• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What about their 1991 newco?

According to Wikipedia:

The club's parent company, Forth Investments plc, entered receivership in 1991. Sir Tom Farmer acquired control of the club from the receiver for £3 million. Farmer has continued to fund developments of Easter Road and financial losses made by Hibs, although he has delegated control to other figures, such as Rod Petrie. The club is now 98% owned by its holding company, H.F.C. Holdings Limited. This holding company is beneficially owned by Farmer (90%) and Petrie (10%).

I am pretty sure my share certificate from before had Rangers Football Club on it, (it is back at my mothers 2000 miles away) The new one has The Rangers Football Club, I am pretty sure after liquidation we could not use Rangers Football Club it had to be somewhat different, and no one wanted Rangers (2013) Football Club Ltd.

thats where you are wrong mate.maybe not official, but in germany on the tv, during european results being read out we were known as Rangers Glasgow, same as Arsenal London.sometimes simply as glasgow.

the last simple Glasgow one makes me really proud in a strange way, cos never was it celtic glasgow.i like to believe it is cos they are a bunch of roamin pikeys that nobody knows where or which country they are from.

glasgow was my nickname in germany, Wilson Glasgow is fuckin superb, in a roundabout way thats me known as Rangers Wilson.

fuckin yes , fuckin yes

No Surrender

Rab

I am sure Gazza when he first arrived called us simply Glasgow on more than one occasion when he first arrived from Italy. Definitely a European thing for us Rab.

They are referring to our company name, which actually has always been The Rangers Football Club Ltd/PLC (changed from Sevco Scotland Ltd to inherit the Old Co's name). Them trying to use this as a slur against us is nearly as dumb as the "Food Boycott" :lol: :lol:

Why don't you know this?

I know because I'm a supporter from a family who have followed The Rangers generation after generation after generation. I'm hardly alone in that.

See that is why were are so special we are passed on to the next generation who love us just as passionately as the last.

Still cant help feel jealous at some of the sites,nights.and players the older ones have lived through Barca72's run the likes of Baxter and Cooper etc it sucks that the only way we can see them is on video now

We are the Rangers, and they'll damn well remember who we are in the next few seasons when were back hammering them. Do you think their sly digs will make them feel better with no chance of getting 2nd place or Europe? No mark scum let them have their petty digs - its all they've got. Unlike us.

Oh well, if Jonathan Pearce says so.

Don't mean to be facecious mate, but that could still be colloquial. Doesn't really matter that much, but is there any official document which says we were formed as 'Rangers' or 'The Rangers'?

If we're going by documentary evidence, the earliest stuff thus far presented says 'Rangers Football Club'. I accept that's not definite proof though.

Jonathan Pearce didn't say it the actual screen at the bottom says The Rangers, regardless anyway it's a snide dig from people who want to claim we are a new club when in fact it has been used for far longer than that, that's kinda the point I was trying to make.

I am pretty sure my share certificate from before had Rangers Football Club on it, (it is back at my mothers 2000 miles away) The new one has The Rangers Football Club, I am pretty sure after liquidation we could not use Rangers Football Club it had to be somewhat different, and no one wanted Rangers (2013) Football Club Ltd.

The layout of share certificates has changed over the years.

You are wrong about what we could be called after administration, etc. The football club and other assets were sold as they are. The Plc name was changed.

They are referring to our company name, which actually has always been The Rangers Football Club Ltd/PLC (changed from Sevco Scotland Ltd to inherit the Old Co's name). Them trying to use this as a slur against us is nearly as dumb as the "Food Boycott" :lol: :lol:

Exacty my point in the OP, and, for the record, I agree that it has back-fired into a back-handed compliment as we are "The Rangers"

Why don't you know this?

I know because I'm a supporter from a family who have followed The Rangers generation after generation after generation. I'm hardly alone in that.

Why? Because documents from the time seem to give conflicting info. Just because you (or wee) call us The Rangers doesn't mean we were founded as 'The' any more than people who call us Glasgow Rangers means we were founded as 'Glasgow'.