*****The Official Ally McCoist discussion/poll thread*****

Robespierre

RangersMedia Ally McCoist poll/discussion thread  

358 members have voted

1. 1. Which option sums up your opinion of Ally?

• I want Ally sacked immediately .
    • I want Ally to resign at the end of the season.
    • Ally is doing a good job for now, but should step down once we're back in the top division.
    • I want Ally here for the long term.
    • Ally should remain as manager until results start to falter.
  2. 2. Which option best sums up your opinion of the team

• I'm appalled by the team's style of play.
    • I'm content with the style of play given our level.
    • I'm impressed by our current style of play.
    • I'm overjoyed with our style play.
    • We appear inconsistent
  3. 3. Which option best defines your opinion on Ally's signings over the last 2 seasons

• I'm unhappy with Ally's signings.
    • I'm content with Ally's signings, given our current opposition.
    • I'm pleased with Ally's signings.
    • I'm delighted with Ally's signings
    • I'm happy with some, but not others
  4. 4. Which manager would you most like to see take over from Ally when he leaves the club

• Ronald de Boer
    • Derek McInnes
    • Stuart McCall
    • Terry Butcher
    • Neil Warncok
    • Kenny Shiels
    • Brian Laudrup
    • Derek Adams
    • Billy Davies
    • John Brown
    • I would leave the position open to application

The clamour to employ McInnes off the back of two results is ridiculous.

It's not just the 2 results mate, he's got them to the league cup final, quarters of the Scottish and installed as favourites, and sittin 2nd in the league. He's getting the best out of players, and has done it all on a small budget in comparison to ours

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's something he'd almost certainly never go for and I'll probably get pelters for suggesting it but I'd be happy for McCoist to stay long term if he brought in someone to oversee his transfers. A director of football type figure like Tottenham have. It's clear for me he doesn't know what he's doing in the transfer market and the substandard players can only lead to substandard performances.

1. I think we should sack Ally at once and try to bring in a Manager who is unbeaten in his league, this leaves out the UK, Europe?

2. I think the opposition players are jolly bad sports, they should be helping us to play entertaining football.

3. Ally has let himself down badly here, good managers don't sign duds.

4. See answer 1.

Said manager needs to only work in a restricted transfer market. We acknowledge starting from scratch was easy.

Key to new appointment is a commitment to only 4 back at corners and sartorial elegance.

2) Ally is leading us nowhere, his tactics and team selection is very poor and he isn't able to change a game.

1) As above. All the team back for corners is crap. Too defencively minded.

5) Other than Bell and (on their day) Black & Law, the rest are very poor. Peralta and Foster are worse than poor.

9) I would open it to applications as we may not get who we would like to have.

None of the managers listed as options have done anything on a consistent basis, they have had one or two good years and often a complete disaster at a previous club so I don't understand why people think they would come to Rangers and start playing wonderful free flowing football.

Better to ask how would they have done if they had been in Ally's place when we went into admin. Could they have been a figurehead fir the club, would they even have stayed, what quality of players could they have brought in, would the get us continuous promotions. If you can honestly say yes to all of these then that would be your man but for me we talk about loyalty all the time but we ready to discard a club legend who didn't walk away.

For me just now;

2. I want Ally to resign at the end of the season.

I see others saying he should stay until the results falter but can we afford to falter at all on our rise to the top, really?! I think he should see out the season as we'll win the League, he deserves to manage the team in the Ramsdens, I want/hope he can take what is likely to be our easiest shot at a major domestic cup for seasons to come. For me the showings in the cups and our performances in the leagues over the last 2 seasons, just haven't been good enough. It's a weird thing to say when you're romping the Divisions but it's the manner of play, you get the impression at this point that it's 11 names on a team sheet and not much more. People are paying money and are expected to pay more for this shit. For the costs of our management and squad - is winning the divisions alone (so far) in this manner, good enough?.....I don't think so. I say this while willing Ally to lead us to a treble and I really do want to see it work out for the man, he's a hero of mine. If he can win the Scottish cup, he can have more time, if not I'd like us to seriously look at the situation at least come the end of the season. With the way we play regularly, with cost-cutting yet to kick in but set-to for years to come, and with us having to climb to the top as well, you have to honestly think Ally is able to up the gears significantly if this is to end well for him and us. One last thing I'll say is - IF you think Ally can up the gears significantly then is it acceptable the fans are paying what they are to see that team/management paid what they are to half-arse it?

1. I'm appalled by the team's style of play.

Considering how we started this season with the team that wasn't good enough last season, how can you view our play since October/November and think anything other than we're under-performing even if we aren't losing?

5. I'm happy with some, but not others.

Probably the only answer you can give on any managers signings to be honest.

11. Which manager would you most like to see take over from Ally when he leaves the club.

While I think some guys would be nice or are in with a good shout with regards to being our manager I think at this point making sure we get someone who wants to be here and work at this, is important. Derek McInnes is enjoying a meteoric rise in his chances of late and Billy Davies has remained a solid candidate but it would be nice to see who all wants the gig before we appoint such an important manager.

This (tu) summed up much better than i could.

I wonder if ally will back the board or King?. Or even give his vote to a supporters bus to vote on his behalf.

In all seriousness I think he would be inclined to side with King.

It would be interesting to know if Ally is aware of who is behind Blue Pitch and Margarita holdings?

Couldn't really answer the first one. I didn't want Ally as manager in the first place and was always worried how he'd approach our rebuilding. Now he's done most of the work there's not a lot to be achieved from sacking him now. If he was to resign at the end of the season who knows how it could affect the club and players.

Our best bet is to carry on, hope to see some improvement as we go up into the Championship.

We all had visions of an exciting youth policy being installed at the club and a fresh approach to securing and developing youth but in hindsight how likely is it that that plan would have worked at all? It's pretty gloomy but maybe the best thing to do was just build a team from what we could capable of getting us back up.