The way McCoist uses Law

GOAT

I was playing 5's with the work mates on Thursday night and after I was speaking to one of the Motherwell fans in my work. He was telling me he watched our game ( I'm guessing it was Monday) and his exact words were "McCoist is wasting Law". I knew what he meant but I asked him anyway what he meant. He told me for some reason Law comes deep to try and start attacks when he plays for us, but at Motherwell he was in a much more advanced role at Motherwell and only came deep if they were defending more. Basically he's being wasted coming deep because he creates much more attacking.

We have a player that can sit deep and move forward when needed and he's being wasted on the left.

If a motherwell fan seen this watching us once, why can't McCoist?

Deja vu,I posted this in an earlier thread

Trouble is he needs a good ball winner to allow him to take the pass and play forward creatively. Ian Black has been a bit disappointing recently in that role. In todays game and the earlier one this week Law was pulling further and further back to get the ball ending up in left back postions.

The guys a creator, has a good football brain, he just needs a few others around to win the ball and make him some space.

Also wonder if a good player up front who can find space to take the outlet pass would help him, rather than Daly who is more stationary. (A Kenny Miller kind of player ?)

Yeah Law been used deep is of no use to us - I didn't think he was brilliant today but he showed flashes of his quality.

He's someone who could do a job for us even as a squad player in the top flight. To be fair he's playing alongside Ian Black who is useless (tu)

The last time we had a similar issue, the player was dropped and that ended with the manager being sacked. That was of course, Barry Ferguson and Paul Le Guen.

Barry started to work his way back to defence in order to get the ball and distribute it and he blamed the tactics of PLG. PLG went on record stating that he had ordered Barry to attack more but he refused.

My question is, has Law become a Barry? Is he coming back of his own accord because our tactics so shite or has Ally asked him to do so?

Black was basically a defender today and at one point, Mohsni was further forward than him.

At the end of a game last month, I think it was against Dunfermline Law finished the game in the position just off the front. This was when Ally brought Foster on and moved Faure into central midfield which meant Law moved further forward. I thought he looked good here even though it was only for about 20 minutes. I would like to see him played there in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Macleod and Black sitting deeper with McKay/Aird, Law and Templeton ahead of them.

The reason is that McCall knows more about progressive tactics than McCoist - end of.

I mentioned in an earlier post that Law was playing too deep today and maybe he's doing what other good players do, in going back to get the ball and start an attack because no one else has the initiative.

The last time we had a similar issue, the player was dropped and that ended with the manager being sacked. That was of course, Barry Ferguson and Paul Le Guen.

Barry started to work his way back to defence in order to get the ball and distribute it and he blamed the tactics of PLG. PLG went on record stating that he had ordered Barry to attack more but he refused.

My question is, has Law become a Barry? Is he coming back of his own accord because our tactics so shite or has Ally asked him to do so?

Black was basically a defender today and at one point, Mohsni was further forward than him.

McDowell (sp?) spoke to Black (while McCoist stood with his arms folded) and for the next five minutes Black stayed back and Mohsni went forward. Says it all if we've got to ask a defender to attack for us, when we've took off a fast attacker in the first place.

no excuse really, he is a profesional football player, he should be able to adapt to any position. I fear this is just another thread aimed at getting yet another dig in at McCoist. just out of intrest GOAT if we get to the cup final will your opinion of McCoist change or is there no way back for you and Ally the manager? you seem very intent in showing the worst in every McCoist related item.

no excuse really, he is a profesional football player, he should be able to adapt to any position. I fear this is just another thread aimed at getting yet another dig in at McCoist. just out of intrest GOAT if we get to the cup final will your opinion of McCoist change or is there no way back for you and Ally the manager? you seem very intent in showing the worst in every McCoist related item.

What a lot of crap. Messi would make a shite defender.

GOAT may like to bash Ally but the Ally lovers also have an agenda and yours appears that despite the discussion point, you will ignore it - even if you believe it (sounds like my wife).

The first part of that is balls, and you know it.

Second part, we wont get to the Cup Final.

I was playing 5's with the work mates on Thursday night and after I was speaking to one of the Motherwell fans in my work. He was telling me he watched our game ( I'm guessing it was Monday) and his exact words were "McCoist is wasting Law". I knew what he meant but I asked him anyway what he meant. He told me for some reason Law comes deep to try and start attacks when he plays for us, but at Motherwell he was in a much more advanced role at Motherwell and only came deep if they were defending more. Basically he's being wasted coming deep because he creates much more attacking.

We have a player that can sit deep and move forward when needed and he's being wasted on the left.

If a motherwell fan seen this watching us once, why can't McCoist?

Good post and a valid point

the first part is crap? how many players have come and gone through Ibrox or any other club for that matter and had to play in a different position? I would say a good few, for example Moshni was a centre forward, McCulloch can play anywhere, Daly could slot in at centre back, even as far back as Papac who was bought as a CH and played his whole Rangers career at LB, they are just off the top of my head. most left and right backs start off as wingers nowadays and are then told you are now a LB/RB. hows that bollocks? Messi was a winger he is now a centre forward so thats that arguement redundant. why would you want Messi to defend? lol. I can't see any reason why we wont make the cup final, we may be shite on the eye but that doesn't win you matches, for example Tony Mowbrays teams played some really good football very pleasing on the eye for the fan, but he won fuck all, Walter Smith played some of the worst football we've seen and won three titles and a european final. Ask Ally or any other football fan if they want good silky samba football or trophies? it's a no brainer.

the first part is crap? how many players have come and gone through Ibrox or any other club for that matter and had to play in a different position? I would say a good few, for example Moshni was a centre forward, McCulloch can play anywhere, Daly could slot in at centre back, even as far back as Papac who was bought as a CH and played his whole Rangers career at LB, they are just off the top of my head. most left and right backs start off as wingers nowadays and are then told you are now a LB/RB. hows that bollocks? Messi was a winger he is now a centre forward so thats that arguement redundant. why would you want Messi to defend? lol. I can't see any reason why we wont make the cup final, we may be shite on the eye but that doesn't win you matches, for example Tony Mowbrays teams played some really good football very pleasing on the eye for the fan, but he won fuck all, Walter Smith played some of the worst football we've seen and won three titles and a european final. Ask Ally or any other football fan if they want good silky samba football or trophies? it's a no brainer.

Moshni was not a centre forward although he has played there for previous clubs

Papac never played his full career at left back, he also played centre half and left midfield,

Messi is also more of an attacking midfielder or 2nd striker, never a Centre Forward

Tony Mowbray's team was shite

We will not make the cup final because we will be physically overpowered by stronger SPFL teams and our defence will be exposed against better strikers.

Do you seriously think Walter Smith's Rangers were worse than Ally's Rangers

Jesus Fuckin Wept