Question for the fans holding this club back, i.e the fans still backing Mccoist

GOAT

We can discuss it on the internet till the cows come home but McCoist hasn't progressed in the 2 and a half season he's been a manager and it doesn't look like he will any time soon.

I've stopped going to games as I just don't enjoy it at the moment. Do we wait till alot more feel the same way and stay away? Looks like that's the only way he will get the sack to me.

(tu)

Would they want to deal with all the shit that comes with being our manager nowadays? Still feel some managers will have their doubts, should the club remain as unstable as it is.

Yes some would struggle with that. This is where we play our ' joker ' - Rangers !

Where we are right now probably limits us to guys who have an attachment to us. But let's not forget , we're past the halfway stage of our return and soon be playing in the top league.

We can discuss it on the internet till the cows come home but McCoist hasn't progressed in the 2 and a half season he's been a manager and it doesn't look like he will any time soon.

I've stopped going to games as I just don't enjoy it at the moment. Do we wait till alot more feel the same way and stay away? Looks like that's the only way he will get the sack to me.

Another school of thought is we can only beat what is put in front of us. Furthermore every team has slumps.

At the start of the season good football was being played.

We may get back there, the Dunfermline game recently was a good game and the team played well.

At the moment the job is getting back to where we belong as quickly as possible. We have also managed to find some very good young players, especially Aird.

Hopefully things will improve as we advance to the Championship, but I am not clairvoyant, no one is.

Walter Smith did not always play attractive football but he managed to do us proud. Maybe history will repeat itself.

Yes some would struggle with that. This is where we play our ' joker ' - Rangers !

Where we are right now probably limits us to guys who have an attachment to us. But let's not forget , we're past the halfway stage of our return and soon be playing in the top league.

Does that assume it's all going to be rosy when we're back in the top division? I don;t really see that many signs of us particularly stabilising. More to do with the utter mess our club is in - would McCall et al want to come to a club where there is absolutely no scouting structure in place, where money is a massive issue (ie. having to play a far bigger role than simply coaching the team) - I think most would have real reservations unless we make ourselves a more attractive club to get involved with.

As you say, I think using our affiliations with ex-players/guys with links to the club is probably the only way we will get a really decent candidate

On games won he is the best manager in Scotland, UK, Europe.

That, is a completely factual statement. I can understand why you would be unwilling to debate it.

FFS Quinty !

I'm an undecided about Ally . My heart keeps giving him another chance - week after week after week - but my head is telling me it's not there.

But even I don't think you should use that as a defense of Ally. Better look out that tin hat ! !

I would rather talk about the football instead of listening to your repetitive drivel.

Do you actually ever say anything positive about Rangers?

I mean we may not have played well at the weekend but we came from behind twice and went on to win.

Or maybe you would rather us lose to prove your point.

If that is your attitude then YOU are the kind of fan who is holding the club back and not those YOU attack in your thread title.

I don't need us to lose to prove my point.

The team he plays, the positions he puts them in, the tactics he puts out, the football we play, they all prove my point perfectly. Maybe you're happy with pish at Rangers, but I expect better from a club our size.

Ally’s Record as Rangers manager as of 25th January

From 1 June 2011

Pld 120            Won 86           Draw 17          Lost 17            win% 71.67%

This includes the season in the SPL.  This does not make too bad reading, but of course these figures don’t tell you about performance or opponents. 

All this tells us that in the time he has been the manager he has won 71.67% of the games he has managed the team in.

During this time the club lurched from crisis to crisis, when he was the figure head and we had no board, then when we had a board we had no team or licence to play then we had a licence but couldn’t bring in players. 

One could argue that no other manager could have achieved a win percentage like this under similar circumstances.

