Titanfall Beta

Mor3los_1

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many disappointed PS4 owners greeting they are not getting Titanfall...haha

Game is outstanding...Yaaaaasss!!!

This will be you when the reviews hit.....

tumblr_m86v1pbGsD1ryu3g1o1_250.gif

My god your still bleeting on about this...It's hit you really hard eh! Poor guy...Your taking Titanfall waaaaaaay to seriously...You know gaming is about having fun right? It's not about grown men greeting on the internet! Prozac for you...

Grow up and stop ruining the thread, some of us are trying to get information on this game ya idiot.

Grow up and stop ruining the thread, some of us are trying to get information on this game ya idiot.

I think you need to re-read your posts..It's not right the way your behaving...infact it's really worrying..it's like your on the verge of a nervous breakdown...I'd get yourself to the doctors as soon as.

Xboxone mate. Absolutely awful.

Starting to regret not getting a PS4 if I'm honest.

Tbh seen a fair few say that mate, hopefully it will get better but I got the PS4 because I knew it wouldnt let me down gaming wise.

The Order is the one to look out for on that (tu)

Proper information...

Is there any game out there as hotly anticipated as Titanfall? Probably not. Sure, you’ll find a lot of people excited about Dark Souls II or Bungie’s Destiny, but there’s a buzz about Respawn Entertainment’s debut that we haven’t seen for a while. In a way, it’s being seen as the game that might do for the Xbox One and this console generation what Call of Duty: Modern Warfare did last time around: redefining the multiplayer shooter for new hardware and new times. The fact that Respawn’s Vince Zampella helped design the pivotal CoD is a factor, and in fact you can check out the team page and find numerous artists, developers and designers who worked on Modern Warfare and its sequel.

Titanfall is also a key game for Xbox One and Microsoft’s vision of next-gen gaming. While not quite an Xbox One exclusive – it’s coming to PC and (eventually) Xbox 360 – Titanfall is a potential system seller. If it can just bring a portion of CoD’s fanbase over to Xbox One, then it might help Microsoft catch up with Sony’s lead in the next-gen console race.

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/titanfall_Games_review#2PjEztWs5mqLt9ik.99

Well, having played the beta code for over three hours, we suspect that Titanfall will live up to even these expectations. Forget Battlefield 4 and leave Call of Duty: Ghosts sprawling in the mud; this is the freshest and most engaging online shooter we’ve played in years.

Read more at http://www.trustedreviews.com/titanfall_Games_review#2PjEztWs5mqLt9ik.99

By now you probably know the basics. In the distant future on a distant planet a war is raging, causing chaos and destruction all around. On the one side we have the Interstellar Mining Corporation (IMC) on the other an insurrectionary militia, and the core weapon in both side’s armoury is the titan; a gigantic mech festooned with heavy weaponry and armour, and piloted by jetpack-packing warriors of incredible daring and agility.

Players work in teams of up to six on either side, fighting first on foot and then, when available for air-drop, in their titans. This turns each map into effectively two battlefields, with some pilots scrapping it out in their 25ft war machines, while others carry on the battle on the ground below.

The beta contains two maps and three play modes: Attrition, Last Titan Standing and Hardpoint Domination. The first is basically team deathmatch, where you blast away at the enemy and their titans until the time runs out. The second is a variation on the old ‘last man standing’ play mode, where each player starts in a titan, and the game ends when – you guessed it – only one remains. The third is a classic control point mode where pilots fight to seize and hold control of three data hardpoints so that vital files can be stolen. The titans here play a support role, using superior firepower to hold the opposing team at bay, or providing a vehicle for daring raids on enemy camps.

OK, we know what you’re thinking: isn’t this just Call of Duty meets Battlefield 2142? However, what Titanfall gets so right is the contrast between the hulking, heavily armed titans and the agile, ultra-mobile pilots. The latter don’t just do the usual CoD/Battlefield tricks of running, jumping and mantling, but can run along walls, jetpack upwards and mantle onto rooftops. They can even take huge leaps with their jetpacks, using a nifty double-jump technique.

This gives Titanfall a completely different feel to any other shooter, with the possible exception of Tribes Ascend. Not only can your troops move fast, but with practice you can use your momentum and chain wall-runs, jumps and mantles together, flipping elegantly from wall to wall to gain height and position, or using the jetpack to pull off daring airborne feats.

