Interesting choice(s) of words from Lawwell

1st_Jan_1994

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you are right, but how do you work that out?

I'm serious where do so many of us get this optimism? If Dave King comes in and we get serious investment then we could be looking at the stuff of legend. However this board wont accomodate him.

We still don'y have a scouting system and have a squad full of so much dead wood its unreal. The only thing world class about us just now is the fans. However after a couple of years floundering back in the top league we will vote with our feet. I've seen it before. I now its pretty negative and doomsday scenario but I really cant see any reason to be optomistic at the moment.

Couldn't agree more,bud.

There is no progress on or off the field that I can see.

SPL scared???...............Fuck me,Brechin aren't scared of Ally's Rangers.

You can't regret saying something that's true at the time.

I'm all for things getting better though - I expect us to improve, we have no choice.

That's not true though, is it? We are a far better team this season than we were last season. With a few signings and cutting of deadwood in the upcoming off-season we will be better next season again. There is no stopping us. Why do you think Liewell and fangteeth are out trying to drum up their own season ticket sales? Scared shitless.

That's not true though, is it? We are a far better team this season than we were last season. With a few signings and cutting of deadwood in the upcoming off-season we will be better next season again. There is no stopping us. Why do you think Liewell and fangteeth are out trying to drum up their own season ticket sales? Scared shitless.

Did you read what he said?

No progress on or off the field - we have regressed since a good start to the season & the off the field turmoil is at it's worst.

Brechin aren't scared of us. Thier manager came out and slaughtered us after the game and they have ran us close up there 3 times in over 18 months - Sunday there they outplayed and out passed us.

That interview from Lawwell wasn't him shitting himself. Not even close to it.

You will look back and regret this post, wait and see !!!

As 1st Jan says above,I won't regret it cos it's how it is(anyone saying otherwise isn't facing up to the truth of the matter).

I think what you mean is I will be proved wrong..................fuck,I so hope so,bud.

I thought I had experienced every emotion possible during a lifetime of supporting the Gers but,watching back to back titles being won and still feeling despair is a weird one.

As 1st Jan says above,I won't regret it cos it's how it is(anyone saying otherwise isn't facing up to the truth of the matter).

I think what you mean is I will be proved wrong..................fuck,I so hope so,bud.

I thought I had experienced every emotion possible during a lifetime of supporting the Gers but,watching back to back titles being won and still feeling despair is a weird one.

Exactly how I feel,people on here saying Septic are shitting themselves Liewell and Yellowfangs are scared blah blah blah.

I really wish this was true but our club has problems from the boardroom to the training pitch so why the hell would they be scared?

If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be pissing myself laughing at the other mob not worrying about them.

Until we provide a decent team and sort our financial woes out I don't even think we can kid ourselves on Septic are running scared.

And by god do I wish they were,I can't wait for the days we're challenging them on and off the pitch but at this moment in time we're light years away :(

And that kills me to say.

Did you read what he said?

No progress on or off the field - we have regressed since a good start to the season & the off the field turmoil is at it's worst.

Brechin aren't scared of us. Thier manager came out and slaughtered us after the game and they have ran us close up there 3 times in over 18 months - Sunday there they outplayed and out passed us.

That interview from Lawwell wasn't him shitting himself. Not even close to it.

Guys, we are a better team than last season, we haven't lost a game this season. I admit that the football is dire some games, but we still win them. Not all games under Walter were pleasing on the eye. Yes we played better at the start of the season. We drew with Albion, but blew them away in the replay when the contest was on the line. The good football is in this team and will come out when it is needed. The off-field shit will take care of itself now the spivs have been paid. We will endure.

Guys, we are a better team than last season, we haven't lost a game this season. I admit that the football is dire some games, but we still win them. Not all games under Walter were pleasing on the eye. Yes we played better at the start of the season. We drew with Albion, but blew them away in the replay when the contest was on the line. The good football is in this team and will come out when it is needed. The off-field shit will take care of itself now the spivs have been paid. We will endure.

Spivs been paid? wise up man

Better team than last season? the style of play is every bit as bad and dire. The standard of that has not improved one bit - the difference is we have a defence and don't conceed the stupid goals we did last season. So that's an improvement, but actual style of football we have done nothing of progression.

