Robert Munro McKean

I was told for years it was suicide but found out later it was a tragic accident. .I was just going when Bobby was playing. .My first cup final was the one against them later that week. .

Young man taken too soon. .send the videos to Auchenhowie. .

I was told for years it was suicide but found out later it was a tragic accident. .I was just going when Bobby was playing. .My first cup final was the one against them later that week. .

Young man taken too soon. .send the videos to Auchenhowie. .

Gaff - so much to live for --- hitting a good run of form and a daughter, Ashley, who would have been about a year old (mibbe bit less) when he died.

Always moaned about that 'durty bastard McGrain never forgave him for studs down the back of the leg. Funny thing I met Danny at the funeral, shook hands, and he was pretty upset - puts into perspective that it's only a game.

I remember hearing it on the radio that day and that we beat celtic in the league cup final 3 days later.

Taken far too soon r.i.p. Bobby Mckean

Aye and they (Celtic fans) booed throughout the minutes silence at the final

.Some of the worst violence i've seen, even to this day after that game.

Scum then - scum now.

I was about to start a thread because Bobby passed away on this day 1978.

I remember he drove home and didn't want to disturb his wife so he decided to sleep in his car. Bobby dove his car into the garage and left the engine running to keep warm, but carbon monoxcide gas got the better of him.

RIP Bobby.

Remember the game above quite well, one of my early away games let loose with the mates, instead of my dad and uncle. Was a gloriously sunny day and we tore Kilmarnock apart with direct on the ground attacking play, remember Sandy Jardine scoring a fine goal too. We just seemed to keep on scoring that day.

Bobby was a direct attacking winger, playing slightly inside and more direct, and had a great shot. He was slightly overshadowed to a degree by our other more traditional wingers at the time, Cutty Young and Tommy McLean.

Cooper, Smith and Russell came in during the final season of his, and I suspect he would maybe have struggled to remain a regular in the team. Unfortunately he never had the opportunity.

RIP Bobby McKean.

I am so glad that this thread was started. Bobby was a great attacking player. He was a proud Ranger who knew what a privilege it was to play for the club. Take note Ian Black!

I have many fond memories of Bobby McKean in a blue jersey, and you are right he was a great attacking player.. No need for the Ian Black quote.

Please remove that part of your post and I will delete this post. (tu)