work them hard".

Ally on last night (no footnall talk,all pish about where they stayed) ;

I can understand people questioning it," said the Rangers boss, whose club reported losses of £14.4m for the 13 months to July.

"But it's my job to give our players the best opportunity to perform."

"To give the players the opportunity to play as well as they can you have to prepare as well as you can. We will continue to do that until I'm told otherwise."

training and tactics might be more fucking appropriate!!!!

If we look at all football staff including all players, coaches and managers then last year it was around 57%-60%.

I think what's happened here is that the stat gets used to suit various agendas. (tu)

How does that 57%-60% stat compare to other large clubs?

I'm afraid I do take it personally when posters write utter tosh. You're allowed to have an opinion, I'm allowed to tell you it's shite. (tu)

I was kidding with you mate but it seems the pressure is now being applied .You love Ally .I love Ally but for the future of our team and the way we play football for next two years , I want him out of the hot seat .asap

This is all a coincidence players knock back pay cut then this story is planted in the DR whilst Jack the rat's minions populate the forums, if money is to be saved Toxic Jack must be the first out the door

At last someone that can see what this "story" is all about.Toxic doing a sterling job while his minion bawsburst mixes the pot and the predictables fall for it again.

Thanks Lawman.

Expect it's likely come down a bit but nowhere near the 30% figure this season.

Still, as you say, if it suits an agenda.................

Thanks Lawman.

Expect it's likely come down a bit but nowhere near the 30% figure this season.

Still, as you say, if it suits an agenda.................

Unless those saying that it is done to suit an agenda, actually have an agenda of their own. Not saying that is the case with anyone on this thread. (tu)

Unless those saying that it is done to suit an agenda, actually have an agenda of their own. Not saying that is the case with anyone on this thread. (tu)

So you have a source for a current figure of 30%? Genuinely interested to know if this is currently the case.

We are top European club and should continue to prepare for matches

in the way all top cluba do, doesnt matter who we play we need to do the right thing

And have our players working in a 100% professional way?

I could understand this view point if,

A. We were travelling miles for a league game/European game.

B. We were playing professional teams.

C. We were balancing the books and financial sound.

I would suggest none of the above applies to our current situation.

A 2 hour bus trip to play a part time team means we have to get the players a hotel...no wonder we are hemoraging money.