UEFA rules allow SFA to build bridges

iang2911

A major problem for the SFA is the fact that we have been found not guilty of tax evasion and financial doping. So other than having been the victim of a con artist Rangers have not actually done anything wrong. Given that it will be very awkward for the SFA not to apply for a licence for European football on our behalf because if we go over their heads they will have to answer some very awkward questions regarding our treatment as having presumed guilty prior to proper investigations and their continuation to apply these punishment after having been found innocent.

With c****c already being looked at by the EU authorities in connection to land deals do they really want to open up a can of worms with UEFA regarding their behaviour towards Ranges as it could shed light on how certain people got their jobs and on whose referral. Remember Rangers are viewed very differently by the press outside of the UK and have already had a lot of attention regarding how we have been treated. I really have no doubt that things will be made very difficult for us on the pitch in coming cup tie to try and avoid this situation altogether.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated on another thread yesterday before this was started, the club are in possession of the facts of this already and are 100% fully aware of it......though it was the old regime. Should it come to pass, then it will be revisited and my belief is that it is the club who apply rather than the SFA.

Would like also to see a link to the article referred to.

Below is from 7 months ago about the rule. (tu)

http://forum.rangers...entry1061264664

(tu)

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...0_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Extraordinary UEFA Application

ANNEX IV: Extraordinary application of the club licensing system

1. The UEFA administration defines the necessary deadlines and the minimum

criteria for the extraordinary application of the club licensing system as specified

in Article 15(1) and communicates them to the UEFA member associations at

the latest by 31 August of the year preceding the licence season.

2. UEFA member associations must notify the UEFA administration of such

extraordinary application requests in writing and stating the name of the club

concerned by the deadline communicated by the UEFA administration.

3. The UEFA member associations are responsible for submitting the criteria to the

club concerned for the assessment for the extraordinary procedure at national

level. They must also take immediate action with the club concerned to prepare

for the extraordinary procedure.

4. The club concerned must provide the necessary documentary proof to the

licensor that will assess the club against the fixed minimum standards and

forward the following documentation in one of the UEFA official languages to the

UEFA administration by the deadline communicated by the latter:

a) a written request to apply for special permission to enter the corresponding

UEFA club competition;

b) a recommendation by the licensor based on its assessment (including the

dates and names of the persons having assessed the club);

c) all documentary evidence provided by the club and the licensor as requested

by the UEFA administration;

d) any other documents requested by the UEFA administration during the

extraordinary procedure.

5. The UEFA administration bases its decision on the documentation received and

grants special permission to enter the UEFA club competitions if all the set

criteria are fulfilled and if the club ultimately qualifies on sporting merit. The

decision will be communicated to the UEFA member association, which has to

forward it to the club concerned.

6. If such a club is eliminated on sporting merit during this extraordinary procedure,

the UEFA member association concerned has to notify the UEFA administration

immediately, and this procedure is immediately terminated, without further

decision. Such a terminated procedure cannot be restarted at a later stage.

7. Appeals can be lodged against decisions made by the UEFA administration in

writing before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in accordance with the

relevant provisions laid down in the UEFA Statutes.

So, according to this, we the club have to apply to the licensor, the SFA, for consideration for them to forward a request to Uefa. Quite apart from any resistance from the cabal, we would have to overcome time restraints. This application should be sent now. Although the whole request would be based hypothetically on us winning the SC, look at the first line in para 6. Uefa it appears, has anticipated such a scenario. If we don't win the cup, then they just drop the application.

If we do win the cup and wait until May, and the EL qualifiers start in July, then we give the SFA further reason not to start the application, i.e. not enough time.

Also, it would appear that we have to apply in the season before we wish to participate.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/...0_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Extraordinary UEFA Application

ANNEX IV: Extraordinary application of the club licensing system

1. The UEFA administration defines the necessary deadlines and the minimum

criteria for the extraordinary application of the club licensing system as specified

in Article 15(1) and communicates them to the UEFA member associations at

the latest by 31 August of the year preceding the licence season.

2. UEFA member associations must notify the UEFA administration of such

extraordinary application requests in writing and stating the name of the club

concerned by the deadline communicated by the UEFA administration.

3. The UEFA member associations are responsible for submitting the criteria to the

club concerned for the assessment for the extraordinary procedure at national

level. They must also take immediate action with the club concerned to prepare

for the extraordinary procedure.