Pilot agility also shakes up the maps, particularly in Hardpoint. There’s no point defending a hardpoint upstairs by camping nearby and watching the staircase. The opposition might hit you with a wall-running, double-jumping combo to break in through the central atrium, or they might simply take you from the roof.

You can also forget about any preconceptions you have about slow-moving, stomping mechs. Speedy thrust moves enable the titans to strafe rapidly from side to side or push forwards or fall back. And on top of their primary weapon – a high-powered cannon, chaingun or quad-missile launcher in the beta – they have an off-hand secondary missile launcher and (in the preset builds) a vortex shield.

The latter is inspired; at a pull of the left trigger, your titan raises an outstretched hand in front of them, emitting a wide force-shield. This doesn’t simply halt but gathers any incoming projectiles. Release the trigger, and these are then spat out at the opponent in your crosshairs, giving them a nasty taste of their own medicine.

The surprising thing is how well the two scales of combat interact. On the one hand, the titans can cheerfully blast away at the puny-looking pilots racing around on the ground, though a good player is hard to get a bead on and special cloaking abilities can render foot soldiers all but invisible. On the other hand, each pilot packs an anti-titan weapon of some sort, fully capable of taking down a titan if you can get enough shots off.

Pilots can also interact with the titans in other ways. Jet onto an enemy titan and you can blast away at its head casing, wrecking it before it can shake you off. Land on a friendly titan and you can take up a position on the shoulder, blasting away with whatever weapons you can muster. Of course, it goes both ways. If Titans melee attack a near-wrecked enemy titan, they can actually rip the pilot out of the bodywork and hurl them across the map; usually with painful results.

Titanfall-Screen-1.jpg

Summary

Page 1: Titanfall: Hands-on with the beta 12 Photos Best Prices

Review Price to be confirmed

Compare all prices

Titanfall: Hands-on with the beta

Can Titanfall deliver on the hype? Probably.

Is there any game out there as hotly anticipated as Titanfall? Probably not. Sure, you’ll find a lot of people excited about Dark Souls II or Bungie’s Destiny, but there’s a buzz about Respawn Entertainment’s debut that we haven’t seen for a while. In a way, it’s being seen as the game that might do for the Xbox One and this console generation what Call of Duty: Modern Warfare did last time around: redefining the multiplayer shooter for new hardware and new times. The fact that Respawn’s Vince Zampella helped design the pivotal CoD is a factor, and in fact you can check out the team page and find numerous artists, developers and designers who worked on Modern Warfare and its sequel.

Titanfall is also a key game for Xbox One and Microsoft’s vision of next-gen gaming. While not quite an Xbox One exclusive – it’s coming to PC and (eventually) Xbox 360 – Titanfall is a potential system seller. If it can just bring a portion of CoD’s fanbase over to Xbox One, then it might help Microsoft catch up with Sony’s lead in the next-gen console race.

Watch the action packed Titanfall trailer:

SEE ALSO: Xbox One vs PS4

Well, having played the beta code for over three hours, we suspect that Titanfall will live up to even these expectations. Forget Battlefield 4 and leave Call of Duty: Ghosts sprawling in the mud; this is the freshest and most engaging online shooter we’ve played in years.

By now you probably know the basics. In the distant future on a distant planet a war is raging, causing chaos and destruction all around. On the one side we have the Interstellar Mining Corporation (IMC) on the other an insurrectionary militia, and the core weapon in both side’s armoury is the titan; a gigantic mech festooned with heavy weaponry and armour, and piloted by jetpack-packing warriors of incredible daring and agility.

Players work in teams of up to six on either side, fighting first on foot and then, when available for air-drop, in their titans. This turns each map into effectively two battlefields, with some pilots scrapping it out in their 25ft war machines, while others carry on the battle on the ground below.

The beta contains two maps and three play modes: Attrition, Last Titan Standing and Hardpoint Domination. The first is basically team deathmatch, where you blast away at the enemy and their titans until the time runs out. The second is a variation on the old ‘last man standing’ play mode, where each player starts in a titan, and the game ends when – you guessed it – only one remains. The third is a classic control point mode where pilots fight to seize and hold control of three data hardpoints so that vital files can be stolen. The titans here play a support role, using superior firepower to hold the opposing team at bay, or providing a vehicle for daring raids on enemy camps.

