UEFA rules allow SFA to build bridges

iang2911

There would be another revolt by the fans of other clubs, threatening not to buy seasons tickets again. They just all hate us.............for being great and wholesome and all that they will never be!

We live in hope - they seem to have something of a penchant for being revolting .

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being totally honest I wouldn't ask those bastards for any help in anything !

I would query this one though, at least we'll annoy them and highlight their "integrity".

And at best, who knows, would be worth a punt, even to just gauge their reaction.

It's a no go with the SFA. Why would Peter let a rival earn cash when he can stop it?

He's the cunt who started all the punishment threats, and specifically the attempted retrospective title pinch.

And if that wasn't enough their bigoted hordes would be campaigning against it like it was injustice akin to segregation and former Secretary of State for Scotland, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland ,Chairman of the Labour Party, Minister without Portfolio, Leader of the House of Commons and Lord ,,President of the Council, Secretary of State for Health, Secretary of State for Defence, Home Secretary and Lord, nay, Baron Reid would be leading the cry that his poor wee downtrodden people would be morally wronged by this. Even Galloway would back him up and those two cunts hate each other.

It's a no go with the SFA. Why would Peter let a rival earn cash when he can stop it?

He's the cunt who started all the punishment threats, and specifically the attempted retrospective title pinch.

And if that wasn't enough their bigoted hordes would be campaigning against it like it was injustice akin to segregation and former Secretary of State for Scotland, Secretary of State for Northern Ireland ,Chairman of the Labour Party, Minister without Portfolio, Leader of the House of Commons and Lord ,,President of the Council, Secretary of State for Health, Secretary of State for Defence, Home Secretary and Lord, nay, Baron Reid would be leading the cry that his poor wee downtrodden people would be morally wronged by this. Even Galloway would back him up and those two cunts hate each other.

Well put!

Lol

If (and I do still think it is a big if) we do win the scottish cup then the club has to fight for this for a number of reasons -

1. I'm sure a new club has to wait 3 years to be eligible to play in Europe with no exceptions so if we get in through this rule (and don't see why not) it will shut all those bitter fuckers up once an for all (and I mean across the board)

2. It will give the players invaluable european experience and playing better opposition and will get them ready for next season in the process

3. This can have a knock on effect - look at st johnstone this year

4. sponsoship deals can be renegotiated due to exposure

5. will give us more exposure and show everyone we are back and we can attract better players for our return to the top due to this

this is just some benefits, i'm sure there are more

new club?

There's a very good reason (in their minds) why they won't allow this, and that is that c****c might not even qualify for the EL never mind the CL next season. Can you imagine the uproar if Rangers were to be the only Scottish team in Europe after the qualification rounds? The problem they have is if they don't make an application on our behalf and Rangers decide to fight it the SFA could be left looking pretty dam stupid if we went over their heads and complained to UEFA on the grounds that we were being discriminated against due to grounds unproven or proven o have been false. That is of course if they aren't too busy trying to find away not to punish a club for financial doping and dodgy and deals.

new club?

I think he is saying that if we were a new club, it would be an issue, but since we are not then their should not be a problem.

At the end of the day, the SFA can feck us over if they like. They have to use their discretion over the 3 years of accounts rule. They worked round it for allowing us into the SFL3, but I cant see them doing it for us getting into Europe.

I hope I am mistaken though, if we did manage to get into the European places, it would go some way to building some kind of relationship back with the governing bodies if they went to bat for us.

Not holding my breath though.

would playing in the Europa cup on Thursday nights be appealing to us next season.it might be a step to far for us. lets win the trophies that we are competing for this season then concentrate on doing it all over again next season without the hindrance of Thursday night football. knowing the sfa they would have us playing the Monday before or Saturday midday after

Course it would. I'm missing European football more than the Old Firm games.

As stated on another thread yesterday before this was started, the club are in possession of the facts of this already and are 100% fully aware of it......though it was the old regime. Should it come to pass, then it will be revisited and my belief is that it is the club who apply rather than the SFA.

Would like also to see a link to the article referred to.

Below is from 7 months ago about the rule. (tu)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=256738&st=40&hl=europe#entry1061264664

(tu)

Well said. However, hypothetically if we were to find ourselves in this position I would want us to push for it. The sooner we get back into Europe the better - it's all about making £ at the end of the day.

Being in the Europa League is by no means a guaranteed money spinner. In fact, some sides have actually lost money in this competition.

That said, I'd love to see us in european competition next season.

As stated on another thread yesterday before this was started, the club are in possession of the facts of this already and are 100% fully aware of it......though it was the old regime. Should it come to pass, then it will be revisited and my belief is that it is the club who apply rather than the SFA.

Would like also to see a link to the article referred to.

Below is from 7 months ago about the rule. (tu)

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=256738&st=40&hl=europe#entry1061264664

(tu)

Thanks TLM. you may be right that the club can apply. I'm going to re read when I get to a PC.