Watched Dundee United tonight..

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched their highlights against St Midden and they weren't very good. St Midden were 0-2 up then the wee Hivs scored a goal where they were offside twice in the build up to it. Then they went on to score two more lucky goals\bad defending. They're also suppose to be weak in the air and their CB's get bullied easily, this is where Jon Daly will get his goal from.

I think when our players walk onto the park they will go fuckingheeeeeellll and the adrenaline will bring the best out in them while scumdee shit there pants as they look at there wee pishy away support.

Think they will be use to their pishy home and away support by now.

In all their recent games they've not been able to keep a clean sheet, they've had minimum possession on the ball, they've been shaky in defense, they've always been weak at set pieces, they've conceded in every single game (apart from their win against Inverness).

You're talking as if they're Man City or Barca lol.

I'm not going to pretend i have watched them much, infact tonight was the first time i had saw them since we last played them. However i'm basing my thoughts on the fact we regularly struggle against part timers, so don't hold much hope for us beating a full time team who are 4th in the top tier. I've also seen Gauld who would tear us a new one tbh.

And i'm also basing my views on the fact that to put it bluntly, i don't think Ally has a clue what he is doing tactically and when coming up against a proper team and not just some unfit part time players, he won't know what to do or how to change the game if they take the lead, or if we are struggling at all.

Generally speaking they are a very average team, Aberdeen aren't anything special at all and they are 4 points ahead of Utd, so i know that Utd are pretty pish in all honesty.

All i'm saying is i think we should be careful not to judge them solely on this game, because they weren't at their best tonight. Judging them based on tonight would be like judging us against Albion Rovers at Ibrox. I appreciate you're talking about other recent games to back up your point, however, i don't think these stats can give a guidance as to how good/bad they are, and like i said, we struggle nearly all the time against pub teams.

End of the day, i want to make it clear that we SHOULD be beating Utd with this current team, and i dont think it's any great achievement if we were to beat them. The reason why i think it will be a struggle and don't hold out much hope is simply because of Ally. So my doubts aren't with the players, it's with Ally's ability, or sheer lack of, to get the best out of the players and to get them playing well. For me, the fact i think we will struggle against Utd is just an indication of how bad a manager Ally is.

I'm not deliberately trying to be negative, and i admire your optimism, i'm just being what i think is realistic

Watched their highlights against St Midden and they weren't very good. St Midden were 0-2 up then the wee Hivs scored a goal where they were offside twice in the build up to it. Then they went on to score two more lucky goals\bad defending. They're also suppose to be weak in the air and their CB's get bullied easily, this is where Jon Daly will get his goal from.

Wonder how much inside info Daly will have to impart....

To be honest - I think our problem with league form is that our players are bored. They had the league won weeks before they won it and the performances dropped because they basically just had to turn up, score a couple and sit on it. Dundee United will be the first team we've really come up against this season that'll put our players to the test, and our players being pushed to those levels may be a positive.

Bottom line is we are not in a bad position. If we win, we will be deleriously happy and will have a hell of a good day. If we loose, we will take it on the chin, say we expected it and move on. Think they have more to loose than us.

Easily. You're giving wayyy to much credit to Dundee United. They don't defend at all well, they're weak at set pieces, passing errors in the final 3rd, midfield play is a bit shaky too, if we were on form - We could put four past them.

When are we ever on form?

Bottom line is we are not in a bad position. If we win, we will be deleriously happy and will have a hell of a good day. If we loose, we will take it on the chin, say we expected it and move on. Think they have more to loose than us.

Aye but if we lose, we will never hear the end of it, that cunt Thompson will ram it damn our throats at every opportunity. Especially if it's a big defeat.

When are we ever on form?

8-0 against Stenhousemuir, I'd say we were on form that day.

6-0 against Airdrie, on form that day too.

4-0 against Albion Rovers, Ramsdens Cup. On form that day.

5-0 against East Fife, on form that day.

4-1 against Brechin, on form that day.

5-1 against Arbroath, on form that day.

6-1 against Forfar, on form that day.

We're extremely capable when we are on form.

Aye but if we lose, we will never hear the end of it, that cunt Thompson will ram it damn our throats at every opportunity. Especially if it's a big defeat.

last years defeat was a big defeat, even though by not many goals. we moved on then and think we can again. Still think we have much less to loose overall. They have more to prove and I hope that is their downfall.

I'm not going to pretend i have watched them much, infact tonight was the first time i had saw them since we last played them. However i'm basing my thoughts on the fact we regularly struggle against part timers, so don't hold much hope for us beating a full time team who are 4th in the top tier. I've also seen Gauld who would tear us a new one tbh.

And i'm also basing my views on the fact that to put it bluntly, i don't think Ally has a clue what he is doing tactically and when coming up against a proper team and not just some unfit part time players, he won't know what to do or how to change the game if they take the lead, or if we are struggling at all.

Generally speaking they are a very average team, Aberdeen aren't anything special at all and they are 4 points ahead of Utd, so i know that Utd are pretty pish in all honesty.

All i'm saying is i think we should be careful not to judge them solely on this game, because they weren't at their best tonight. Judging them based on tonight would be like judging us against Albion Rovers at Ibrox. I appreciate you're talking about other recent games to back up your point, however, i don't think these stats can give a guidance as to how good/bad they are, and like i said, we struggle nearly all the time against pub teams.

End of the day, i want to make it clear that we SHOULD be beating Utd with this current team, and i dont think it's any great achievement if we were to beat them. The reason why i think it will be a struggle and don't hold out much hope is simply because of Ally. So my doubts aren't with the players, it's with Ally's ability, or sheer lack of, to get the best out of the players and to get them playing well. For me, the fact i think we will struggle against Utd is just an indication of how bad a manager Ally is.

I'm not deliberately trying to be negative, and i admire your optimism, i'm just being what i think is realistic

That post is just full of contradiction mate, you need to look on this as a cup game, Albion Rovers treated it as a cup game and it took them by Motherwell a team that is sitting joint second in the premiership, much has been made of our progress into the semi finals being against lower class opposition, so when we meet a team from the premiership winning that tie must hold some achievement.

8-0 against Stenhousemuir, I'd say we were on form that day.

6-0 against Airdrie, on form that day too.

4-0 against Albion Rovers, Ramsdens Cup. On form that day.

5-0 against East Fife, on form that day.

4-1 against Brechin, on form that day.

5-1 against Arbroath, on form that day.

6-1 against Forfar, on form that day.

We're extremely capable when we are on form.

Appreciate your positive view, but coaches with a football brain looked at how we played, and they all (everyone) counteracted us very effectively. The cup victory will be due to new thinking - working harder than the opposition with more of a will to win than them.