Bitter Hivs

whytes3

We have always been The Rangers m8 it was on the club badge till 1968. http://en.wikipedia....sFCLogo1959.png

Wasn't the original crest the intertwined RFC (no T)? See the wee bit in this site with the wee 1881 ticket saying 'Rangers Football Club' and the bit about the RFC logo.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/Rangers/Rangers.htm

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my point is all three are valid names for us.

I know I was just responding to a guy saying we are not 'Glasgow', we are 'The' by saying that technically we are neither and implying that colloqually 'Glasgow' is no more wrong than 'The'.

Chuckle. Such and earnest discussion over a few words.

Yeah. thanks. Don't know how much you know about it. I take it debt caused this?

Yes.

From Wikipedia:

Ownership and finances[edit]

Although the football club was formed in 1875, it was not incorporated until 1903.[note 1] The club remained a private company until 1988, when it was publicly listed on the London Stock Exchange.[112][113] This public listing, combined with poor financial performance, made Hibs vulnerable to an attempted takeover in 1990 by Hearts chairman Wallace Mercer.[113][114][115] This attempt was averted when Mercer was unable to acquire the 75% shareholding needed to liquidate the company.[113][115]

The club's parent company, Forth Investments plc, entered receivership in 1991.[36][116] Sir Tom Farmer acquired control of the club from the receiver for £3 million.[39][116] Farmer has continued to fund developments of Easter Road and financial losses made by Hibs, although he has delegated control to other figures, such as Rod Petrie.[39][116][117][118] The club is now 98% owned by its holding company, H.F.C. Holdings Limited.[119][note 2] This holding company is beneficially owned by Farmer (90%) and Petrie (10%).[116][119]

Note the involvement of one Rod Petrie, one of the most vocal "kick them out" campaigners.

Always have been The Rangers, if you watch old footage of the cup a few years back (English commentator Johnathon Pearce) us v the mhanks it has us as The Rangers.

Bitter wee no marks think it's an insult when it's a fact.

Oh well, if Jonathan Pearce says so.

Don't mean to be facecious mate, but that could still be colloquial. Doesn't really matter that much, but is there any official document which says we were formed as 'Rangers' or 'The Rangers'?

If we're going by documentary evidence, the earliest stuff thus far presented says 'Rangers Football Club'. I accept that's not definite proof though.

Oh well, if Jonathan Pearce says so.

Don't mean to be facecious mate, but that could still be colloquial. Doesn't really matter that much, but is there any official document which says we were formed as 'Rangers' or 'The Rangers'?

If we're going by documentary evidence, the earliest stuff thus far presented says 'Rangers Football Club'. I accept that's not definite proof though.

The earliest id seen was The Rangers not sure when it was from though

I've got loads spanning 80s to now. They all say Rangers. Not sure a programme means much. They could use the colloquial.

I thought 'The Rangers' only related to The Rangers Football Club Ltd' from 1899. The club itself being 'Rangers FC' since the start.

Perhaps not but the letterheading from the club around that time said The Rangers and I imagine that would count

I know I was just responding to a guy saying we are not 'Glasgow', we are 'The' by saying that technically we are neither and implying that colloqually 'Glasgow' is no more wrong than 'The'.

Chuckle. Such and earnest discussion over a few words.

You try telling they Hibbees that, as it is deadly serious, as far as the dirty vindictive hiv ridden tramps are concerned.

They know, without a shadow of a doubt, that the only word in the English language that will cause our fans' to bleed from the ears, is the excruciating, mind altering, terrifying cry of that one syllable word.....THE......they know it scares us to death.

And that is why, to this day, as in days of yore, we made a covenant, to out fox these wily, aids ridden fuds from the east, by cunningly putting Rangers after the dreaded THE whenever referring to our club, thereby rendering their disgusting taunts, forever invalid (somewhat like their club).

We are now immune to any and all taunts, and forever will be...... The Rangers..... and as the song goes, in four lads' had a dream...... "The Rangers were born....54 titles and still going strong".

:7325: