Rangers Info on Clyde1

Ace

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brellier will add something that we don't have at the moment and that is a defensive midfielder who will actually tackle and tackle hard!

So what if he was released from Hearts, it was all down to politics, and even if it wasn't it doesn't make him a bad player.

We've moaned for over a year about how Celtic are building a strong squad by signing the best of the rest from the SPL and as soon as we sign a player who could easily be considered one of the "best of the rest" we are slating it!

We need to built a squad as well as a team and Brellier would be a very useful player to have IMO. He would offer far more than Rae or N'Diaye and tbh I would feel a lot more at ease with him playing there then one one them!

Brellier quickly became a firm favourite with the Hearts fans: his unspectacular, diligent covering role in midfield allowing fellow midfielders Paul Hartley and Rudi Skácel greater attacking freedom, from which they scored a combined total of 30 league goals during the 2005-06 season.

If he comes in it will allow guys liek Beasley and possible Ferguson to influence the game furthur up the pitch and thats what a team who only scored something like 60 league goals needs!

He is a very aggressive defensive midfielder and I think, although most would question him at first, he would be a success here. He likes getting stuck in and is certainly not bad with the ball at his feet either!

RTHm8YL4Ny4

That video gave me no hope. I think he would be a decent squad player, and i wouldnt mind him signing at all.

He was hearts best player whenever i saw them, and the only reason hearts never gave him a new contract was because of the bust ups with gordon, hartley and pressley. Not because the way he plays.

Brellier will add something that we don't have at the moment and that is a defensive midfielder who will actually tackle and tackle hard!

So what if he was released from Hearts, it was all down to politics, and even if it wasn't it doesn't make him a bad player.

We've moaned for over a year about how Celtic are building a strong squad by signing the best of the rest from the SPL and as soon as we sign a player who could easily be considered one of the "best of the rest" we are slating it!

We need to built a squad as well as a team and Brellier would be a very useful player to have IMO. He would offer far more than Rae or N'Diaye and tbh I would feel a lot more at ease with him playing there then one one them!

If he comes in it will allow guys liek Beasley and possible Ferguson to influence the game furthur up the pitch and thats what a team who only scored something like 60 league goals needs!

He is a very aggressive defensive midfielder and I think, although most would question him at first, he would be a success here. He likes getting stuck in and is certainly not bad with the ball at his feet either!

RTHm8YL4Ny4

Spot on, JB would be a useful squad player and available for free.

We need more of a physical presence in the team, frankly all the talk of 'quality' players misses the fact that we are too light and lacking 'kickers'.

I'd go with him.

BTW, when Pressly and Hartley were shipped by Hearts, for whatever reason, why the big campaign to get them over here?

Bellier has something none of our other midfielders have, the ability to tackle and tackle hard, just what you need in a lot of SPL games. He held Hearts together a lot of the time, good player imo.

I believe that he is better than Thomson. Do we need him? Gives us options all the same.

I believe that he is better than Thomson. Do we need him? Gives us options all the same.

I think we do need somebody else in there NVA, Especially if we are going to challenge on four fronts this season.

He is not going to eat a masssive chunk of Walter's budget either (I'm sure Dundee Utd said they wouldn't match his £8,000 a week wages not too long ago)

A sound and safe investment by Walter, which yet again shows his experience and ability to keep his head while everybody around him is losing theres, if you ask me :tu:

Guest orangpendek

make no mistake, if we don't grab brellier he will get a job at one of the top level of championship clubs, which is slightly above where we are right now. a sad truth, but true nontheless.

Former Hearts midfielder Julien Brellier could be about to join Rangers, according to his agent.

Brellier was not offered a new contract at Tynecastle and left the club last month following two years with the side.

But the Frenchman's agent Jean-Marie Cantona has now revealed he has been holding talks with Rangers about a possible return to the SPL.

"It is very difficult to comment at the moment but a deal is possible," Cantona told the Scottish Daily Express.

"It is fair to say that Julien is very interested in joining a big SPL team like Rangers after how things turned out at Hearts.

"Talks are going well but nothing has been agreed.

"Julien is on holiday with his family at the moment but when firm proposals from Rangers have been put on the table he is willing to return and consider them."

I dont think we need him. I think we need a creative midfielder not another defensive player.

I do not see that we need him, but I believe he is a good player.

We VERY much need more CREATIVE midfielders with a little pace.