Bitter Hivs

whytes3

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps not but the letterheading from the club around that time said The Rangers and I imagine that would count

I suppose it would. We got any? The best so far is the thing posted from 1872 and the 1881 ticket which both say 'Rangers'.

Did they have to register as a club anywhere?

You try telling they Hibbees that, as it is deadly serious, as far as the dirty vindictive hiv ridden tramps are concerned.

They know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the only word in the English language that will cause our fans' to bleed from the ears, is the excruciating, mind altering, terrifying cry of that one syllable word.....THE......they know it scares us to death.

And that is why, to this day, as in days of yore, we made a covenant, to out fox these wily, aids ridden fuds from the east, by cunningly putting Rangers after the dreaded THE whenever referring to our club, thereby rendering their disgusting taunts, forever invalid (somewhat like their club).

We are now immune to any and all taunts, and forever will be...... The Rangers..... and as the song goes, in four lads' had a dream...... "The Rangers were born....54 titles and still going strong".

:7325:

Couldny give a fuck about the Hibbees tbh. I'm just a bit curious about this now.

Ltd mate. 1899 onwards. That refers to the company.

I don't think anyone's going to win in this argument tbh, it's shite vs jobbies.

Lots of us refer to the club as The Rangers and some Rangers, I don't think Glasgow Rangers has ever been part of it apart from in songs.

The 'The' has been associated with our name long enough IMO to make it acceptable.

Even the Scum have recognised it for years…..if thewere beating some shitty team, they would sing 'Bring On The Rangers' !!!

The scum are almost always full of shit. Not good evidence. ;)

I don't think anyone's going to win in this argument tbh, it's shite vs jobbies.

Lots of us refer to the club as The Rangers and some Rangers, I don't think Glasgow Rangers has ever been part of it apart from in songs.

The 'The' has been associated with our name long enough IMO to make it acceptable.

Yep, I accept all that. I'm just curious from a historical point of view. Call me sad.

And to keep the pedantic nature of this going, it's more a discussion/debate than an argument. :pipe:

We're just 'Rangers Football Club'.

No we are not, you are wrong. We have always been The Rangers Football Club. We added Ltd to that then Ltd became PLC. We are now back to Ltd under the holding company RIFC Plc.

From the most recent accounts:

This is the website for Rangers International Football Club plc, the holding company of The Rangers Football Club.

From the Accounts of 2005

We have audited the Financial Statements of The Rangers Football Club plc for the year ended 30 June 2005

Yep, I accept all that. I'm just curious from a historical point of view. Call me sad.

And to keep the pedantic nature of this going, it's more a discussion/debate than an argument. :pipe:

Check out Bombaybadboy's avatar. That is one of our old club badges. It is also on the carpet in the Blue Room at Ibrox.

No we are not, you are wrong. We have always been The Rangers Football Club. We added Ltd to that then Ltd became PLC. We are now back to Ltd under the holding company RIFC Plc.

From the most recent accounts:

This is the website for Rangers International Football Club plc, the holding company of The Rangers Football Club.

From the Accounts of 2005

We have audited the Financial Statements of The Rangers Football Club plc for the year ended 30 June 2005

The second bolded bit says PLC. As for the first, they could well be getting it factually incorrect as well. Is there any pre 1899 evidence? As I say, anything I've seen from then does not say 'The'.

Check out Bombaybadboy's avatar. That is one of our old club badges. It is also on the carpet in the Blue Room at Ibrox.

Post 1899 though. It says Ltd. It refers to the company that came into existence in 1899, not the pre-existing club.

Couldny give a fuck about the Hibbees tbh. I'm just a bit curious about this now.

Just an attempt to bring some levity into the debate, but to be honest,mate, you fighting this somewhat unwinnable crusade is funny enough.

For what it is worth I have allways referred to us as anything from, The Famous Glasgow Rangers, The Gers, The Teddy Bears, The Apples and Pears, Rangers, to the one I've been using most of my long and happy life.....The Rangers.

I do hope that helps you in your search for authenticity........and Peace (without a THE)

Just an attempt to bring some levity into the debate, but to be honest,mate, you fighting this somewhat unwinnable crusade is funny enough.

For what it is worth I have allways referred to us as anything from, The Famous Glasgow Rangers, The Gers, The Teddy Bears, The Apples and Pears, Rangers, to the one I've been using most of my long and happy life.....The Rangers.

I do hope that helps you in your search for authenticity........and Peace (without a THE)

It's no crusade, my man, any more than finding out any other historical fact about the club is a crusade. I'm just curious as I never thought about it before, from a historical point of view. I know it's not important, I'd like to find out one way or another out of interest. As far as i can see it's Rangers, but I stand to be corrected.

You've never heard fans always saying 'The Rangers' amongst themselves then?

Yes. I've heard Glasgow Rangers too and that's not our name. Colloquilaism can become common usage. Or maybe 'The' comes from the 1899 company that became common usage. Before that everything (albeit I can only see a couple of documents) seems to suggest no 'The'.