4. The club concerned must provide the necessary documentary proof to the

licensor that will assess the club against the fixed minimum standards and

forward the following documentation in one of the UEFA official languages to the

UEFA administration by the deadline communicated by the latter:

a) a written request to apply for special permission to enter the corresponding

UEFA club competition;

b) a recommendation by the licensor based on its assessment (including the

dates and names of the persons having assessed the club);

c) all documentary evidence provided by the club and the licensor as requested

by the UEFA administration;

d) any other documents requested by the UEFA administration during the

extraordinary procedure.

5. The UEFA administration bases its decision on the documentation received and

grants special permission to enter the UEFA club competitions if all the set

criteria are fulfilled and if the club ultimately qualifies on sporting merit. The

decision will be communicated to the UEFA member association, which has to

forward it to the club concerned.

6. If such a club is eliminated on sporting merit during this extraordinary procedure,

the UEFA member association concerned has to notify the UEFA administration

immediately, and this procedure is immediately terminated, without further

decision. Such a terminated procedure cannot be restarted at a later stage.

7. Appeals can be lodged against decisions made by the UEFA administration in

writing before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) in accordance with the

relevant provisions laid down in the UEFA Statutes.

So, according to this, we the club have to apply to the licensor, the SFA, for consideration for them to forward a request to Uefa. Quite apart from any resistance from the cabal, we would have to overcome time restraints. This application should be sent now. Although the whole request would be based hypothetically on us winning the SC, look at the first line in para 6. Uefa it appears, has anticipated such a scenario. If we don't win the cup, then they just drop the application.

If we do win the cup and wait until May, and the EL qualifiers start in July, then we give the SFA further reason not to start the application, i.e. not enough time.

Also, it would appear that we have to apply in the season before we wish to participate.

Which is why I brought it up now. No reason to wait to see if we win it it even get to the final.

The thought of Rangers being in Europe gives you the boak?

You have a female penchant for deliberate misinterpretation it seems.

The thought of the SFA (and the usual anti-rangers media outlets) running round telling everyone that we've received a 'big favour' or a 'helping hand' is what gives me the heaves. We don't need favours from a corrupt organisation, we can do it ourselves.

Not too bothered either way to be fair, would be great to get back into Europe but it costs more in the earlier rounds of the Europa than it actually brings in for the team and it will also highlight the bias of the SPFL/SFA against Rangers if we did win the SC and they did not even attempt to get this passed through.

The thought of the SFA (and the usual anti-rangers media outlets) running round telling everyone that we've received a 'big favour' or a 'helping hand' is what gives me the heaves. We don't need favours from a corrupt organisation, we can do it ourselves.

It's not a favour if it is the right thing to do

Can see your point though

If ever the SFA wish to bring back and show some Sporting Integrity something that was lost in the witch hunt on us this would be the perfect opportunity, I wouldnt see it as a helping hand but a football body doing its job based on what is right for Scottish football not what one other team wants. However if we could play in Europe how sick would the bheast from the east be lol

It's not a big favour, or a helping hand or even a 'solid' it's what is right. It's what Scottish football fans demand under the banner of sporting integrity.

We aren't asking for a favour and if we won the SC them we will have done it ourselves.

How do we do that?

Do we forge the request for licence, or do we just kidnap the opposing european team when they land in Scotland, carry them to Ibrox and make them play us, then hope Uefa dont notice that we didnt have a licence?

How do we do that?

Do we forge the request for licence, or do we just kidnap the opposing european team when they land in Scotland, carry them to Ibrox and make them play us, then hope Uefa dont notice that we didnt have a licence?

No we just sit back and let, hopefully, the runners up in the cup take our place in the Europa League.

How do we do that?

We wait for the required 3 years before 'natural' entry to Europe; no fast-track requests which rely on perceived 'favours' from an organisation which gleefully contributed to our original downfall.

Besides that, the harsh reality is that we'd get royally humped in Europe if we went into it with the same team we have just now. Bide our time, build the team and get to a position where we can actually compete in Europe.

We wait for the required 3 years before 'natural' entry to Europe; no fast-track requests which rely on perceived 'favours' from an organisation which gleefully contributed to our original downfall.