OK, we know what you’re thinking: isn’t this just Call of Duty meets Battlefield 2142? However, what Titanfall gets so right is the contrast between the hulking, heavily armed titans and the agile, ultra-mobile pilots. The latter don’t just do the usual CoD/Battlefield tricks of running, jumping and mantling, but can run along walls, jetpack upwards and mantle onto rooftops. They can even take huge leaps with their jetpacks, using a nifty double-jump technique.

This gives Titanfall a completely different feel to any other shooter, with the possible exception of Tribes Ascend. Not only can your troops move fast, but with practice you can use your momentum and chain wall-runs, jumps and mantles together, flipping elegantly from wall to wall to gain height and position, or using the jetpack to pull off daring airborne feats.

Pilot agility also shakes up the maps, particularly in Hardpoint. There’s no point defending a hardpoint upstairs by camping nearby and watching the staircase. The opposition might hit you with a wall-running, double-jumping combo to break in through the central atrium, or they might simply take you from the roof.

You can also forget about any preconceptions you have about slow-moving, stomping mechs. Speedy thrust moves enable the titans to strafe rapidly from side to side or push forwards or fall back. And on top of their primary weapon – a high-powered cannon, chaingun or quad-missile launcher in the beta – they have an off-hand secondary missile launcher and (in the preset builds) a vortex shield.

The latter is inspired; at a pull of the left trigger, your titan raises an outstretched hand in front of them, emitting a wide force-shield. This doesn’t simply halt but gathers any incoming projectiles. Release the trigger, and these are then spat out at the opponent in your crosshairs, giving them a nasty taste of their own medicine.

The surprising thing is how well the two scales of combat interact. On the one hand, the titans can cheerfully blast away at the puny-looking pilots racing around on the ground, though a good player is hard to get a bead on and special cloaking abilities can render foot soldiers all but invisible. On the other hand, each pilot packs an anti-titan weapon of some sort, fully capable of taking down a titan if you can get enough shots off.

Pilots can also interact with the titans in other ways. Jet onto an enemy titan and you can blast away at its head casing, wrecking it before it can shake you off. Land on a friendly titan and you can take up a position on the shoulder, blasting away with whatever weapons you can muster. Of course, it goes both ways. If Titans melee attack a near-wrecked enemy titan, they can actually rip the pilot out of the bodywork and hurl them across the map; usually with painful results.

Watch the Titanfall gameplay demo:

Now, you’ve probably heard some of the moaning about having ‘only’ six players on each side, but Titanfall never feels anything less than frantic. As well as the players, the maps are filled with regularly respawning AI ‘grunts.’ These provide support for the players on the battlefield, but also easy targets for the pilots. You can pick one off and grab his weapon, and chain kills together to boost your post-match experience tally. However, grunts also perform another function. Normally, you face a two minute wait between titans, but by taking down the grunts and other pilots you can reduce the wait time. In practice, this works really, really well.

Once the titans join the fray the grunts are joined by a higher class of AI fighter, the spectre, who puts up more of a fight. The titans, meanwhile, have their own AI, which can be activated when you need to step out of the cockpit. You can set them to follow you or hold a position, giving you a ride in and out of a hardpoint raid, or – effectively – walking artillery to watch your back.

Titanfall has a standard FPS class system, with Rifleman and Assassin the opening classes in the beta version. These start with different primary weapons – a carbine and a sneaky auto-pistol – and different anti-titan weapons, a rocket launcher and a rapid-fire anti-armour gun.

Experience won in matches gains you levels, and the chance to unlock a new class, the shotgun wielding CQB, and eventually custom builds for pilots and titans. With further levels you can also earn access to new weapons, plus what the game calls ‘burn cards’; powerful perks that you can activate on the battlefield which last until your pilot dies. Examples we saw in the beta include unlimited, titan-wrecking arc grenades or reduced titan wait times.

Perhaps the nicest touch is the endgame for some game modes. Rather than a simple ‘Victory’ or ‘Defeat’ display, the losers have to make their way to a dropship extraction, while the winners get the chance to hunt them down. It’s a final chance to claw back a little honour, or to rub the losers’ faces in the dirt.

