*****The Official Ally McCoist discussion/poll thread*****

Robespierre

RangersMedia Ally McCoist poll/discussion thread  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Which option sums up your opinion of Ally?

• I want Ally sacked immediately .
    • I want Ally to resign at the end of the season.
    • Ally is doing a good job for now, but should step down once we're back in the top division.
    • I want Ally here for the long term.
    • Ally should remain as manager until results start to falter.
  2. 2. Which option best sums up your opinion of the team

• I'm appalled by the team's style of play.
    • I'm content with the style of play given our level.
    • I'm impressed by our current style of play.
    • I'm overjoyed with our style play.
    • We appear inconsistent
  3. 3. Which option best defines your opinion on Ally's signings over the last 2 seasons

• I'm unhappy with Ally's signings.
    • I'm content with Ally's signings, given our current opposition.
    • I'm pleased with Ally's signings.
    • I'm delighted with Ally's signings
    • I'm happy with some, but not others
  4. 4. Which manager would you most like to see take over from Ally when he leaves the club

• Ronald de Boer
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stuart McCall
    • Terry Butcher
    • Neil Warncok
    • Kenny Shiels
    • Brian Laudrup
    • Derek Adams
    • Billy Davies
    • John Brown
    • I would leave the position open to application

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally just doesn't like his position or opinion criticised.

Do you remember how he poo-pooed the football philosophy doc that was drawn up about a yeae ago.

Well perhaps he should have taken note.

I think he needs additional help and the board should seek to appoint someone in the capacity (whether he likes it or not) as having someone who isn't a 'yes' man might make him realise where he's going wrong.

I would like him to resign at the end of the season.

Our style of football is inconsistent, usually appalling but a few glimpses of fast paced passing games here and there.

I'm content with his signings with our lack of a scouting network. However I feel good signings such as Clark, Law, Peralta (yes he showed there is a player in him) are just not being played to their strengths or don't have any motivation. I feel it's Ally's job to show what these players can do. Some signings on the other hand like Smith, Foster, Daly were on the other hand not good signings in my opinion.

I'd definitely have the role advertised and see who applies. We may be surprised.

I would like him to resign at the end of the season.

Our style of football is inconsistent, usually appalling but a few glimpses of fast paced passing games here and there.

I'm content with his signings with our lack of a scouting network. However I feel good signings such as Clark, Law, Peralta (yes he showed there is a player in him) are just not being played to their strengths or don't have any motivation. I feel it's Ally's job to show what these players can do. Some signings on the other hand like Smith, Foster, Daly were on the other hand not good signings in my opinion.

I'd definitely have the role advertised and see who applies. We may be surprised.

out style of football under McCoist is more consistent than any other Rangers manager ever. unfortunately, its just totally shit

To motivate ,you sometimes have to go through the team and kick every one of their arses .

Look at Mourinho. He slags them off when they need it with usually the desired effect .Our Manager is just not up to that and does not command the same respect .It would not be to his benefit in his mind seto be upsetting his lads or putting 'his boys' in their places .

• 3 months later...

Question 3:

Which option best defines your opinion on Ally's signings over the last 2 seasons

His signings I think have been pretty good Black, Shiels, Law and Temps etc are good players but sadly they have been put down by our play and management team, a decent manager would get so much more out of them.