Question for the fans holding this club back, i.e the fans still backing Mccoist

GOAT

It seems to me that this is the main argument for letting him go. The assumption that we'll struggle in the top league.

Why not think long term? We could appoint a far less expensive manager and still get through these leagues easily if we're only thinking short term.

It seems to me that this is the main argument for letting him go. The assumption that we'll struggle in the top league.

I always thought it was to do with the lack of progress we have seen on the pitch performance wise...coupled with the struggles in cups and Europe in the first season.

I always thought it was to do with the lack of progress we have seen on the pitch performance wise...coupled with the struggles in cups and Europe in the first season.

That would be even more silly then. There has been progress from last year, pretty clear progress.

Why not think long term? We could appoint a far less expensive manager and still get through these leagues easily if we're only thinking short term.

Mainly because no-one can see into the future. The fact that people are just going to have to accept is that the board are highly unlikely to sack McCoist unless results suffer.

Mainly because no-one can see into the future. The fact that people are just going to have to accept is that the board are highly unlikely to sack McCoist unless results suffer.

I accept it and I think most do but it doesn't mean people have to like it or agree with it.

Results wise yes.

On the pitch. No

Come on, last year was murder. We have better players this year - it still isn't good to watch but we've tightened at the back, scored more goals, improved set pieces, upped our ball retention. We're threatening to look almost like a proper team for the first time since 2011.

I accept it and I think most do but it doesn't mean people have to like it or agree with it.

The way people are relentless with it suggests they don't accept it. I don't know if McCoist is the man for the long term, in fact I suspect that he won't be, but I can accept that he is who we are stuck with.

The way people are relentless with it suggests they don't accept it. I don't know if McCoist is the man for the long term, in fact I suspect that he won't be, but I can accept that he is who we are stuck with.

What does accept even mean really? I don't expect the board to sack him anytime soon but that doesn't mean I just fall into line and pretend I think everything is brilliant.

What does accept even mean really? I don't expect the board to sack him anytime soon but that doesn't mean I just fall into line and pretend I think everything is brilliant.

That's not what I said. However, this continual back and forth on here between the two sides isn't doing anyone any good. I wish some people (not you specifically) would just accept that he's going nowhere and tone it down a bit.

That's not what I said. However, this continual back and forth on here between the two sides isn't doing anyone any good. I wish some people (not you specifically) would just accept that he's going nowhere and tone it down a bit.

It doesn't help when we have rotten game after rotten game for people to react to, you might not think it's important for fans to be entertained as long as we're getting the promotions but there's attendances and season ticket sales to consider.

If we could produce displays like Airdrie and Stenny early on in the season (not necessarily the same scorelines) more often then you'd see less complaining.

It doesn't help when we have rotten game after rotten game for people to react to, you might not think it's important for fans to be entertained as long as we're getting the promotions but there's attendances and season ticket sales to consider.

If we could produce displays like Airdrie and Stenny early on in the season (not necessarily the same scorelines) more often then you'd see less complaining.

What doesn't help is that some people on both sides are like a dog with a bone, everyone then gets tarred with the same brush and ends up on the defensive whilst objectivity gets lost.

The two main points are that results/stats are good, while performances on the pitch are largely uninspiring. I wish people would stop focusing on one and ignoring the other.

I realise that the dichotomous nature of a message board will make that unlikely but I can but dream.

Can't understand these posts. We're running away with the league & it's made out McCoists holding us back? We can only play who's put in front of us & to these teams, it's their cup final & they'll do their best to beat us. In my opinion, judge Ally on next seasons performance when we'll be up against some decent teams who'll actually try to play football instead of just kicking us.

What doesn't help is that some people on both sides are like a dog with a bone, everyone then gets tarred with the same brush and ends up on the defensive whilst objectivity gets lost.

The two main points are that results/stats are good, while performances on the pitch are largely uninspiring. I wish people would stop focusing on one and ignoring the other.

I realise that the dichotomous nature of a message board will make that unlikely but I can but dream.

You have to take into account where we are when it comes to results and stats, it would be more difficult to fail in this league results wise with our resources and the poor quality of the opposition. That may lack 'objectivity' but whatever Lee McCulloch and others say part time football in Scotland is absolutely rotten, the top league is rotten as well in comparison with elsewhere but it being full time still makes a difference.

If McCoist has us winning the top division even with uninspiring football then I could take your points on board more.

Can't understand these posts. We're running away with the league & it's made out McCoists holding us back? We can only play who's put in front of us & to these teams, it's their cup final & they'll do their best to beat us. In my opinion, judge Ally on next seasons performance when we'll be up against some decent teams who'll actually try to play football instead of just kicking us.

And we try and play football?

You have to take into account where we are when it comes to results and stats, it would be more difficult to fail in this league results wise with our resources and the poor quality of the opposition. That may lack 'objectivity' but whatever Lee McCulloch and others say part time football in Scotland is absolutely rotten, the top league is rotten as well in comparison with elsewhere but it being full time still makes a difference.

If McCoist has us winning the top division even with uninspiring football then I could take your points on board more.

Similarly people have to take into account what we've lost and how far we've fallen when it comes to performances. I realise that we should be showing more but some people are expecting too much.

Anyway, my point is some people take their view to ridiculous lengths which just causes endless arguments and, worryingly, valid and salient points to be dismissed because people are on the defensive.

It's very simple anybody that thinks Ally is a good manager or should continue as the Rangers manager either knows fuck all about football or supports any team other than Rangers.

....and then you get shite like this.

Similarly people have to take into account what we've lost and how far we've fallen when it comes to performances. I realise that we should be showing more but some people are expecting too much.

Anyway, my point is some people take their view to ridiculous lengths which just causes endless arguments and, worryingly, valid and salient points to be dismissed because people are on the defensive.

....and then you get shite like this.

I can understand that although I still prefer it to the tedium of boardroom discussion, at least this is about football