Graphically, Titanfall might not look a huge step on from cross-gen titles like Call of Duty: Ghosts, or the sterling work DICE pulled off in Battlefield 4. Watch it in action, however, and it’s a different story. It’s impressively slick and dynamic, with every inch of the screen crammed with activity, and there’s a real attention to detail in the industrial design of the titans, and even the animation when you enter and exit your mech. And while we can’t be sure, it all seems to run at a smooth 60fps – which you’ll appreciate when your pilot is dashing and wall-running around.

We played on two maps, Fracture and Angel City, with the first a large mixed wilderness and industrial zone with rugged cliffs and ruined buildings, and the second a war-ravaged urban area with several buildings to explore and rooftops to race across. Both maps have a fantastic flow, doubtless born of extensive testing, and both make a nice canvas for all the inevitable destruction.

Does the beta leave us with any questions? A few. We still don’t understand how the game works on a narrative level, though we understand that matches will be played out as episodes in a longer campaign, with scene-setting pre-match briefings as you fly into action. There will be opportunity to see each skirmish from either side, and Respawn isn’t making either faction the heroes or the villains. Both sides have a valid point of view.

The important thing right now, though, is that the game as it is fun, furious and stupidly compulsive. We played two maps and three modes for three solid hours, and would happily have played for three more. We might not even have stopped to eat or visit the bathroom while we did it – that’s how addictive Titanfall can be.

First Impressions: We can't wait

Titanfall isn’t a radical reinvention of the online FPS, but it innovates and enhances where it counts. The ultra-mobile pilots and heavily-armed titans transform the flow of action, and the interaction between the two scales of battle shows design ingenuity and smarts. If two maps and three game modes feel this good, we can’t wait to play the finished game.

I think you need to re-read your posts..It's not right the way your behaving...infact it's really worrying..it's like your on the verge of a nervous breakdown...I'd get yourself to the doctors as soon as.

Anything relevant to add which is on topic?

Deary me

Tbh seen a fair few say that mate, hopefully it will get better but I got the PS4 because I knew it wouldnt let me down gaming wise.

The Order is the one to look out for on that (tu)

Aye mate heard that's going to be a cracker.

With my birthday coming up I think I'll treat myself to a PS4 and try punt my xboxone to some other unfortunate soul.

I know mate it's sad to see this guy breakdown like this

Here you go...Copying what i say yet again...I fear for your safety and those around you...Your not right. Do you still stay with your mum and dad? I'd get them to help you tbh if you do..If not i can phone a doctor for you if you want?

I watched Ali-A play this for a while earlier.and he seemed excited by it but it jusy looks the same as every other shooter and with bots beint involved annoys me as well

Most people are saying it's incredible...Obviously not everyone is going to like it.

Watched the beta earlier,still looks shite,looks repetitive as fuck,can see the mechs getting old,just looks like a bigger version of yourself when you're in one,no destruction either,which is baffling considering the damage that they machines should do.

Give me 64 player destruction on huge maps any day.

Still bleating lol insane...Here is a thought from someone who has played the beta rather than a sheep like yourself Godfather...

There have been a lot of TitanFall threads lately, so I suppose I'll go ahead and contribute since I've had some time to play the Beta. I think one word can sum it all up, phenomenal, just absolutely and utterly phenomenal. I haven't felt this exhilarated playing an online shooter in a VERY long time. Every little thing, from the quick paced parkour elements, to the sound of a Titan crackling through the atmosphere, makes my heart race fast enough to wake the neighbor. (Seriously, old lady poked her head out the window, "YOU PLAYIN' TITANFALL!? SHIT! LET'S PARTY UP!"

But seriously, TitanFall is way beyond what I expected. One of the things I was unsure about before I played was the way the AI worked online and the whole 12 players thing, but it actually works out really nice! There is almost never a dull moment. I'm always moving, leaping buildings and shooting at SOMETHING, not to say it's too cramped, but just that it's so intensely fast paced that you're always finding yourself in the action. Guns play is smooth, and the transitions from wall running to climbing to shooting and back to wall running is all seamless. Everything just works!

I've decided I want to pick it up Day 1! Anybody else have similar thoughts?

I think it looks awful

Tell you what...If the game is awful i will give everyone in this thread who has been trolling £100 each...Anything less than 70% on Meta

Anyone else have the balls to put up a decent wee bet like this? Godfather? C'mon your so confident it's going to be awful...Lets do it.