If we look at the mouth breather from across the city we will see that as of the 26th January his stats look like this:

From 25 march 2010

Pld 211            Won 147         Draw 27          Lost 37            win% 69.67%   

Does that assume it's all going to be rosy when we're back in the top division? I don;t really see that many signs of us particularly stabilising. More to do with the utter mess our club is in - would McCall et al want to come to a club where there is absolutely no scouting structure in place, where money is a massive issue (ie. having to play a far bigger role than simply coaching the team) - I think most would have real reservations unless we make ourselves a more attractive club to get involved with.

As you say, I think using our affiliations with ex-players/guys with links to the club is probably the only way we will get a really decent candidate

I think / hope were over the worst.

Not trying to go off topic here , but once Wallace starts to streamline us , he will be in a position to seek further funding from present investors . He has to start cuts first because investors won't keep putting money in if it's just to plug holes - they want their money used to see the business grow so they can get some kind of return on their investment. That has to include not only the infrastructure but scouting and youths. Is it too much to expect this to be in place in 12 months ? There's a good chance.

You have to remember too that as we go up the tv money goes up , prize money goes up and importantly European football is a possibility. It's important to us to qualify for European football on our return - and I think this is where Ally has a problem with some of the support. We worry , when you see performances in lower divisions , whether it would be good enough to get a top 4 (5?) finish on our return.

I don't need us to lose to prove my point.

The team he plays, the positions he puts them in, the tactics he puts out, the football we play, they all prove my point perfectly. Maybe you're happy with pish at Rangers, but I expect better from a club our size.

That is fair enough. However you need to accept that there have been times when he has got it right as well.

No one is 100% wrong or at fault.

That is fair enough. However you need to accept that there have been times when he has got it right as well.

No one is 100% wrong or at fault.

I never said he hasn't made correct decisions at times. Bringing on Templeton on Saturday changed the game. But getting something right once in ever 10 is not the standards of being a Rangers manager. Putting 11 guys in a box at home when you're 6 goals up at Ibrox is just stupidity. Having your captain punt the ball up to Daly after you run out of ideas is nonsense.

McCoist doens't have what it takes to be a manager, 2 and a half seasons of dross, have proven that.

I never said he hasn't made correct decisions at times. Bringing on Templeton on Saturday changed the game. But getting something right once in ever 10 is not the standards of being a Rangers manager. Putting 11 guys in a box at home when you're 6 goals up at Ibrox is just stupidity. Having your captain punt the ball up to Daly after you run out of ideas is nonsense.

McCoist doens't have what it takes to be a manager, 2 and a half seasons of dross, have proven that.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

The last couple of seasons though would be trying on ANY manager.

Ally really has not had a normal season since he took the job. He had a normal 6 months at the start, before admin and we were doing pretty well then.

Nah.

I'd rather Rangers fans were allowed to air their views.

If you don't like the poster or the thread then you do not need to come in and read it.

I approved of the boardroom thing but unlike that issues over McCoist are about football so no need to be separating it.

That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

The last couple of seasons though would be trying on ANY manager.

Ally really has not had a normal season since he took the job. He had a normal 6 months at the start, before admin and we were doing pretty well then.

Before Admin we blew a 15 point lead, got knocked out the cup by Falkirk and got knocked out both European qualifiers....

I don't think that is really 'doing well' tbh....

I think / hope were over the worst.

Not trying to go off topic here , but once Wallace starts to streamline us , he will be in a position to seek further funding from present investors . He has to start cuts first because investors won't keep putting money in if it's just to plug holes - they want their money used to see the business grow so they can get some kind of return on their investment. That has to include not only the infrastructure but scouting and youths. Is it too much to expect this to be in place in 12 months ? There's a good chance.

You have to remember too that as we go up the tv money goes up , prize money goes up and importantly European football is a possibility. It's important to us to qualify for European football on our return - and I think this is where Ally has a problem with some of the support. We worry , when you see performances in lower divisions , whether it would be good enough to get a top 4 (5?) finish on our return.

