The McCoist manual of tactics

roger9650

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really remember him in his prime so that could play a part but being a poacher doesnt mean he wasnt a great forward

Never said it doesn't. But he was much more than a poacher. He could link up, drop deep and score spectacular goals. The way he linked with Hateley showed McCoist was much more than a poacher and all round striker.

Kris Boyd was/is a poacher.

Y

Players that should be more than capable of passing a ball against part timers.

Yesterday, and some other recent games, have been poor but look at the season as a whole.

We've banged in a fair amount of goals.

Frankly speaking I don't think Ally has it as a coach - I really don't but I will not criticise him too much giving all the circumstances in the last two years.

how about the league table for a defence , how about 23 points clear as a defence how about our possible goal difference record as a defence, how about he will be the first manager in the UK to win their league as a defence , how about Ramsden cup final :ph34r: as a defence , how about we have destroyed the Championship leaders as a defence ...not bad for one year

(tu)

Much better.

Never said it doesn't. But he was much more than a poacher. He could link up, drop deep and score spectacular goals. The way he linked with Hateley showed McCoist was much more than a poacher and all round striker.

Kris Boyd was/is a poacher.

Fair enough he was great no doubt you dont win 2 Golden Boots without being great

So the style of play does not matter to you?

Or the fact that you feel the need to channel-hop when we are on because we are so brutal?

Winning is an absolute minimum, winning with good football MUST be the goal.

look mate , i sit in the Copland with 5 family members , and we all moan about the style of play and shout for Ally to change things , but i cant in all honest sit back and listen to people make up shit in attempt to discredit Ally

If he is as bad as some are suggesting on this forum then results will catch up with him , untill then i am behind the team and behind Ally

Skullery .You have a lot to say for a newbe . You use the words "hate fest" to have a go at fellow bears because they like me, want change .

Not one bear on here hates Ally .Maybe you should stop bumping your gums and realise that. Stop coming out with your pish .

Skullery .You have a lot to say for a newbe . You use the words "hate fest" to have a go at fellow bears because they like me, want change .

Not one bear on here hates Ally .Maybe you should stop bumping your gums and realise that. Stop coming out with your pish .

C'mon there's definitely a few that hate him. They normally show themselves up by calling him McSciaf or the pallbearer. I've even seen posters on here call him fat sally.

I've no problem with folk wanting change or being unhappy with our football but some of the personal abuse McCoist takes on here is totally uncalled for and has even led to admin putting a sticky up about that very subject.

You don't need all that hate patter mate, there's plenty of positives about McCoist as manager without resorting to that shite. You might also find people more open to your opinion if you aren't dismissing theirs as taigery or hatred.

ok fair point , but its hard , on this thread for example right now, we now have a poster trying to discredit Allys goal scoring achievements in order to make a point

C'mon there's definitely a few that hate him. They normally show themselves up by calling him McSciaf or the pallbearer. I've even seen posters on here call him fat sally.

I've no problem with folk wanting change or being unhappy with our football but some of the personal abuse McCoist takes on here is totally uncalled for and has even led to admin putting a sticky up about that very subject.

ok fair point , but its hard , on this thread for example right now, we now have a poster trying to discredit Allys goal scoring achievements in order to make a point

No argument from me for either of you on this one. They are best ignored tbh. There are plenty of valid points and counter points to be made, getting bogged down in other nonsense does none us no favors.

Hope that the man with 355 goals (27 of them against ra Sellick) is sacked

This is what irks me the most, what relevance does McCoist's ability as a player have on his ability as a Manager? Shouldn't even be considered, one of our greatest Rangers of all time couldn't cut it as a Manger, but at least Greig could hold his hands up and admit it rather than making excuses.

What really gets me about his tactical approach is when things are going badly he never finds any way to turn things around, can anyone imagine us turning a potential defeat into a victory with Ally in charge?

your being sarcastic right ?

What really gets me about his tactical approach is when things are going badly he never finds any way to turn things around, can anyone imagine us turning a potential defeat into a victory with Ally in charge?

Ah good old sarcasm.

We'll ignore the fact we were getting beat by part timers who were second bottom of the table, with a team full of professionals on thousands per week, who couldn't string a pass together between them.

Some people realy need a grip of reality, if this was any other person other than McCoist, mosta opinions would be different, and you know it.

Ah good old sarcasm.

We'll ignore the fact we were getting beat by part timers who were second bottom of the table, with a team full of professionals on thousands per week, who couldn't string a pass together between them.

Some people realy need a grip of reality, if this was any other person other than McCoist, mosta opinions would be different, and you know it.

but the reality is a bit more complex , and unique who else can we compare with being 23 points ahead and shouting for him to be fired , an example would be good

This is what irks me the most, what relevance does McCoist's ability as a player have on his ability as a Manager? Shouldn't even be considered, one of our greatest Rangers of all time couldn't cut it as a Manger, but at least Greig could hold his hands up and admit it rather than making excuses.

Many are just never going to be able to separate McCoist the manager and McCoist the player/person