If you had to pick

KingKirk

Before Ferguson left he was the best player in Scotland, the treble season he was untouchable.

His game was never quite the same when he came back so I don't know if he had stayed would he have kicked on from the form he was currently comming off of?

Arteta was a young classy midfielder, he would no doubt have gone on to be a fantastic servant had he stayed.

My head says Arteta but heart would love to have seen Fergie kick on from that sensational form befor he left.

Before Ferguson left he was the best player in Scotland, the treble season he was untouchable.

His game was never quite the same when he came back so I don't know if he had stayed would he have kicked on from the form he was currently comming off of?

Arteta was a young classy midfielder, he would no doubt have gone on to be a fantastic servant had he stayed.

My head says Arteta but heart would love to have seen Fergie kick on from that sensational form befor he left.

Ferguson was untouchable that treble season as U say that was him at the peak of his game.. Imo he wouldn't of kicked on.. The only logical step for him was moving but tbh i don't think he ever reached that standard again.. Maybe improved technically or whatever but defo not to those standards of that season

if memory serves he played with Barry many times, and then was given his chance when Barry moved on. I distinctly remember myself and a lot of bears saying that he was no Barry Ferguson. He was very good, but I felt Barry was better - particularly attacking. Thats my perception anyway.

At the time to remain at Ibrox who would you of gone for Ferguson or arteta?

For me arteta all day long, He would've been the next skipper. Was gutted when he moved on and still wonder why he wasn't given a chance in CM.. Alongside Barry

The point is that Arteta wished to leave and play in the premiership

Ronald De Boer had a lot to do with Barry's form that season, they were brilliant together that season.

Barry Ferguson.

Arteta was class but his ear must have been constantly nipping when he was taking corners at the Copland as I would always be reminding him that he struggles to get the ball over the first man, that was fucking infuriating.

We didn't realise how lucky we were back then with an array of talents, Tugay warming the bench.

If Ferguson kept up his pre Blackburn form then him

Overall Arteta

To be fair mate injuries took their toll on Ferguson. A lot of people don't rate his second spell but he played through pain for a long time for the club and still commanded the squad in a way thats never been seen since. Can you imagine if we had him bossing the squad the now? We'd be doing a hell of a lot more damage to teams.

This isn't a call to get him back btw, before the usual suspects come out with that!

I'm sure Arteta cited homesickness for wanting to leave, he ended up at Everton 6 months later and has lived in England for nearly a decade.

Aye.

I think you could be right as I read this I distinctly remember being like wtf!?! after hearing of his move to everton as he had previously stated homesickness.

Am sure there was more behind him wanting to leave, can't remember the exact reason tho

aye we were fucking rooked, arteta started the season he left in blistering form as well, but his "desire" to leave meant his form dipped, or rather the desire for the club to cash in on him (yet we made a loss, great business that)

out of both id have preferred arteta anyday of the week, look at how both fergie and artetas careers panned out and there is no comparison,

for all the hype and glory that fergie was his first time here, we received no concrete bids from big clubs for him, same goes for mcgregor, they flatter to deceive in scottish football