I love your optimism but I dunno if I share it. Not convinced (though id love it to happen) we will be anywhere near sorted in 12 months and I have to say, I fully expect us to still have a lot of work to do come our promotion to the top flight. And Whilst being there brings in a bit more tv money, I don't know if it will be a significant jump. Think there's plenty of pain (aka. cuts) before we are gonna be completely stable

Having been away for the weekend with limited internet access, and having finally reached the end of this thread, can I now throw in my tuppenceworth? To start with, as he is obsessed with "yes/no" answers, I will answer GOAT's question as yes. This, however, is subject to the same results, id est unbeaten in the league and still in 2 out of 3 cups.

I would also like to make some points, some relating to previous posts and some not :

1. As regards Ally standing with his arms folded, I never saw Scot Symon jumping up and down at the side of the pitch and he was not a bad manager.

2. To those wanting a team of youngsters, is this not what hearts are moaning about; their youngsters are being ruined by having to play?

3. As regards the standard of play, If I was being kicked about by lesser quality opponents, I would not try to play silky attractive football. I would rather not have a broken leg. Look at the treatment Black has had to endure with the knowledge that, should he give it back, it is he that will walk.

4. Allied to 3, the standard of refereeing means that opponents will try to stop good attractive play by rough tactics knowing that they will likely get away with it.

5. Jim Baxter was an established player when he joined and said, when capped for Scotland, that he was no better a player than before he joined Rangers; it was just that he looked better because of the players around him.

I am not an "Ally can do no wrong" fan and would love to see better play but I like to think I am being realistic in saying that, as far as our progress is concerned, he has not yet let us down.

Having been away for the weekend with limited internet access, and having finally reached the end of this thread, can I now throw in my tuppenceworth? To start with, as he is obsessed with "yes/no" answers, I will answer GOAT's question as yes. This, however, is subject to the same results, id est unbeaten in the league and still in 2 out of 3 cups.

I would also like to make some points, some relating to previous posts and some not :

1. As regards Ally standing with his arms folded, I never saw Scot Symon jumping up and down at the side of the pitch and he was not a bad manager.

2. To those wanting a team of youngsters, is this not what hearts are moaning about; their youngsters are being ruined by having to play?

3. As regards the standard of play, If I was being kicked about by lesser quality opponents, I would not try to play silky attractive football. I would rather not have a broken leg. Look at the treatment Black has had to endure with the knowledge that, should he give it back, it is he that will walk.

4. Allied to 3, the standard of refereeing means that opponents will try to stop good attractive play by rough tactics knowing that they will likely get away with it.

1. Different era and different personalities, When we are 4 goals up and cruising Ally is on the touchline applauding and barking out praise and instruction, when we are losing or struggling he visibly shrinks into the background, That is the sign of a poor coach/manager

2. No one has asked for a team of youngsters, most would like a backbone of experienced players surrounded by promising talent with legs, pace and a real desire to play for Rangers, not journeymen topping up their pension and restricting the appearances of young talent.

3. Well get the ball down then and move it quickly, do not dwell in possession and I suspect if a player wants to hurt one of our players he is more likely to do it during the course of a long, hopeful high ball.

4. Fouls and rough tactics are part and parcel of modern football, consistent infringements will be punished. It is easier to hurt a player in a aerial challenge than it is if he gets the ball and moves it quickly.

And who was it brought "touchline management" to Scotland? Ah yes! Jock Stein. So let's all follow the example of c****c! By the way, I have not noticed any posts by rea on this thread. Surely as the potential saviour of our club he must have something to say on this matter.

Exactly mate.

We play in League One, what you'll see is League One football and we are the best team by far at League One football.

Anyone expecting a higher standard of play need only look at how EPL teams experience a drop in their usual flair when playing cup ties against lesser opposition.

McCoist has carried out his duties well under the circumstances.

The hand we were dealt meant we needed someone with the knowledge and attachment to the club he has.

Where he has failed is with his backroom staff. This should have been the place for innovation and development.