Mate we haven't played a single good team this season ... However we are about to and I think you will be shocked at the gulf in class will be. Now if you consider the league we are in you could argue this is no big surprise .... However our resources are still head and shoulders above what this good team we are anout to play have and spend on wages. We are nowhere near a good team! QoS done what we done more or less last season with a tiny fraction of our resources. With the wages we are spunking and the facilities we have we should be mauling UTD at home in a semi. I honestly don't think we will even compete!

Why can't some of our fans understand the context of our undefeated run in relation to the fact we are playing plumbers, students etc. part time teams that's just a fact!

Mate we haven't played a single good team this season ... However we are about to and I think you will be shocked at the gulf in class will be. Now if you consider the league we are in you could argue this is no big surprise .... However our resources are still head and shoulders above what this good team we are anout to play have and spend on wages. We are nowhere near a good team! QoS done what we done more or less last season with a tiny fraction of our resources. With the wages we are spunking and the facilities we have we should be mauling UTD at home in a semi. I honestly don't think we will even compete!

Why can't some of our fans understand the context of our undefeated run in relation to the fact we are playing plumbers, students etc. part time teams that's just a fact!

I am damn sure that much as we are poor, QoS did not play 'cup finals' every week, yes it comes with the Rangers territory but getting lumps kicked out of us every week, guys running after every ball also parking the bus now as well.

How many times on BT or sky do we hear "this team will be fine if they play like this every week"

Comparing QoS and rangers has its drawbacks and can be used either way.

I am not looking forward to the next two cup matches but much like we need our team to raise its game Raith and Dundee hubs will do to.

Liewell is not worried about us as a team it is merely from a financial perspective, him and the corrupt cabal are presiding over the darkest and poorest days of scottish football in it history and need us to be their cash cow, i hope the rest of Rangers fans will do as i and not feed them the finances, it is unbelievable to me we have fans of our own threatening to financially de-stabilise our own club and yet are excited at the prospect of financing our haters

We can ignore his comments. If he said something which gave us any satisfaction it was just an accident.

Our road back to success does not depend on them and we just need to keep on supporting and ignoring the negatives in the press. One day the positives will far outweigh the rest. Or to quote Coldplay:

Nobody said it was easy,

No one ever said it would be this hard.

Oh, take me back to the start.

I am damn sure that much as we are poor, QoS did not play 'cup finals' every week, yes it comes with the Rangers territory but getting lumps kicked out of us every week, guys running after every ball also parking the bus now as well.

How many times on BT or sky do we hear "this team will be fine if they play like this every week"

Comparing QoS and rangers has its drawbacks and can be used either way.

I am not looking forward to the next two cup matches but much like we need our team to raise its game Raith and Dundee hubs will do to.

This 'cup final' excuse is pure smoke and mirrors. They are not one off games but we play each other 4 times a season. Very rarely have I seen the other team playing out their skin.

I've watched part time teams containing us with ease time and time again due to our laboured and very predictable approach to just about every single game we play.

Is it true we narrowed the pitch at Ibrox? Why the fuck would Ally allow that?

These teams only have to let us play in front of them and they know we wont make chance after chance by getting in behind them, even with players like Temps and Shiels.

My step sisters BF plays for East Fife (got taken off injured the last game) he has played against us a few times. He says the team talk before playing us is very simple as their manager knows exactly how we will play. Always narrow and with long diagonal balls to Daly. He says he cant believe how bad we are and reckons if they (east Fife) werent so shite going forward and in fornt of goal could beat us.

He is currently on loan from Killie and thinks they are a much better team than us. Incidentally he says Boyd is the best finisher he has ever seen and we would be crazy not to take him back. Apparently all the foreign boys in that Killie team agree.

I was firmly in the No camp for Boydie coming back but after speaking with him I don't think he can be worse than Daly who's movement inside and outside the box is worse.

Anyway I digress, sorry mate.

My points stands, so many of our fans argue these points with 'WATP' and 'Unbeaten since Forfar', 'we are not the same team' etc. We are still the same team. We are Rangers and outwith the mhanks we should be more than a match for the rest. We are still managing to spend more money on wages than the sheep and Utd together, this is what they are not understanding!!

With our resources and wages that are being spent on management/players I would expect us to be able to give the scum a game and hold our heads up high with pride.

However we are looking at the real possibility of being on the receiving end of a real doing, at home, against a team I despise. Last year was bad against them, I think they are much better and I'm sorry I don't think we have improved by much at all.