How's this work

1st_Jan_1994

If we draw Aberdeen in the semis at Ibrox

We all know they're entitled to 50% which is fair enough

But if they can't sell out 25k tickets do the SFA step in and amend things? What I mean is can Aberdeen purposely put in for their 50% knowing fine well they won't fill it just to fuck us up for having less fans there and it's no loss to them as technically it's not their ticket money they are losing or would the SFA step in and mediate?

I hate the thought of them getting out main stand and enclosures etc but it might be an idea to give them that 15 thousand as giving them only the Govan isn't practical safety wise as they'd be pinned in between two full stands of Rangers

Also if they draw us at Ibrox and win, will they celebrate breaking the 28 year hoodoo like there's no tomorrow - or are we really a new club with no history? ;)

Hi 1st Jan,

just to pull you up on a minor point, I think the away team in the cup gets a share of the gate, so it would be their money they're losing. TBH I think the Jap would try and force us to keep those seats empty to deny us cash.

Hi 1st Jan,

just to pull you up on a minor point, I think the away team in the cup gets a share of the gate, so it would be their money their wasting. TBH I think the Jap would try and force us to keep those seats empty to deny us cash.

Yeah I know they get a share but I think they would rather have less Rangers fans there

You think either of those could sell 25,000 for a semi?

Aberdeen could and if the continue to improve under mccinnes and feel they have a real chance then they would fill that allocation.

I get where the OP is coming from though and logistically it could prove quite difficult to segregate it especially when you add in all the cooroerate seats that will be filling the main stand....

They'll do similar as they do at Hampden. Try sell the tickets in a manner which if Aberdeen were to send tickets back then it would be easier to segregate. Ie

Do you think they would give them the 7.5 k in the Broomloan then where would they work across after that? Unsure about Govan segregation as there's Bar72 and those guys get their cup seats for free as part of the deal

Start working across into the main stand you can't segregate that - unless they just get the West Enclosure and leave the main stand and club deck above that empty and give us the east side of it - then that still leaves thousands of empty seats

It would honestly be easier just giving them 15 k main stand, club deck and enclosures IMO

Well considering corperate tickets and the like, say 10,000, that would leave 40,000, which should be split 15,000/25,000, if either one of them can manage that. Just give whoever arrives the Broomloan and be done with it. I really don't think they'll be that many of them, especially at Ibrox.

Do you think they would give them the 7.5 k in the Broomloan then where would they work across after that? Unsure about Govan segregation as there's Bar72 and those guys get their cup seats for free as part of the deal

Start working across into the main stand you can't segregate that - unless they just get the West Enclosure and leave the main stand and club deck above that empty and give us the east side of it - then that still leaves thousands of empty seats

It would honestly be easier just giving them 15 k main stand, club deck and enclosures IMO

Sounds about right. Not sure about bar 72 though as its a 'neutral' game and not a home fixture. I'd expect. In an even split Wed got main stand and Copland and they would get broomie and Govan.

Well considering corperate tickets and the like, say 10,000, that would leave 40,000, which should be split 15,000/25,000, if either one of them can manage that. Just give whoever arrives the Broomloan and be done with it. I really don't think they'll be that many of them, especially at Ibrox.

I don't think it will be that easy they will take considerably more than the Broomloan but not quite enough for 50%

Hopefully we just draw them at Ibrox in the next round - even if we need to give them 20%

Sounds about right. Not sure about bar 72 though as its a 'neutral' game and not a home fixture. I'd expect. In an even split Wed got main stand and Copland and they would get broomie and Govan.

Fair point re Bar 72 being a neutral game that will be how they will justify getting the Govan

Could probably half the Govan with a good police presence if needle

I don't think it will be that easy they will take considerably more than the Broomloan but not quite enough for 50%

Hopefully we just draw them at Ibrox in the next round - even if we need to give them 20%

It won't be easy because the SFA are organising it, but I do doubt they'll have much more than 15,000 wanting to come to Ibrox. Some will love the idea, and then again there'll be just as many not wanting to come near the place, as they might put it.

To be honest, I think the sheep and possibly Dundee United are the only clubs left in the competition capable of taking up their full allocation, apart from Rangers obviously.

The sheep could, no chance on Dundee Utd. They couldn't even take up their full allocation against us in the cup final in 2008 at a time we were struggling to beat them in all competitions.