UEFA rules allow SFA to build bridges

iang2911

To be fair, I get what everyone is saying, and obviously agree that it's the right thing to do, but we would still need the SFA to allow us the licence to play by lifting the ban that's placed on us, and therefore doing us a "favour".

But that chances of them doing that are slim-to-f*ck all. It doesn't matter how many times we could get found not guilty folk will still say we were "morally wrong", or whatever, and throw up their arms if we are seen to be getting anything that is a lifting of any punishment.

I think the fact that Hearts' signing embargo wasn't lifted gives people even more ammo. And the powers that be the excuse not to lift it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I get what everyone is saying, and obviously agree that it's the right thing to do, but we would still need the SFA to allow us the licence to play by lifting the ban that's placed on us, and therefore doing us a "favour".

But that chances of them doing that are slim-to-f*ck all. It doesn't matter how many times we could get found not guilty folk will still say we were "morally wrong", or whatever, and throw up their arms if we are seen to be getting anything that is a lifting of any punishment.

I think the fact that Hearts' signing embargo wasn't lifted gives people even more ammo. And the powers that be the excuse not to lift it.

There is no ban. We are currently ineligible because of a change to our corporate structure and therefore we haven't submitted audited accounts for 3 consecutive years. All the SFA would be required to do would be to put is forward for the EL and UEFA will make the decision (as they do with every team). There's no favours being done by anyone.

It's a fair point, arguably, but it's the same mentality that our diddy teams adopt and I find it hard to swallow as a proud Ranger (maybe that's my problem though). I just don't want to see us getting humped by some 3rd rate Romanian mob, but thinking it's ok because it means we got to pay some bills for a few months.

What were Malmo and Maribor?