The Manchester Derby

Do you think Moyes would be doing much better if Ferguson wasn't at games?

Think that's the key question

I have no idea, all I am saying as Fergie being constantly captured by the cameras and focussed on during games is doing him no favours. He stood down to spend more time with his family and get away from it, I know he is a suppoter and has a right to be there but IMO he could have at least gave Moyes more time before showing at every game.

I believe Fergie knows this but is too stuborn to stay away, I don't think he is doing it to hurt Moyes but we all know how Fergie can be.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree.

Fergie knows all too well what his pressence at every game means and how the media are working it.

I know what you are getting at, but if you cannot handle the pressure of the ex manager being at the game then the Job is not for you....and I think we all agree that it isn't!

Would SAF want to come back though? He obviously stepped away for a reason and I'm not sure if getting into the get Fergie on the phone whenever the shit hits the fan is the best thing for them long term either.

Agree with you 100% on Fergie being there every week too but that point has divided opinion on here throughout the season.

At this point I would agree but I think they all have a lot of talent which is why I would consider an older name veteran who can hold the fort for a few years while they monitor the progress of the guys I mentioned and pick one of them from there.

That's the question. Would he want it? To me I still see the passion is there, I know he's an ambassador now but he always said when he retired he wouldn't pay much attention to things at United. I thought his reason was to spend more time with his wife and his grandkids, which is fair enough if he was only attending the home games every 2nd week, but he's flying out to the away games in the Champions League, he's there every game. I'm certain that itch of managing the side isn't going away and if needed he'd do it.

I wonder if Walter Smith/Ally McCoist type partnership would work with Fergie and a Klopp or Simeone? Mind you not that McCoist has go on from that experience.

I can't buy the idea that someone attending a match makes a job 10 times harder

I don't either, if you can't handle ex-managers being in the stand you shouldn't be there. Which incidentally in Moyes case is correct, job is too big for him, simples. Although given I have no love for Man Utd I think he is doing a stand up job and should be there for the next 20-25 years minimum.

If Ancelotti ends up getting booted by Real Madrid (which isn't out with the realms of possibility) he'd be a good appointment for Man Utd IMO.

If they blow the league a after the lead they had and don't win the CL then it's possible.

They have had a horror show this past week.