Radical Managerial Suggestions

Im being serious when I say this, but I sometimes wonder if the PLG "revolution" wouldn't be ideal for now. A top to bottom overhaul, be professional, be fit, be serious....and adopt professional habits as a club and as staff.

Would be very intersting...(never happen but still....)

This was supposed to have happened when we were demoted....

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Im being serious when I say this, but I sometimes wonder if the PLG "revolution" wouldn't be ideal for now. A top to bottom overhaul, be professional, be fit, be serious....and adopt professional habits as a club and as staff.

Would be very intersting...(never happen but still....)

PLG is a great Rangers what if. Unbeaten in Europe but lost the dressing room. You'd argue Murray wrongly backed the players over the manager. Then again the following season we were in the UEFA Cup Final.

Why must we conclude it will never happen? What makes our club different to say Swansea? You can argue at Rangers you must win. I'd argue we could do this over the next 2 seasons and results on the pitch would still be acceptable. It'll be year 2 in the top division before we are realistically going to win the league.

Even Celtic have done it, though in their case their scouting network seems to have been driven by the board's decisions rather than their manager.

Take McLeish back with Ferguson as a midfield coach and Weir as defensive coach. That or take Butcher when he inevitably gets the sack from Hivs.

You'd have Butcher back when years of yoyo journeyman management have taken him to the point he has been sacked by Hibs?

Before administartion.

He had the same squad that Smith had which won the title the previous year.

He already blew Europe twice, lost the lead in the SPL and got punted out the cup by Falkirk before anything happened.

That does not fill me with optimism given how much the tables have turned now, we have also had 2 and a bit seasons of utter souless football being played which again leave me thinking he is 100% not the man for the job.

We will not be on an equal footing for quite sometime unless a manager pulls a masterstroke and McCoist has proved thus far he isn't capable of such feats.

We've played soulless football since Advocaats time in charge.

There was quite a bit of change to the squad, most of whom seemed to be second or third choice targets. Remember Juhacz (or however the fuck it's spelled) and Goodwille before we wound up with Ortiz and Goian instead.

I remember a far better Rangers team get pumped out of Europe at the first attempt and knocked out the cup to falkirk in short order.

PLG is a great Rangers what if. Unbeaten in Europe but lost the dressing room. You'd argue Murray wrongly backed the players over the manager. Then again the following season we were in the UEFA Cup Final.

Why must we conclude it will never happen? What makes our club different to say Swansea? You can argue at Rangers you must win. I'd argue we could do this over the next 2 seasons and results on the pitch would still be acceptable. It'll be year 2 in the top division before we are realistically going to win the league.

Let me be quite clear as I did miss it from my previous post, I'd love that to happen. Maybe not the same names and the same outcomes obviously, but a top to bottom overhaul with a professional person at the top leading us down an innovative and forward thinking way (for Scotland)

The potential for our club is uttely enormous

I always felt a bit sorry for PLG, when we look at the players now and the Nandos generation we can see this is the kind of thing he was trying to rid the club off but sadly the players didn't like it so he was booted out so looking back now it's something about players like Barry Ferguson who really piss me off, with Ally this is also something he should have looked at, not PLG style of football but his work ethics which his players should have.

I love Ally but sadly everyday that goes by with him in charge is another day wasted.

I always felt a bit sorry for PLG, when we look at the players now and the Nandos generation we can see this is the kind of thing he was trying to rid the club off but sadly the players didn't like it so he was booted out so looking back now it's something about players like Barry Ferguson who really piss me off, with Ally this is also something he should have looked at, not PLG style of football but his work ethics which his players should have.

I love Ally but sadly everyday that goes by with him in charge is another day wasted.

The thing that got PLG his cards was results, pure and simply they were not good enough. Look at what happens on here when we draw FFS.

We should have the best manager that we can afford and Ally is not this. Case in point would be Derek McInnes and his current remuneration package. We should be looking for the next Mourinho, Ferguson or Wenger. An inspirational figure like Souness or Smith. Someone who commands respect from players and fans alike, such as Bobby Robson. We should accept anything but the best. Failing all that, how about Paolo di Canio????????

Both sides who say 'most of us' are way off the mark. The OP and anyone who try to get a guage of what the fans on a whole think base it on nothing.

It changes on here game by game. One loss or draw and the number jump to one side then again same when we have a good result or display.

Fair play, you just remember that before any posting in the future :lol:

You'd have Butcher back when years of yoyo journeyman management have taken him to the point he has been sacked by Hibs?

his eventual sacking from hivs will be due to lack of support and undisciplined players. if he tried to press them harder he wouldn't get backing from the chairman, would be different at Rangers. he would have been ideal for us last season and to progress with youth development.

Fair play, you just remember that before any posting in the future :lol:

It's true.

Each person is passionate about it at either end of the scale so will think their feelings must be similair to the rest of the support.

Realistically to get a true reflection is really difficuilt or even impossible. If someone points out the crowds going down some will argue it's the perfromances (like I have done) while others will say it's because the title has been won for weeks.

It will go round in circles like it always has done when we have a manager who splits opinions.

Polls also don't reflect it especially not on forums like here. One week we will go out a cup and the fans will be in an uproar so will want immediate answers and someone to blame...a few good results later they change their minds and will change their vote in the next poll.

There are not many who stick to one side really I know a handfull of posters on either end of the spectrum but the inbetweeners are the ones who effect the polls as they are the ones who pad it out so it's really meaningless IMO.

It's true.

Each person is passionate about it at either end of the scale so will think their feelings must be similair to the rest of the support.

Realistically to get a true reflection is really difficuilt or even impossible. If someone points out the crowds going down some will argue it's the perfromances (like I have done) while others will say it's because the title has been won for weeks.

It will go round in circles like it always has done when we have a manager who splits opinions.

Polls also don't reflect it especially not on forums like here. One week we will go out a cup and the fans will be in an uproar so will want immediate answers and someone to blame...a few good results later they change their minds and will change their vote in the next poll.

There are not many who stick to one side really I know a handfull of posters on either end of the spectrum but the inbetweeners are the ones who effect the polls as they are the ones who pad it out so it's really meaningless IMO.

Good post, though you do have a tendency to repeat yourself :thumbup: