Has dignified silence ever benefitted The Rangers

bawsburst

Has dignified silence ever benefitted The Rangers  

169 members have voted

1. 1. Has dignified silence ever benefitted The Rangers

Has it ever benefitted us - yes.

I used to quite like the way we were above all that petty squabbling , I think it added to our stature.

Now , times have changed and not defending ourselves has caused a lot of the hatred we are seeing now . Maybe one day we can return to it , but now is not that time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silence, at one time, was deemed to be, an admission of guilt,in certain circles.

Dignified silence, would therefore translate to, polite guilt. ( I know, makes no sense )

Dignified silence, in days gone by, concerning Rangers, was none of the above, it was a dignified disdain to any and all, that the matter in contest, was beneath the dignity of our club, and therefore required no answer,thus no answer was given,correctly so, .............for those times.

Those times are long gone now, and we live with a seemingly different set of values. We are now facing an enemy, who cannot, and will not, play the game fairly, on any and all levels. These enemies, are loud , and well equipped, and also have the ear of the media to be able to attack us with. We on the other hand, only have our voices to combat this onrush, we must use it wisely and tactfully, if we are to prevail and beat them off. "Don't get mad get even", as the saying goes, should be our mantra, difficult as it is, I know, but nevertheless, it should be the case.

Dignified silence, is of no use when the enemy is neither, and in this period in our history, we must not hide behind an outdated, and ineffective form of defence. That is why, i said no in this poll. (I know, I could have just said no.) :7325:

The question is flawed as clearly dignified silence was a great and proud part of our illustrious history, but as there has been changes in culture it is a time-bomb now. The actual question states Has it ever benefited our club so how anyone can say no is beyond me perhaps it should have been worded as Does dignified silence benefit our club presently?