What is wrong with our Fitness ?

Davy Cooper 777

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After about 4 minutes on the park Little looked absolutely knackered. After the break, as in the last 4.home games we were second to almost every ball and looked as if we were the part timers. Is it the team talk, cocoa, sedatives which make the team so slow and lethargic in the second half?

Our players will all be fitter than the other teams in the league due to being full time, they neeed to stop getting into bun fights and keep the ball on the deck, pass pass and pass again and then our opponents would be caput by 65min, the way we play we do the work instead of making the ball do the hard work. It kind of like school football at the moment with packs of players chasing the ball, we need back to basics and pass.

One of our problems is pace up front and basic movement, we would be easy to defend against for any well orginised team which Forfar were until the last quarter because we punt the ball up to statues and our midfield have to do too much to support the likes of Daly. We need to build from the back so our midfielders attack from the opponents half giving them half a chance to help instead of watching the ball being punted from the goalie while they are still in our half meaning they are wasting lots of energy trying to make up ground.

The problem with footballer's is that they are over paid big kids who wield far too much power at clubs.

If a coach came into Rangers(could be any scottish club tbh)and said "right lads,we'll be in training from 8am and we will eat together,we will then train from 9 till 12(fitness work) then break for lunch,from 1 till 4 we train again(ball work)

How long do you think the coach would last?

Not long.

Why?

The player's would take the huff and think that they're hard done by.

End result is,the manager would be gone.

It's unbelieveable that many professional players in this country are one footed,how do you become two footed?

Practice practice practice.

Unfortunately this is the footballing culture in this country and i doubt that it will change anytime soon.

3 hours fitness a day :lol:

The problem with footballer's is that they are over paid big kids who wield far too much power at clubs.

If a coach came into Rangers(could be any scottish club tbh)and said "right lads,we'll be in training from 8am and we will eat together,we will then train from 9 till 12(fitness work) then break for lunch,from 1 till 4 we train again(ball work)

How long do you think the coach would last?

Not long.

Why?

The player's would take the huff and think that they're hard done by.

End result is,the manager would be gone.

It's unbelieveable that many professional players in this country are one footed,how do you become two footed?

Practice practice practice.

Unfortunately this is the footballing culture in this country and i doubt that it will change anytime soon.

:lol:

Funny the amount of people on here who dont think fitness is a problem.

How many players have moved to the premiership and said the players are much fitter, stronger and quicker than up here.

Barry ferguson for one.

Now that is nothing to do with ability,that is down to sheer hard graft in the gym.

I don't care how fit you are. As a professional footballer if you keep possession of the ball and the other team are constantly chasing they will tire first. Conversely if you are slack with your passes, fail to retain possession and YOU are the team chasing the ball, no matter how fit you are you will tire.

Possession not fitness is the secret, unfortunately we give the ball away too easily.

During wee Dickie's day that was the main emphasis during training sessions - possession football

I don't care how fit you are. As a professional footballer if you keep possession of the ball and the other team are constantly chasing they will tire first. Conversely if you are slack with your passes, fail to retain possession and YOU are the team chasing the ball, no matter how fit you are you will tire.

Possession not fitness is the secret, unfortunately we give the ball away too easily.

During wee Dickie's day that was the main emphasis during training sessions - possession football

Its 9 am and this is already the most stupid post we will see today.

We must have ball skills AND fitness.

That is why in my earlier post i said we should be doing 3 hours of each a day.

Imagine being a footballer and you can only use one foot.

Fucking ridiculous.

And before anyone mentions coop,how much better would he have been if he could also have used his right foot.

If I was the manager of Rangers. I'd have the players in at 8am in the morning for breakfast, morning training sessions on tactics, technique, coaching the players on skill, or to work on the game ahead, look at videos of the opposition or our last message and tell them what we could do better, etc etc and in the afternoon they would have lunch together and then an hour or two of fitness coaching to build the players up to top level fitness.

It would pay off on the long run. Tiredness wouldn't be an issue in games.

If I was the manager of Rangers. I'd have the players in at 8am in the morning for breakfast, morning training sessions on tactics, technique, coaching the players on skill, or to work on the game ahead, look at videos of the opposition or our last message and tell them what we could do better, etc etc and in the afternoon they would have lunch together and then an hour or two of fitness coaching to build the players up to top level fitness.

The players wouldnt like you for it.

They wouldnt give you 100%.

You'd be out a job in no time.

They're a bunch of spoiled brats.

The players wouldnt like you for it.

They wouldnt give you 100%.

You'd be out a job in no time.

They're a bunch of spoiled brats.

Well the players would be sold and told to get to fuck if that is their (lack of) commitment to Rangers.

Its 9 am and this is already the most stupid post we will see today.

We must have ball skills AND fitness.

That is why in my earlier post i said we should be doing 3 hours of each a day.

Imagine,being a footballer and you can only use one foot.

Fucking ridiculous.

And before anyone mentions coop,how much better would he have been if he could also have used his right foot.

Baxter, ever see him play? No point being fit if you keep giving the ball away, my original point which you carefully skipped over.

Glad to see you have it planned out meticulously.

How would you factor in things like recovery days, U20 matches, travel to away games.

Tell you what goat, give us a daily schedule of how you would train the players.

Even the great Davie Cooper when over weight was only a fraction of the player we all new he could be. He was like a fine wine the older he got the better he got, He was amazing when he left us with Motherwell, all because he learned to look after himself and was fitter.

The skill will always be there but every player tells you that pre season is key to everything.

Goat, can you declare what knowledge/experience you have that allows you to criticise how our coaching/fitness staff prepare the team.

If you're that good mate, you could make a lot of money out of football.