Besides that, the harsh reality is that we'd get royally humped in Europe if we went into it with the same team we have just now. Bide our time, build the team and get to a position where we can actually compete in Europe.

using the rulebook isn't a favour regardless of how you want to paint it. Do the SFA do us a favour by letting us use substitutes?

using the rulebook isn't a favour regardless of how you want to paint it. Do the SFA do us a favour by letting us use substitutes?

It's perception (as in the use of my word 'perceived'), which will give rise to every newspaper, radio phone in, rabid blogger, tarrier and Jim Delahunt to keep telling us that we somehow needed a leg-up to help us back on our feet (no doubt spun that if they didn't 'help' us then we would have gone into admin 2). Reagan and Doncaster's faces will then be heroically framed on the back of the Rebel insisting that all is forgiven, we need to move on and how they've single-handedly saved us all from certain double doom.

I'd rather not, but feel free to just carry on being glib.

It's perception (as in the use of my word 'perceived'), which will give rise to every newspaper, radio phone in, rabid blogger, tarrier and Jim Delahunt to keep telling us that we somehow needed a leg-up to help us back on our feet (no doubt spun that if they didn't 'help' us then we would have gone into admin 2). Reagan and Doncaster's faces will then be heroically framed on the back of the Rebel insisting that all is forgiven, we need to move on and how they've single-handedly saved us all from certain double doom.

I'd rather not, but feel free to just carry on being glib.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what they say. They told us our club was dead, they were wrong.

They said admin 2 was happening every week since newco. They were wrong.

They said Wallace had resigned. They were wrong.

If they say we needed a favour to get into Europe then let them. They'll be wrong.

If you feel the need to have our existence and success validated by the likes of Delahunt and Ill Phil fire away. I'll continue dismissing anything that comes out their mouths.

I couldn't give a flying fuck what they say. They told us our club was dead, they were wrong.

They said admin 2 was happening every week since newco. They were wrong.

They said Wallace had resigned. They were wrong.

If they say we needed a favour to get into Europe then let them. They'll be wrong.

If you feel the need to have our existence and success validated by the likes of Delahunt and Ill Phil fire away. I'll continue dismissing anything that comes out their mouths.

Ok then, let me take this argument another way (because you sound like you're starting a call to arms). Why would you want us in Europe next year? How do you seriously think we would fare against European opposition with our current squad, bearing in mind we will have no money for 'better' players prior to a Euro campaign?

We're currently grinding out results in the 3rd tier of Scottish football and debating about whether or not we could beat St Johnstone, but you genuinely think it would be a grand idea for us to have a crack at Europe next year?

Ok then, let me take this argument another way (because you sound like you're starting a call to arms). Why would you want us in Europe next year? How do you seriously think we would fare against European opposition with our current squad, bearing in mind we will have no money for 'better' players prior to a Euro campaign?

We're currently grinding out results in the 3rd tier of Scottish football and debating about whether or not we could beat St Johnstone, but you genuinely think it would be a grand idea for us to have a crack at Europe next year?

It brings in much needed extra revenue in the form of gate reciepts, sponsorship and entry money.

If we get through even one qualifier, it will raise our co-efficient giving us a better chance for the next time we get entry.

It brings in much needed extra revenue in the form of gate reciepts, sponsorship and entry money.

If we get through even one qualifier, it will raise our co-efficient giving us a better chance for the next time we get entry.

It's a fair point, arguably, but it's the same mentality that our diddy teams adopt and I find it hard to swallow as a proud Ranger (maybe that's my problem though). I just don't want to see us getting humped by some 3rd rate Romanian mob, but thinking it's ok because it means we got to pay some bills for a few months.

Sporting Integrity.

Why shouldn't the cup winners represent their country in Europe?

I can count on one hand how many times we've went into Europe in the last 20 year's and not feared a humping. If that's why we shouldn't do it then we should just pass on it every year. As MM said it'll bring revenue, coefficient points should boost the New kit sponsor deal thanks to the added visibility

Sporting Integrity.

Why shouldn't the cup winners represent their country in Europe?

I can count on one hand how many times we've went into Europe in the last 20 year's and not feared a humping. If that's why we shouldn't do it then we should just pass on it every year. As MM said it'll bring revenue, coefficient points should boost the New kit sponsor deal thanks to the added visibility

Ah, I see, you're a 'point prover'. Crack on then.