The crowd today and ST sales next season

GOAT

I couldn't get a ST this year due to other commitments but I went today and I will be buying one for the new season regardless of who is manager or owner.

I eventually enjoyed today but the lack of competition is definitely having an effect on the crowd and the players.

The best part of the game was people watching on the way out the stadium which makes me love my club even more.

Everything from the very old guy struggling with his walking stick, to the single looking mother with her wee boy and the two old dears who looked like sisters. I got that feeling of family today.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be renewing our 2 season tickets. I admit the football can be pretty dire, today was no exception, however this is probably the most important time to be a fan. All the success we've had in the past and all our future success will be nothing compared to the last 18 months and next 18 months. We were almost put out of business for good and no one gave us a helping hand, the only real reason Rangers are still going, is down to the loyalty of the fans. I for one will never forget these years in the lower leagues and I'm sure in time they will mean as much if not more than the 9 in a row years.

to be fair the weather was howling today , had to drag myself out the door , weather was a big factor today or is the weather down to Ally as well

as we climb the leagues the interest will grow , by the time we are entering the SPL will be a big demand for ST

I was, I was in BF3

Location means I can't get to many games, so will have to take your word for it

However, I enjoyed myself today - I love being at Ibrox

The football may be shit sometimes, but if I could get to every game, I would

Well done mate, and that is crux of the problem we are too Loyal the board will only look at the bottom line and that's money in the till. While he football on show is crap and the club doesn't move forward to be the top club in the country.

The football right now is pretty mediocre don't get me wrong but it's a lot better than last season in my opinion and I think it'll be better next season.

If people were going to give up the season tickets I'd imagine they'd have done it after how bad last year was.

There'll be some people as well that will get season tickets in the Championship season maybe to save themselves from the rush for when we get back to the top flight (tu)

I don't get why anyone wouldn't renew their ST, I think there's going to be some half decent opposition next season in the likes of hearts, dundee, Hamilton, falkirk, raith etc obviously minus who gets promoted, just because we're not playing well just now has no bearing on how we'll play next season.

At time we must really play some of the worst football in Scotland. Ive seen u13's pass n move better than us. They play for nothing btw. Mccoist has us playing rancid matches labouring to result after result. Anyone who thinks this guy is in the right job needs sectioned.

:lol:

I'm a critique of the football at the moment as much as the next man but Jesus this is ridiculously sensationalist (tu)

Money is tight for lots of people at this time of year too. If folks don't think they'll get value for money, they'll spend it elsewhere.

The folk missing have already paid their money in ST's how bad does it need to get to not turn up to something you have already paid for for.

Given the level of opposition and the product on offer our crowds are still astonishingly large.

Others factors like the weather and the fact the league is completely wrapped up also need to be accounted for as well as post Christmas debt. (tu)

It will be interesting to see how many season tickets are sold if Ally stays. The majority on here, like myself and family, will be their, regardless of the fact the team is playing dire football. I'm quietly confident most will stay loyal. The last few years have brought it home how much the club means to us.

BUT the rank football needs sorted.

Given the level of opposition and the product on offer our crowds are still astonishingly large.

Had this discussion with the mates of the bus today, the resounding answer was what else are going to do when Rangers are at the home but go to the game.

All of us agreed its a pretty lame excuse for pish poor football.

Yes mate Loyal Loyal, but when does that loyalty actually harm the club because we keep showing up when the football on show is taking us backward.

I don't ever see a situation where my loyalty to the club will harm it.

My loyalty to the club will remain, regardless of what happens

My loyalty to the people in the club is a different story, but I show my support to the club by helping financially when I can afford to do so - be it buying strips, paying to watch a match on RTV, or travelling to Glasgow and back in one day to watch shit football in the cold and the rain

Am I happy the club and fans have been abused in the past?

Of course not

Will I stop doing whatever I can to help, based on bad History?

Not a chance

Some of my money is in the coffers at Ibrox, if some of that is used to pay for shit players or other unnecessary expenditures, that's upsetting

But I like to think that the rest of it is doing some good for the club, and that's more money the club has than it would if I decided not to do anything because some might get wasted

I don't ever see a situation where my loyalty to the club will harm it.My loyalty to the club will remain, regardless of what happensMy loyalty to the people in the club is a different story, but I show my support to the club by helping financially when I can afford to do so - be it buying strips, paying £5 to watch a match on RTV, or travelling to Glasgow and back in one day to watch shit football in the cold and the rainAm I happy the club and fans have been abused in the past?Of course notWill I stop doing whatever I can to help, based on bad History? Not a chanceSome of my money is in the coffers at Ibrox, if some of that is used to pay for shit players or other unnecessary expenditures, that's upsettingBut I like to think that the rest of it is doing some good for the club, and that's more money the club has than it would if I decided not to do anything because some might get wasted

Gave up trying to read that mate, but good on you anyway.